• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Let's be honest, it's anything perfect? No this isn't the tequila taking. 19 is a decent do all gun, but you probably already figured that. It won't fit in your pocket well, but it's a good gun to have...a lot bigger than the 938...higher capacity...rent one, see if you like it.

I carry a 42 most of the time and I like it. It's far from perfect, but I'm a marksman with it.

Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    I would vote for the 26. Just as accurate or even more accurate in some people's hands, can take all of the 9mm magazines, and can be shrunk down with the stock 10 round magazine. 19 is great, but the 26 can do more in my opinion.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Question answered, it looks as though it does exactly what i thought/wanted. I'm going to have to go out and handle one. If it feels good, it'll come home! Thanks for the input guys!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    as a glock 19 owner, I have to say, the perfect glock...is a sig p320! here's why,

on the glock i had to put
    extended slide release
    extended mag release
    3# ghost connector
    3# spring kit
    titanium pins
    polish the firing pin,trigger bar,connector,pins
    stainless guide rod
    still need to have the trigger guard undercut(to eliminate "glock knuckle")

on my p320 compact i had to do
    NOTHING!
    the trigger is better
    no undercutting the trigger guard
    no extended slide release
    no extended mag release

now all i HAD to do on the glock was the extended mag release, everything else was just to make the glock better!

so comparing the two, after i spent 80 dollars (plus shipping and my time) and i still need the undercut (20.00 from the glock store) and dealer cost on the glock and sig are within 1 dollar of each other, so they both should be the same cost, after you add the 100.00 to the glock, it makes better sense to buy the sig p320

so i say the perfect glock is...drum roll.....the sig p320!

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I will make it easier for you...:)

One is made of injected molded plastic in Hitler's home country at a cost of roughly $100 and is sold here in the US for about $500 or so....They are everywhere....The other was made here in the US of A and fires .357 magnum, .38 special, .38 S&W, or .38 Colt...It will feed wad cutters, shot loads and hollow points with the hollow point so big that you can put a cigarette out in it...They can still be purchased for $500 or so (depending on condition and they are creeping up..)

The point being, a Glock is a good gun that is still being made and they are literally everywhere....Smith and Wesson Model 19's are drying up and folks that have them are not letting them go...When given a choice between the two go with the harder one to find...

Hickcock45 once made a comment that it is kind of funny that the two firearms that have dominated the holsters of LEO's for the past 50 years or so were both Model 19's....They each have their place..

15 rounds vs 5...?

as a glock 19 owner, I have to say, the perfect glock...is a sig p320! here's why,

on the glock i had to put
    extended slide release
    extended mag release
    3# ghost connector
    3# spring kit
    titanium pins
    polish the firing pin,trigger bar,connector,pins
    stainless guide rod
    still need to have the trigger guard undercut(to eliminate "glock knuckle")

on my p320 compact i had to do
    NOTHING!
    the trigger is better
    no undercutting the trigger guard
    no extended slide release
    no extended mag release

now all i HAD to do on the glock was the extended mag release, everything else was just to make the glock better!

so comparing the two, after i spent 80 dollars (plus shipping and my time) and i still need the undercut (20.00 from the glock store) and dealer cost on the glock and sig are within 1 dollar of each other, so they both should be the same cost, after you add the 100.00 to the glock, it makes better sense to buy the sig p320

so i say the perfect glock is...drum roll.....the sig p320!

you HAD to put all that on it?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    19 vs. 320 aftermarket support:

Glock 19 magazines thousands available $19-24 on average.
    320 magazines $35-45 on average, not nearly as readily available
    G19 OEM parts readily available and cheap
    Sig OEM parts...?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    15 rounds vs 5...?

you HAD to put all that on it?

no, I had to put on the mag release, my thumb couldn't reach it, I had trouble with the slide release, everything else was to Improve the glock, and that's what it took to make the glock=sig

19 vs. 320 aftermarket support:

Glock 19 magazines thousands available $19-24 on average.
    320 magazines $35-45 on average, not nearly as readily available
    G19 OEM parts readily available and cheap
    Sig OEM parts...?

yes glock mags are cheaper but sig mags are metal(not metal lined plastic!)
    depends on where you look for mags, sig mags are everywhere
    yes oem parts are cheaper, costs less to mold plastic than make metal!(trigger,mag release,sights ALL metal)

answer me this? if you were married to scarlett johansen, would you need to take her to a plastic surgeon!

theres a reason why there are so many glock upgrades out there!

I like my glock! BUT I love my sig!
    there's a reason why police departments are jumping ship to sig! if you drank the glock kool aid, theres nothing I can say to change your mind! all I can do is give an impartial opinion(I own both), just curious how many of you glock fan boys on this thread have ever touched a p320? let alone shot one?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    no, I had to put on the mag release, my thumb couldn't reach it, I had trouble with the slide release, everything else was to Improve the glock, and that's what it took to make the glock=sig

yes glock mags are cheaper but sig mags are metal(not metal lined plastic!)
    depends on where you look for mags, sig mags are everywhere
    yes oem parts are cheaper, costs less to mold plastic than make metal!(trigger,mag release,sights ALL metal)

answer me this? if you were married to scarlett johansen, would you need to take her to a plastic surgeon!

theres a reason why there are so many glock upgrades out there!

