• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone have an example of any function or industry taken over by the federal government that is not inefficient, costly, poorly-managed, and in financial trouble?Look at the US Post Office, AmTrak, the VA, just to name a few. Socializing medicine is not the answer, free market competition across state lines and tort reform would be a better idea.

THIS!!!!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    My co-pays all went up and my prescriptions co-pays increased so much I can't afford my drugs. I was shocked when I got the total at Walgreens earlier and had to tell them I would have to wait to refill a few this month meaning I can't afford some period. So I will deal with increased pain instead of affording my pain meds. Thanks Barry! Maybe I can kick YOU in the nuts and let you feel how I feel for a while.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Enron pleased it's shareholders....up until it didn't.

Companies that treat its employees well typically do quite well for their shareholders.

If memory serves though, didn't they also treat their employees well until just before the house of cards began to collapse?

Just as I don't need the .gov providing for me, I don't need my employer to fill that role either. My employment with them is by mutual agreement. I agree to provide my services in exchange for a compensation package the company provides or I negotiate. I am no more entitled to health care coverage by my employer than I am by the .gov. When/if I get to the point I believe my services are worth more than I am being compensated, I am free to seek a better situation. Obviously, employers are making similar judgements. In today's economy, they simply don't have to offer as extravagant packages to attract and retain employees.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If memory serves though, didn't they also treat their employees well until just before the house of cards began to collapse?

Just as I don't need the .gov providing for me, I don't need my employer to fill that role either. My employment with them is by mutual agreement. I agree to provide my services in exchange for a compensation package the company provides or I negotiate. I am no more entitled to health care coverage by my employer than I am by the .gov. When/if I get to the point I believe my services are worth more than I am being compensated, I am free to seek a better situation. Obviously, employers are making similar judgements. In today's economy, they simply don't have to offer as extravagant packages to attract and retain employees.

I agree. I've worked for companies who treat employees like ****, and I've rewarded them in kind by leaving at the first opportunity. I'm not implying that health care is an "entitlement" or that employers should be forced to provide it. I'm saying that it's in a company's best interest to find ways to treat employees well even in rough times.

My current employer has treated its employees well through both kinds of markets since I've been there. Job satisfaction is very important to me. To me, an employer who values its employees is in itself part of the compensation. Even in hard times, the bottom line doesn't mean companies HAVE to treat their employees like ****. Employers can treat their employees well without messing up the bottom line. But that usually takes effort and ingenuity and a regard for people. That's all I'm saying.

uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sounds like your mom's employer is a tool. Alienate good employees to save a couple of bucks. Way to gain employee loyalty.

They aren't alienating to save a couple bucks; they are cutting costs so that they can stay in business and people can keep whatever job they have left. You sir, should have had a V8

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Insurance premiums have been going up steadily for many years now, without Obamacare. Even without the ACA they would have likely gone up anyway. Even though the ACA will be having an impact on prices, it's not the only factor, by a longshot. Pleasing the shareholders comes first for the insurance companies.

I'm glad to see you still fail to find any fault in Obama or any Democrat politico really. You're even blaming those greedy capitalist pigs though Obamacare restricts returns that insurance companies can keep. Thanks for revealing the real face of INGO's so-called "Libertarians."

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Is it just me, or does every time they try to improve the living standards of US workers it backfires and makes everything worse for us?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is it just me, or does every time they try to improve the living standards of US workers it backfires and makes everything worse for us?

Maybe it's just you, to go along with all the rest who were suckered by this "Affordable Health Care" plan/law. I think a whole lot of us heard what this was really gonna be early on.

You get what you ask for.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Anyone have an example of any function or industry taken over by the federal government that is not inefficient, costly, poorly-managed, and in financial trouble?Look at the US Post Office, AmTrak, the VA, just to name a few. Socializing medicine is not the answer, free market competition across state lines and tort reform would be a better idea.

Hey! The VA is the most efficient government function EVER!!!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Companies that treat its employees well typically do quite well for their shareholders.
    Exactly. That's why this BS of cutting hours and raising rate to accommodate Obamacare is just a load of BS. It shows what many employers really think about their greatest asset, their employees. Starbucks stands as a shining example of how to actually do things and treat their employees. The rest of these tools are going to get bit in the ass down the road for this type of behaviour.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Maybe it's just you, to go along with all the rest who were suckered by this "Affordable Health Care" plan/law. I think a whole lot of us heard what this was really gonna be early on.

You get what you ask for.
    I didn't ask for it. I knew it was going to backfire the minute they started talking about it, but helping the worker was their main selling point.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Obamacare is to blame and those who "oh the premiums went up before so it's not obummers fault" are full of it. Premiums have always gone up do to increased cost but as we all have noticed Never did they go up as much as they have in preparation of obamacare. The obamacare cliff has caused a wide range of increases. These increases are multi-faceted some of these are "make hay while the sunshines" increases by an industry that will shrink by as much as 75% if Obama gets his way but more are increases in costs and risk mandated by this mess. I think we should all remember some of these big pink fuzzy ideas that unions and libs want are not nearly as fun when they are just memories from "that loving great employer" who thanks to the fun fuzzy policies was so unprofitable they are now out of business.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Enron pleased it's shareholders....up until it didn't.

Enron pleased their shareholders with smoke and mirrors, scams and lies.

I'm glad to see you still fail to find any fault in Obama or any Democrat politico really. You're even blaming those greedy capitalist pigs though Obamacare restricts returns that insurance companies can keep. Thanks for revealing the real face of INGO's so-called "Libertarians."

Hey now, don't lump me into that crowd. I find just as much if not more fault with the Democrats. But you don't see much of that here because people aren't on here blatantly pushing the Democratic Party.

Exactly. That's why this BS of cutting hours and raising rate to accommodate Obamacare is just a load of BS. It shows what many employers really think about their greatest asset, their employees. Starbucks stands as a shining example of how to actually do things and treat their employees. The rest of these tools are going to get bit in the ass down the road for this type of behaviour.

Have you ever run your own business and employed people? Here's a clue for you: nobody downsizes to greatness. Ever. They downsize to survive. They cut hours to survive. Nobody working for Starbucks makes $50K per year serving coffee. And coffee shops have very little overhead compared to the revenue they bring in, when compared to a lot of other types of business. You really don't know what you're talking about here.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, hold on. It's not completely a load of BS. There's a limit to the extent even good companies can deal with government shenanigans before having to resort to employment cost cutting. When employee costs rise, they either must absorb that cost, raise the price, or cut cost of employment. Option 1 & 2 aren't always feasible. That often leaves option 3.

I have a good health care plan that doesn't cost me anything. But I strongly suspect that Obamacare will end it. But for all my employer has done so far to keep health care costs flat, I can't blame them when obamacare screws that up. That blame goes squarely on Obama, and everyone who played a part in passing ObamaCare, including the dolts who voted for him.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree. I've worked for companies who treat employees like ****, and I've rewarded them in kind by leaving at the first opportunity. I'm not implying that health care is an "entitlement" or that employers should be forced to provide it. I'm saying that it's in a company's best interest to find ways to treat employees well even in rough times.

My current employer has treated its employees well through both kinds of markets since I've been there. Job satisfaction is very important to me. To me, an employer who values its employees is in itself part of the compensation. Even in hard times, the bottom line doesn't mean companies HAVE to treat their employees like ****. Employers can treat their employees well without messing up the bottom line. But that usually takes effort and ingenuity and a regard for people. That's all I'm saying.

I agree with everything you just wrote :thumbsup:

Top Bottom