• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Indy Area
    not necessarily, the garand collectors mag had a feature rifle that had IH marks on the heel and springfield on the leg. seems springfield made receivers for IH.

welded receivers have a discoloration where they were welded, not to be confused with the ww2 era lead dipped heels.

This one had the discoloration and also you could see where the machining was different in the op rod channel and on the inside of the receiver behind the clip latch. I have seen other welded receivers and this one was pretty bad. It looked like it had been in a fire.

Would you happen to remember what issue of the GCA had the article on the receivers?

subaru49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    jefferson hills
    international harvest

Hi,I have a international harvest I was at three gun shops and I was told that it looked like it was never fired,but never told me what it might be worth.I believe it has the springfield receiver.I was looking for someone to give me ideas on what it is worth.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hi,I have a international harvest I was at three gun shops and I was told that it looked like it was never fired,but never told me what it might be worth.I believe it has the springfield receiver.I was looking for someone to give me ideas on what it is worth.
    If it has a Springfield Receiver, it is a Springfield Garand. You might have some IH parts on it.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    To the OP "matching numbers" does not mean the same thing with a Garand as it does on a SKS/AK/Mosin. The only place that there is a serial number on a Garand is the receiver. MOST other parts on a Garand either will have a contract number, Maker Identifying mark or a feature on the part that identifies it as built during a certain period or serial/date range. The barrel will have a contract number and month/year built along with Springfield/IHC/Winchester, etc. Some imported rifles (US MADE and loaned to other countries then returned to the U.S.) could have parts that were not even made in the U.S. and are not "Original U.S.G.I. Issue")

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Nothing like rain on a parade Expat....lol

No one ever invites me to parades any more...

eeyore6.jpg

racersden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Evansville
    Certain serial number blocks of International Harvester M1's had receivers actually made by Springfield. They have IHC numbers on right side of receiver with Springfield Heat lot.
    On the heel of the receiver it is marked International Harvester.

The heel would look like this one.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Certain serial number blocks of International Harvester M1's had receivers actually made by Springfield. They have IHC numbers on right side of receiver with Springfield Heat lot.
    On the heel of the receiver it is marked International Harvester.

The heel would look like this one.

Hey Racersden...Nice looking "Gap letter" Garand. You got something there friend. Congrats!!:yesway:

Top Bottom