• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I haven't posted any work for a while, so thought I would post some pics of the weekend project. This build is getting close and is a 2011 in .40 on a sight tracker barrel/slide that will be a USPSA limited division pistol.

Pics below of flat topping, vee design pattern, tri top, bomar cut, slide serrations and an ejector fit/install

Flattop is cut and Vee pattern that I like to use has been cut as well

2dglz88.jpg

Tri top has been cut now with 45deg cutter, Bomar cut in progress

20ij7zq.jpg

Bomar profile is complete and starting to look a little better

nmak5l.jpg

641izl.jpg

Bomar dovetail cut, drilling/tapping for elevation screw

fv8x1v.jpg

mrbpch.jpg

Setting up/cutting front serrations/scallops, rear serrations already cut

2gwuur8.jpg

2mhepnq.jpg

Finally found an oversize ejector (without making one) that I can get a good, tight to slide fit with minimal gaps

2le18uc.jpg

And...getting close to finish prep on this one

o6ehbk.jpg

5ee8a8.jpg

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Thanks guys. I will get some good pics up when it comes back from finish in a few weeks

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I was about to ask, how do you keep from crushing the slid in that vise.....then I saw the aluminium block in the one pic......as a tool maker......would you show a pic of the fixture you are using.........?

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I was about to ask, how do you keep from crushing the slid in that vise.....then I saw the aluminium block in the one pic......as a tool maker......would you show a pic of the fixture you are using.........?

55fairlane, I don't have a good pic of it handy, but I do a lot of hybrid barrel style barrel builds. That's why you see the barrel in the slide as well. The block you see is actually a fixture I built to hold the barrel in lockup. There is a screw on the bottom side of the block that pushes up on the bottom of the horizontal barrel ramp surface. The barrel supports the slotted end of the slide and the other end is essentially solid, so I have never seen any deformity. When I cut the slot I use a brass rod in the slide to keep it from collapsing, but once the barrel is fit to the slide, I use the barrel as support. I will get a pic of it up this evening or tomorrow am.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009

Here is a quick pic of the little lockup block I use. It has a recess on the top for the barrel lugs to ride in to keep lugs centered and the bolt pushes up on the bottom of the lug holding it in place.

2eq3w1v.jpg

Top Bottom