• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wow. It's quite obvious from the testimony in the article that he intended to keep the gun, but brought it back when he realized they would notice. Very foolish.

Then why just take one? I mean, that's what I would first assume as well but apparently there's some electronic evidence that he actually did research the sights and replacements. It's so dumb. I'll repeat myself: I can't even.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I resemble that haircut and have a BS in CJ from IU too, so every two weeks I sit on a stool in my driveway and my wife “PEELS IT” with clippers, I cannot cheat myself on a real haircut and afford .40 S&W now can ?!?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Then why just take one? I mean, that's what I would first assume as well but apparently there's some electronic evidence that he actually did research the sights and replacements. It's so dumb. I'll repeat myself: I can't even.
    Is it possible someone in his position could be so foolish? Was there maybe some other reason to risk your job, and honor?

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment

One of my all time favorite movies! The sarcasm could cut steel.

I'm not sure if this guy wanted to swap the night sights onto his Glock and return the evidence gun with his old sights.....
    or straight up stole it, but then got cold feet, but I know you can't take something from a store to "examine" it for a week and then bring it back, without either charging it and doing a refund....
    or facing charges.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    One of my all time favorite movies! The sarcasm could cut steel.

I'm not sure if this guy wanted to swap the night sights onto his Glock and return the evidence gun with his old sights.....
    or straight up stole it, but then got cold feet, but I know you can't take something from a store to "examine" it for a week and then bring it back, without either charging it and doing a refund....
    or facing charges.
    Blue label Glocks are cheap, no reason to steal one.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well of course....

Better yet, trade it with some street punk who is a sometimes informant for another gun so that in case the "drop gun" is tied to a perp you busted and took it off of, there won't be a trail to you.

I mean....have these people never seen a single episode of "The Shield"?
    Probably watching Matlock instead...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Years ago in Ft Wayne I’m told officer stole a Colt Python that was suppose to be destroyed. Years later his son stole that gun and killed a police officer with it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    That's what it appears to be. He took the gun to either identify the sights or figure out how they were installed so he could do the same thing to his gun, and then returned the "secretely borrowed" gun once he did that. Unaltered and allegedly unfired. I just can't even...

I couldn't, either, but on second thought: if you can't afford a set of night sights on a detective salary, I suppose you can't afford one of those quietly-operating-but-outrageously-overpriced Glock Sight-Pusher thingies, either.

Sometimes, you just gotta go hammer the shxt outta something on your home workbench.

Are we allowed to talk about this on the INGO?
    He wasn't rescuing perfectly good sights from certain death in a scrapyard, so I think we're a go on this one.

Wouldn't it be a peach, though, if he ran the serial number, saw it was reported stolen...and _then_ returned it?

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I couldn't, either, but on second thought: if you can't afford a set of night sights on a detective salary, I suppose you can't afford one of those quietly-operating-but-outrageously-overpriced Glock Sight-Pusher thingies, either.

Sometimes, you just gotta go hammer the shxt outta something on your home workbench.

I could even sort of understand that as a standard "nobody will miss it" theft...but he returned it unaltered and unfired supposedly. Unaltered would mean he didn't take the sights off and swap them. Just...look at them? I mean, did he look at them in different lighting conditions and against different color backgrounds? Did he research some part number? WITAF was his throught process, as I'm not just morbidly curious about his mindset. I am still stuck at: I can't even.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I could even sort of understand that as a standard "nobody will miss it" theft...but he returned it unaltered and unfired supposedly. Unaltered would mean he didn't take the sights off and swap them. Just...look at them? I mean, did he look at them in different lighting conditions and against different color backgrounds? Did he research some part number? WITAF was his throught process, as I'm not just morbidly curious about his mindset. I am still stuck at: I can't even.
    That why I think maybe there is something more to this than what he said.
    Surely he was not that foolish.
    I mean he has heard of a gunshop right?

Top Bottom