• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Opening the field up to .38 spl offers more options. The more I shoot my revolvers, the more I appreciate my model 14. 6" barrel, combat hammer and trigger, and a great shooter. And she came with these purty stag grips.

smith14-4_zps88956eab.jpg

bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    I carried a model 19 for 15 years...not sure why either a perfect fit or time together but have not scored as high since I switched to a p220

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Single actions can be fun. They tend to get tedious after a while (loading). I have a convertible in .22lr / .22WMR which is the bee's knees. But I hear the convertible for 9mm is inherently inaccurate.

Yep I figure the reloading can get old quick but then again being a range toy I believe it will help conserve ammo (:D). Interesting to hear about inaccuracy issues with the 9mm in the Blackhawk, that just might push me further into the Vaquero camp, I have been waffling back and forth about which one to get. The only thing that had me leaning towards the Blackhawk was the 9mm option. Looks like I have some more pondering to do (and gives me time to save some more money!!)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is my "fun/farm" revolver....I have put close to 3000 rounds or so down her(since spring)...Cleaned her a couple of times and she shoots like a champ...Ugly as sin but with the way K Frame .22's are creeping up in value one hesitates to put a mint one on the belt and carry it around for "varmints and such" as the good Lord intended...

I have a theory that the Lord did not rest on the seventh day but actually invented the K frame .22 Revolver...I have no scripture to back up this theory...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My revolver experiences...

I dearly love my S&W Model 66. Comfortable, fun, and very, very accurate.

I did NOT love the 617 10-shot I traded off years ago. The primary problem is that it was a 10 shot and the abbreviated rotation of the cylinder never felt right compared with feeling the torque of a full 1/6 turn.

I did NOT love the Colt Python I regret trading, only because of the value shooting up like a rocket since then. It was not so comfortable as the 66 and I just couldn't hit with it.

I really like my Model 60, but for what it is, which is not a shooting for the hell of it gun.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Here is my "fun/farm" revolver....I have put close to 3000 rounds or so down her(since spring)...Cleaned her a couple of times and she shoots like a champ...Ugly as sin but with the way K Frame .22's are creeping up in value one hesitates to put a mint one on the belt and carry it around for "varmints and such" as the good Lord intended...

I have a theory that the Lord did not rest on the seventh day but actually invented the K frame .22 Revolver...I have no scripture to back up this theory...

He most certainly did NOT. He made it on the sixth day and shot it on the seventh day.....all day -))

Top Bottom