I like my glock! BUT I love my sig!
    there's a reason why police departments are jumping ship to sig! if you drank the glock kool aid, theres nothing I can say to change your mind! all I can do is give an impartial opinion(I own both), just curious how many of you glock fan boys on this thread have ever touched a p320? let alone shot one?

Wondering why when people like Glock and disagree with SIG/H&K fans they are instantly 'fan boys'? And aren't the SEALs jumping from SIG to the Glock 19?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    15 rounds vs 5...?

Actually 15 rounds vs 6...I am an average kind of guy...The average number of rounds fired in a gunfight are 3....I live in an average place and grew up placing bets on the averages of horses at the Downs....I know there are people that think more is better...I am not one of those people...As I said, I live an average life and plan for an average gun fight....

A .357 magnum revolver can defend the hearth, take a deer or coyote cleanly, and with shot loads dispatch a snake if need be...Phrases like "tap, rack, and bang", "Stovepipes", "Failures to feed", "Failures to extract", "Polished feed ramps" etc...are things I come to INGO to learn about.....

If I spent my time as an LEO, Defense Contractor, soldier, Operator etc....I may feel differently but as I said...I am just an average guy....

In answer to your question? Yes. The $100 to manufacture injection molded Austrian wonder nine holds more rounds than a .357 magnum revolver. In the event that I find myself in an unusual situation where I would need more than six rounds I am afraid I would expire...Then it could be said that an average man, who played the averages, lost out to a horde of malcontents because he failed to heed the advice of the sage operators of youtube...

The Glock 19 has it's place...The gentleman was asked which he would choose if forced to choose between the two...I explained it would be my opinion to get the one that's getting harder to get rather than the one that is easy to get...As of this time there are way more Glock 19's available than Smith and Wesson Model 19's and as long as they are around the same price I would go with the harder to find model....

Just an opinion...Not a very popular one I am afraid but it is mine and I believe it to be correct....

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Actually 15 rounds vs 6...I am an average kind of guy...The average number of rounds fired in a gunfight are 3....I live in an average place and grew up placing bets on the averages of horses at the Downs....I know there are people that think more is better...I am not one of those people...As I said, I live an average life and plan for an average gun fight....

A .357 magnum revolver can defend the hearth, take a deer or coyote cleanly, and with shot loads dispatch a snake if need be...Phrases like "tap, rack, and bang", "Stovepipes", "Failures to feed", "Failures to extract", "Polished feed ramps" etc...are things I come to INGO to learn about.....

If I spent my time as an LEO, Defense Contractor, soldier, Operator etc....I may feel differently but as I said...I am just an average guy....

In answer to your question? Yes. The $100 to manufacture injection molded Austrian wonder nine holds more rounds than a .357 magnum revolver. In the event that I find myself in an unusual situation where I would need more than six rounds I am afraid I would expire...Then it could be said that an average man, who played the averages, lost out to a horde of malcontents because he failed to heed the advice of the sage operators of youtube...

The Glock 19 has it's place...The gentleman was asked which he would choose if forced to choose between the two...I explained it would be my opinion to get the one that's getting harder to get rather than the one that is easy to get...As of this time there are way more Glock 19's available than Smith and Wesson Model 19's and as long as they are around the same price I would go with the harder to find model....

Just an opinion...Not a very popular one I am afraid but it is mine and I believe it to be correct....

I respect your opinion and might feel the same way if I was a collector.

Personally I don't feel safe with 6 rounds. Everything is unknown as far as variables go in confrontation. I don't know what will happen but I'd like to be prepared for the worst, practically. That being said I don't carry a glock 19 for an edc. I'd prefer more than 5 or 6 rounds though, that's why I personally shy away from revolvers. My EDC holds 8 so it's not much better, but I'm accurate with it and can reload quickly.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wondering why when people like Glock and disagree with SIG/H&K fans they are instantly 'fan boys'? And aren't the SEALs jumping from SIG to the Glock 19?

the big difference is a "a glock fan boy" has never touched another gun, wont touch another gun, has one of every size, shape, color, caliber! he's the one who wont accept any gun that "gaston" didn't produce!, he thinks that his stock 17/19/22/23/ will out shoot a Wilson/nighthawk/les bear 1911!

I admit im a sig fan boy!, I own 13 handguns(6 are sigs) but one is a glock! and as of now, I've got 2 glock owners who've switched to sig (one had done everything ive done to my glock, PLUS apex trigger, undercut the grip, and stippled his) and his words to me are "you're the devil!"

the other won a gun from the nra(a glock 19) and I showed him my 320, and he asked if they could substitute a p320

as for the seals....well I doubt the seals switched, I bet someone MADE them switch....remember the military switched from 45 to 9mm? who made that decision? the guys on the front lines? or the pencil pushers in Washington?

Top Bottom