• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    These are the only two pics of pens I have on this computer.

Nice!

I did these yesterday:
    75175AA5-B943-466E-88DB-B3FC240248B6_zpswxd2dxnv.jpg

6B0E9DCF-23FB-4220-87FD-12DFFBF7F621_zpsk544fkhh.jpg

Those 2 pens are being delivered to Japan this week :)

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Woodworking, road cycling, caving, archery, collecting and repairing pocket watches, Civil War Navy and canal-era reenacting/living history, trying to get the cat off my lap (they are irresistibly attracted to people who don't really like them), car repair (more out of need than enjoyment), volleyball, backpacking, music (autoharp, trombone), chocolate, camping, cross-country skiing, travel when we can afford it.

Keeping up with where the kids are now (People's Republic of Maryland, Beijing, Commiefornia) and Skyping with them. Skype is a miracle.

The English word does not exist for what I like to do most. The Greek is katartizo, which can mean restoring a useless thing to usefulness, along with other shades of meaning. It can consume a LOT of time, but much can be learned.

Last edited:

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Living History, Fly Fishing (not as much as I used too), Reading, woods bumming, creek wading, Indian and early settlers relic hunting, fossil hunting, chasing after my wife, sipping bourbon, Christian Apologetics, and pontificating...Lot's of pontificating.....

We are in the midst of buying some land with a couple of Indian Rock Houses on it and I hope to find proof of pre Clovis at some point...I just can't buy into the story that folks were not here before 13,000 years ago and I am hoping this rock house will yield such evidence....

And sitting in this tub on a hot summer day sipping a Dr. Pepper and reading a Backwoodsman pondering Life, God, and Turkey Ticks.....

I am jealous!!!! I really like the pictures of your new property. CONGRATS!!!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am jealous!!!! I really like the pictures of your new property. CONGRATS!!!!!

Thank you...It's been a long time in the planning stage and relatively quick in the implementation of the dream...We hiked it Sunday and it's better than I imagined it would be....Someone asked if the rock houses were big enough to camp in and I said they are big enough to raise a family in...Mineral deposits all in the soft dirt and more game tracks and paths leading to them than you can shake a stick at....

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Thank you...It's been a long time in the planning stage and relatively quick in the implementation of the dream...We hiked it Sunday and it's better than I imagined it would be....Someone asked if the rock houses were big enough to camp in and I said they are big enough to raise a family in...Mineral deposits all in the soft dirt and more game tracks and paths leading to them than you can shake a stick at....

The wife and I are discussing eventually doing the same. Buying property not raising a family in a Rock house lol
    a coworker has property in TN he is looking to get rid of. The pictures are beautiful around 100 foot of elevation change and backs up to a river. but it is a bit too far from NE Indiana for us to enjoy regularly and retirement is too far off to think down that path.
    Enjoy your patch of the earth. Congratulations again!!!

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Besides firearms I would say..

A little of this
    20160528_130437_zpsywzowbds.jpg

with some of this
    20160604_124512_zpsbkmftpf6.jpg

a touch of this
    20150622_210007_zpsjhlbdqf8.jpg

and just enough of this
    20160326_141047_zpsyrvpunre.jpg

Can't forget hunting, computers and some gaming. Thats just to many pictures though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Could have sworn I posted, but I cant find it. So here goes.

-Computers (professional geek, and am a firm believer in "if you do what you love you'll never work a day in your life".) Wireless point to point networking is one of the most fun parts of my job. Getting bits to fly through the air over great distances and catch them on the other side at high rates of speed definitely gives you a sense of satisfaction.
    -I also enjoy Model Railroading, but thats something that will have to come later when the kids move out and I can take over the extra space (so they cant move back in LOL)
    -I also dabble in plumbing, electrical and carpentry. I'm not very good, but I can keep from paying somebody for most needs. (just fixed an outlet tonight!)
    -Hope to get my HAM license this spring and become a weather spotter. (already passed the online spotter training)
    -Recovering pilot and skydiving instructor. (never at the same time) I also used to shoot freefall videos and stills, but due to a hard opening during nationals I cant support the weight of the camera helmets anymore.

