• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes , I would . The fact that it's in a holster doesn't automatically mean they're a good person but as long as the LTCH was squared away I'd give them the benefit of the doubt .

All those poor cops working in the many less restrictive states which don't require a license to carry just have to give carriers the benefit of the doubt unless there's a reason not to.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Yes , I would . The fact that it's in a holster doesn't automatically mean they're a good person but as long as the LTCH was squared away I'd give them the benefit of the doubt .

So you aren't excatly for gun rights, you're simply for gun ownership....

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    So you aren't excatly for gun rights, you're simply for gun ownership....

No , I'm for a common sense approach to staying alive in a job where simply putting on the uniform makes you a target of opportunity .

IMO the LTCH doesn't mean it removes the possibility of you ever becoming a bad guy , it just means you weren't when you got it .

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    All those poor cops working in the many less restrictive states which don't require a license to carry just have to give carriers the benefit of the doubt unless there's a reason not to.

Well good for them .

I know we all like to PC it up for the sheep about how the gun is " just another tool in the box " but I'm not PC so I don't subscribe to that way of thinking , I call it what it is , a deadly weapon .

IMO , anyone who chooses to nonchalantly throw an un holstered gun in the glove box doesn't respect it for what it is .

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well good for them .

No, it's bad for them. They don't have a legislative infringement to fall back on as an excuse to demand a carriers "papers".

I know we all like to PC it up for the sheep about how the gun is " just another tool in the box " but I'm not PC so I don't subscribe to that way of thinking , I call it what it is , a deadly weapon .

Do you also use that term for hands, feet, knives, hammers, rope, pens, bricks, cars, etc? Not sure why the mere presence of a holstered gun would give you any more reason to want to investigate the carrier but it certainly isn't an issue of political correctness.

IMO , anyone who chooses to nonchalantly throw an un holstered gun in the glove box doesn't respect it for what it is .

But in light of this particular tangent we're discussing (checking the license of a holstered carrier), so what?

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    No , I'm for a common sense approach to staying alive in a job where simply putting on the uniform makes you a target of opportunity .

IMO the LTCH doesn't mean it removes the possibility of you ever becoming a bad guy , it just means you weren't when you got it .

Your membership is about to expire, please renew now to continue to receive the benefits:

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Under due process and the presumption of innocence, "removing the possibility of you ever becoming a bad guy" is not the evidentiary standard by which police may violate what are rights otherwise protected by the fourth amendment. A driver does not bear the burden to prove that he is a good guy when possessing a legally owned and possessed firearm; rather, the police officer bears the burden to articulate specific, reasonable suspicion why the driver is committing some unlawful act.

"I need to run it to make sure it isn't stolen" is a rationalization that seriously burns me.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    ^^^ This was the the 'STANDARD' that was spouted by the Head of the State Police when interviewed on WIBC Greg Garrison as he found a "stolen gun" I believe he said something like 20+ years prior!!!

johnwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    bedford
    most officers i have interacted with are good guy's but a few are rambos in training i have had one draw on me when i told him i had a carry permit and was armed (rookie) i have had a couple take my gun for the time it took the stop to be over in those cases they said about the same thing they were doing it for their safety and mine whatever that means. all i can say is just go along with them and dont give them a reason cause they can always find one to put your ass behind bars and unless they do something really heinous your not going to get anything done to them not even a reprimand

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Point is , if you guys ever did a job where each day could literally be your last , you'd understand that the ability to have faith and trust in your fellow man's kindness is a luxury . So cut'em some slack and quit crying cause they wanna get a better idea who they're dealing with .

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Point is , if you guys ever did a job where each day could literally be your last , you'd understand that the ability to have faith and trust in your fellow man's kindness is a luxury . So cut'em some slack and quit crying cause they wanna get a better idea who they're dealing with .

if you are that afraid of doing your job, you should be in a different line of work...

the point is, there is more than in way to kill a person. I'm far less likely to kill a person carrying a firearm than others are without a fire arm. I'm not a threat. My pistol isn't a threat. The two together are less of a threat. So as I go about my day, you think that every cop I run into shoukd stop me, and check my license. Well if that were the case I would have been questioned at least 15 times TONIGHT.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

Every day can be everyone's last. That isn't an excuse to violate the rights of another. You are way off base here.

Top Bottom