• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I would like to say I am the martial artist, but in reality he left out my type....

The internet commando!

intern10.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I am not the biggest Yeager fan... but honestly, if you hate his videos so much - why would you click on a thread with his name in the title?

I guess I did not realize anyone has the power to force you to view a video online...

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I don't hate his videos. I don't know enough about him to feel so strongly, one way or the other. But you see, Dead Duck was looking rather down today. So I thought I'd give him a friendly thumbs up. However I can see my friendly thumbs up is not welcome in this thread, so I shall retract it and find some other sad looking water foul whom I may offer it to.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I am not the biggest Yeager fan... but honestly, if you hate his videos so much - why would you click on a thread with his name in the title?

I guess I did not realize anyone has the power to force you to view a video online...

:+1:

James Yeager has this power, his tactical charisma forces you to watch all his videos three times.:bowdown:
    I think it's the beard thingy, you cant look away.Chris Costa has the same effect on people. :spend:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

This is why I try and title the thread clearly as to give folks an idea of what it contains.

Love him, hate him, or be indifferent-- but I don't think "stop posting these" is the answer. Being current in the gun community is entertaining and educational.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Simple -

:chuck:Chuck Norris said -
    "If you don't trust your teacher, then you're just wasting your time."

I actually respect you guys here on INGO (well, most of you) and don't want you guys to waste your time without really knowing this guy.
    Please stay informed.
    Any beneficial information he can bring to the table can be gathered elsewhere.

Obviously, I do NOT trust him and will NOT be taking classes at Tactical Response or his minion's facilities. EVER!

Just call me the "Anti-Yeager!" :evilangel:

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany

I COMMAND YOU ALL TO WATCH EVERY VIDEO THAT YOU KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!

Is it working yet? This is the internet so I guess you we will never know.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Everyone's opinions about James Yeager aside...

I think I fit into at least 3 of those catagories, 2 more so than others.

1) Collector. I have a few pieces that I own for that reason...collection. I'm probably not going to go shoot a correct grade M1 Garand at a carbine course (and for other practical reasons too). I may take one of my shooter grade M1's to the National match though! In either case I'm going to try to be careful with them since they do have some inherent value that is derrived from their condition. That is the case with a few of the other "collectable" firearms that I own.

2) Hobbyist. While not a new gun owner, I'm still at somewhat of an "embryonic" stage as he calls it. I'm kinda thinking competition might be fun and a good way to get excerise and practice with my gun. I like to hunt, and consider that a hobby, and own a few guns for that purpose.

3) Martial Artist. I'm nowhere near an artist, nor a well trained gun fighter. I have taken some classes however to improve my ability and plan on many more. One aspect that does put me in this class is that I do carry wherever I am legally permitted to do so. I also have some scratches on a few of my guns that I don't mind, and do have some holster wear starting to show on my G19.

I think the value of this video is that it does make a person stop and reflect on why they own a gun or guns. If you are just hoping to get lucky that by owning one you are safe, you probably are in it for the wrong reason. If you are any of the other classes, you do at least shoot your gun and thereby have taken an important step in the right direction as to practicing and learning how to use it correctly and safely.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I'm also a gun historian. I don't collect rare guns, but I do research the history of guns. I studied it during college and still do.

Top Bottom