Here I am many moons ago taking up some noobs that had never jumped old school round parachutes. Our DropZone was a long running one, so they had a bunch of "gutter gear" from the 70s that was still airworthy. A rigger got them all airworthy again and we would send up round loads. Seconds of sheer terror (will it open? They were far less reliable than modern canopies) followed by one of the calmest experiences you will ever have. Unlike modern ram-air parachutes that acutally drive forward as they fall, these would lower you gracefully to the ground with no wind noise since you floated like a leaf with the wind. OK, Graceful until that last inch. OOOOOF! (For several years in the early 00s we were putting out more round jumpers than all DZs in the world combined... it was a novelty)

suckers.jpg

And a screen grab from another vidiot as we took our team sponsor on a tandem skydive out of one of the few privately owned C130s in the world. The new owner just got it out of the paint shop and had a week to kill before his first paying gig. So he called our DZ and asked if we wanted him to let us jump it at our annual convention that coincided with his downtime. Uhhhhhh OK!!! (Thats me on the left with my heels over the edge of the gate and my butt in the breeze right before exit. )

c130door.bmp

Ive lost some dear friends in this sport, but man is it worth it. I know why the birds sing. ;)

Oh. And the reason for my nickname? This isnt me, but this is where the camera guy starts his skydive. On a teeeeeeny step about 2" deep and 3' long that is bolted to the outside of the airplane right behind the door. And depending on the plane, there is also a bar up top that lets you go about 3 feet back behind the door. And no, I wasnt afraid of falling off. Thats the point. To fall.
    start-exit1.jpg

I hope to try my hand at welding someday. Always wanted to learn that one. And I try to learn something small every day.

thanks and we run a horse rescue... but have meet some really great people. Started doing camps thru ball state with special needs kids and we are growing. So the hobby has turned into passion and service
    I take it that you have horses too?

You dont by any chance run an animal rescue farm in general? My kids did a home school field trip up your direction and wondering if it might have been you guys. They had rescue horses, ponies, goats, rabbits, you name it. (wife cant remember the name of the place though)

30a8bww.jpg

29tzeq.jpg

and the list goes on......

Remind me not to pi** you off. You have land and a backhoe. They'll never find the body. :): (Now that I think about it, that describes quite a few of you)

Living History, Fly Fishing (not as much as I used too), Reading, woods bumming, creek wading, Indian and early settlers relic hunting, fossil hunting, chasing after my wife, sipping bourbon, Christian Apologetics, and pontificating...Lot's of pontificating.....

We are in the midst of buying some land with a couple of Indian Rock Houses on it and I hope to find proof of pre Clovis at some point...I just can't buy into the story that folks were not here before 13,000 years ago and I am hoping this rock house will yield such evidence....

And sitting in this tub on a hot summer day sipping a Dr. Pepper and reading a Backwoodsman pondering Life, God, and Turkey Ticks.....

with a slight upgrade you got yerself a hottub.

quiznos-1027b.jpg

But that looks like some fun country to explore. I love exploring the woods much more than hiking down a trail. There is always something interesting to find.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I've recently rekindled my love/frustration for the cue sports. I hadn't played for quite some time but just as with shooting I enjoy the self challenge to be the best that I can be. Lots of other stuff too, but not to the extent of shooting and pocket billiards.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've recently rekindled my love/frustration for the cue sports. I hadn't played for quite some time but just as with shooting I enjoy the self challenge to be the best that I can be. Lots of other stuff too, but not to the extent of shooting and pocket billiards.

You will have to teach me.
    I like pool but I'm not good at it.I couldn't win a game against myself.I can't hit the ball I'm aiming at ... which I found out is important to win that game.
    I'm good at pocketing the 8 ball by accident though, or one that belongs to the other player.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Guns! O wait, besides Firearms.

I like:
    Studying and discussing Theology
    Dominating neighbors with my thick, dark green, Kentucky Bluegrass Lawn
    Playing basketball
    Eating Meat