• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I haven't had issues with anything on the firearm however my understanding is that kel-tec will fix anything that people have reported. I believe there is a kel-tec gun owners forum that lists the various issues by serial number and if you send it back, they'll replace whatever the issue is.

True only if you are the original owner. KelTec changed there policy a few months ago. I've had the P-11 and the PF9 and just couldn't get use to either of them.I would buy another PF9 if the price was right but don't know that I would trust my life to it. For what the guns cost (nowadays) I would look into something more realiable. Best bet is to checkout the KTOC forum for more info.

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    i had a pf9 it was nice and thin. and looked nice. just the grip was to thin for me. got a lot of complimants though. they put nice adjustable sights on them

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    have a PF9 and sub2000 9mm.. love the sub it has been great!! the PF9 has its place small light weight, fairly reliably (I think I got some bad ammo). Put 50-100 rounds through the PF9 and you'll feel it.. overall I would say decent firearms, especially for the money. The main thing is practice with what you buy and make sure its reliable and fits your needs!.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Think Twice Before You Buy

I have a Kel-Tec P32, which has been trouble right out of the box.
    I had to send it into Kel-Tec and they fixed it. After firing 60
    rounds through it, it broke again. kel-Tec has it once more and
    I am waiting 8-10 weeks for it.
    Kel-Tec customer service is very eager to help. Good thing, since
    you will probably need them.
    To bad, when it works it shoots well and I have no jamming issues.
    When I get it back, will I carry it? Never!
    The gun shop - range I go to, stopped carrying Kel-Tecs because
    of to many problems. I should have listened to them.
    By the way, I have several other makes of pistols, all have
    functioned without issue.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a P3AT that I've carried for a few years now. I like it enough and trust it enough that I've never felt the desire to buy Ruger's copy of it or to buy any other pocket pistol. Well worth the money to me. I even picked up one of the 9 round extended mags for it, just in case I need the extra firepower. ;-)

I must admit that I will be looking long and hard at the new Colt Mustang, but just because I think it's a fine looking pistol and not because the P3AT isn't doing it for me.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Kahr vs Keltec isn't a very fair comparison. Kahr is much more $ and quite a bit better in most areas. The Keltec is less $ and functions fine. If the trigger is important to you get the Kahr. Keltec triggers are pretty bad.

Got to call BS on that one. Both my P-32 and P-11 had long but smooth trigger but they were as good as also any DAO I have owned. My PF-( has a slightly longer trigger than my tuned S&W 642 but it is lighter and a better feeling trigger. Any DAO than can boast a 5 1/2 pound smooth trigger pull is a winner in my book. My PF-9 has had about 2000 rounds of 9mm and another 4000 of 22 with less than 5 failures all which I would attribute to user error, ie limp wristing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHn1nHGS9yc[/ame]

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Good value. Had p32 - sold a year or so after the P3AT was proven. Have PLR 22, PLR 16 and Sub 2000 in 9mm. All very reliable. Have shot a PM9 and was OK. Compared to my GLOCKs - not as pleasant - but not the same animals really and about half the price. Utilitarian, compact, not great triggers, light weight - reliable.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I daily carry a p32, with a good level of confidence. Sold off my p3at to help pay for a spiffy Sig p238. Love the 238, but I still carry the p32 mostly. It's just SO thin and light. Never any firing/feeding issues with it.

chipperej

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Boone County Indiana
    I have a Sub2000 in 9mm Glock. It is a good weapon but I have had problems with FTE, even though I have broken it in. I have sent it back to KelTec for in warranty repair and am awaiting its return.

Top Bottom