I've been searching....and I can't find anything that "beats" a glock 19 Compact

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Other things I like about the G19 - no grip safety, no magazine disconnect, no superfluous parts - all of which reduce the failure rate.

OP, you might also throw weight into your list of criteria.

G19 - 23.65 oz empty
    FNS9 - 25.2 oz empty

I haven't found anything that can beat it's size/rounds or rounds/weight ratios.

It's the model to which I generally compare all compact carry guns.

I also like it's ubiquity. You'll have no issues finding accessories (holsters, parts, etc.) as you may with handguns that aren't very popular.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    eh.....1.2" vs 1.3".....Not much of a difference. Plus, you're looking at width at the widest point. The PPQ is the one I'm most familiar with, so I'll speak to it. 1.3" is measured at the widest point, which is the ambi slide release. That has no practical significance when talking about concealability since the frame and slide are pretty dang similar to the glock 19. In addition, it's more chamfered and rounded than the G19, which means that at least on me, it prints less.

No knock on the glock, though. If it works for you, run it.

If he'll go to 1.30" how about G20

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There was a thread floating around one of the websites I frequent earlier this year about how it's sometimes easier to shoot a sub compact gun than anything larger. I think it was talking about how the shorter sight radius results in less front sight movement on recoil and that allows the front sight to be reaquired faster. It's been a while and I've slept a few times since then, so I'm just running from memory. I have both a G27 and G23 with 9mm barrels for each and the G27 with a 9mm barrel (poor man's G26) is a very nice shooter. I never could get used to my G19s and sold them both this year, but I do like the G23. That size pistol makes a great carry package if it works for you.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I have a G19c it's one off my favorite guns. I usually carry concealed a G26 or 27 just because of the size. I also have a 357sig. barrel for the 27. All three are great guns.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    There was a thread floating around one of the websites I frequent earlier this year about how it's sometimes easier to shoot a sub compact gun than anything larger. I think it was talking about how the shorter sight radius results in less front sight movement on recoil and that allows the front sight to be reaquired faster. It's been a while and I've slept a few times since then, so I'm just running from memory. I have both a G27 and G23 with 9mm barrels for each and the G27 with a 9mm barrel (poor man's G26) is a very nice shooter. I never could get used to my G19s and sold them both this year, but I do like the G23. That size pistol makes a great carry package if it works for you.
    I am one that shoots the 26 or the 19 much better then a 17. Seems like the shorter guns are easier for me to shoot.psyko

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Agreed, there are many folks that shoot the subcompact (26/27) better than the compact (19/23). I'm curious, what was the problem with the 19's, they are the same size as the 23. I guess I should not throw stones though, as I sold off both of my 23's but that was to consolidate to 9mm. Just never enjoyed shooting the .40.

I am one that shoots the 26 or the 19 much better then a 17. Seems like the shorter guns are easier for me to shoot.psyko

Agreed.

Top Bottom