Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Excellent.

BSw0GIeCYAA3Gyg.jpg:large

Anyone else receive similar e-mails lately?

I'm a bit disappointed through the entire e-mail, he didn't once mention the reasons for the premium increase. So, employees will just think it's the evil insurance companies, rather than the real reasons.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Insurance premiums have been going up steadily for many years now, without Obamacare. Even without the ACA they would have likely gone up anyway. Even though the ACA will be having an impact on prices, it's not the only factor, by a longshot. Pleasing the shareholders comes first for the insurance companies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mine went from $1 last year to $0 this year. Benefits are from January to January so I imagine with ACA kicking in for next year a really good thing is going to get shot all to hell.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Sucks dude. A 15% hike is significant for sure. I haven't heard anything official as of yet from our HR manager but we had a really good phone conversation two weeks ago and he's thinking the rates aren't going to change. Famous last words I'm sure.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like your mom's employer is a tool. Alienate good employees to save a couple of bucks. Way to gain employee loyalty.

Hah she works for the Greencastle school corporation, cutting all non-teaching/administrative jobs to part time as to avoid fine/providing insurance. She's an aid in their at-risk pre-school class.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    My work scrapped our insurance plans and replaced them with a new, much more complicated insurance with higher premiums. The summary of the plans might have been as long as the ACA itself. They even made the news a couple months back.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Insurance premiums have been going up steadily for many years now, without Obamacare. Even without the ACA they would have likely gone up anyway. Even though the ACA will be having an impact on prices, it's not the only factor, by a longshot. Pleasing the shareholders comes first for the insurance companies.

I thought Obabamba Care is gonna fix all these above.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I am sure we will see many stories on tv and in the newspaper on how Obamacare is causing so many employees being moved to part time and the increase in insurance rates due to Obamacare.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Anyone have an example of any function or industry taken over by the federal government that is not inefficient, costly, poorly-managed, and in financial trouble?Look at the US Post Office, AmTrak, the VA, just to name a few. Socializing medicine is not the answer, free market competition across state lines and tort reform would be a better idea.

Top Bottom