• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    That guy's probably one of the most level-headed journalism professors out there.
    No ****. And I hope that answers the occasional question that has been asked by members here after a particularly stupid report or broadcast involving a gun is aired or published by an incredibly stupid and uninformed "journalist".
    "Where do these people come from?" -- Well, there ya go.

...and I wouldn't worry too much about his family. "Journalists" are all about talking about stuff and not really doing much of anything.
    Oh, but their professors have been "molding young minds" for many years.

My guess is that any INGO member would make that list! :ingo:
    Bring it. :)

Why didn't I become a journalism major? Hell I can tell lies and say stupid s***.
    Yeah, but you'd have to do it with a straight face. :joke:

That's why I became a lawyer....and I'm pretty sure I get paid better.
    :joke:

Ok....let me get this straight....this joker goes into center that promotes Judeo-Christian values with the intent on killing as many people as possible, solely based off a SPLC list of "hate groups", only shoots one person, gets caught, and they prosecute him as someone who has committed a terrorist act....BUT cant seem to rule that the Fort Hood shootings were a terrorist related even after the shooter shouts "ALLAH AKBAR"? What kind of messed up judicial system are we living with anyways?
    Umm, yeah, but I think that particular issue has more to do with the executive branch or ... something else.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I didn't see any comments on his FB page, so maybe he has shut that down.

If you check out his bio, he was hired as a prof with only a bachelor's, got a master's in journalism from UNC where he was formerly working as an assistant to the head of their DOC. Before that he was a journalist of some sort.

It seems that journalism profs are not hired on the basis of academic credentials, which might or might not have made a difference in this DB's case.

I think we see here the explanation why journalism as a profession in America has fallen on such hard times.

News in brief - Oread, the KU employee newsletter

Public censure
    David Guth, Associate Professor of Journalism, engaged in unprofessional, threatening, and abusive behavior towards another faculty member in an October 8, 2010 incident. His conduct violated acceptable standards for professional ethics, University policies and Article V.2 and Article V.5 of the Faculty Code of Conduct. This announcement represents public censure of Professor Guth for his actions.

Strangely enough, his blog does not discuss or justify that incident. Apparently he is representative of the public image KU wants to project.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So uh, what exactly was the NRA supposed to do to stop this shooting?

Worked a little harder to get Clinton's idiotic law that disarmed our military on their own bases repealed? Might not have stopped the shooting, but it may have reduced the number of casualties.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    If we have a thread every time some idiot tweets something dumb this is goung to be a pretty cluttered forum.

Ok....let me get this straight....this joker goes into center that promotes Judeo-Christian values with the intent on killing as many people as possible

No. It is not accurate to claim that FRC supports "Judeo-Christian values." The FRC is fundamentally an anti-gay group that hides its rhetoric behind claims of supporting "traditional family values." While the shooter's actions were abhorrent, it is entirely accurate to label the FRC a hate group.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If we have a thread every time some idiot tweets something dumb this is goung to be a pretty cluttered forum.

No. It is not accurate to claim that FRC supports "Judeo-Christian values." The FRC is fundamentally an anti-gay group that hides its rhetoric behind claims of supporting "traditional family values." While the shooter's actions were abhorrent, it is entirely accurate to label the FRC a hate group.

^^^Wow, that's so wrong it's actually funny.

Rockhopper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Boonville

Anti-gay does not equal anti-gay people.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    After paying attention to all the threats of violence and lies that the anti-gun crowd spewed, and still spew, during the most recent push for more stringent gun control I am not the least bit surprised to hear this. The worst part is that he's a professor at a college. Makes me wonder how safe his students are while in the same classroom as him.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    What a twisted mind to have teaching our kids.

I can see where the younger college students might have qualms about confronting this prof in his classroom. It is the responsibility of the older, more mature adults to step up and shame the man before his peers and other students. It would be easy to organize a campaign that would pretty much drive this man off from campus.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That guy's probably one of the most level-headed journalism professors out there.

...and I wouldn't worry too much about his family. "Journalists" are all about talking about stuff and not really doing much of anything.

Remember if you control academia then you control the culture. After all most of the journalists will have to go through your courses as will the lawyers (thus the politicians). Same for those in Hollywood (though we do have a lot of actors who never finished high school). And just about all public school teachers. You control what people learn. Especially the lowfo crowd.

Too bad that libertarians could not make an effort to take over academia. Most of the Baby Boomers are retiring and 74% of the PhD candidates are foreign born.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    NRA News reported that the professor has been put on administrative leave.

638F824C-AE4B-4AE6-875C-E95EE8FA7618-549-00000098CFBA254D_zps9166a3a0.jpg

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Big deal now he stis at home and gets paid. I think Darwin may be watching him as a possibility to receive an award!

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After paying attention to all the threats of violence and lies that the anti-gun crowd spewed, and still spew, during the most recent push for more stringent gun control I am not the least bit surprised to hear this. The worst part is that he's a professor at a college. Makes me wonder how safe his students are while in the same classroom as him.

it is a SHE. And she is a very good looking red head.

Top Bottom