• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just in case you are attacked by a paint can, the CM9 can come in real handy. :):

0701131133a_0001_zps25aa60dc.jpg

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    Just found this thread and thought I would throw in my two cents

ive had a cm9 for 3 years. No malfunctions in ~500 rds. I would think about trading up to a 43 also but I will keep the cm9 because it is slightly smaller than the 43 and I occasionally pocket carry. If you never plan to picket carry I'd say go 43. If you might pocket carry keep the cm9 with confidence. It's a great gun with a good double action trigger.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Just found this thread and thought I would throw in my two cents

ive had a cm9 for 3 years. No malfunctions in ~500 rds. I would think about trading up to a 43 also but I will keep the cm9 because it is slightly smaller than the 43 and I occasionally pocket carry. If you never plan to picket carry I'd say go 43. If you might pocket carry keep the cm9 with confidence. It's a great gun with a good double action trigger.

3 years and only 500 rounds?! Get to :shoot:

:patriot:

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Some of the earlier CM9s had a problem with the bottom of the feed ramp impacting the front legs of the magazine follower, which occasionally caused the legs to break off. The followers are made of polymer. I would guess that this was fixed in later production models. The factory had to make a modification to the bottom of the feed ramp. YMMV

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Some of the earlier CM9s had a problem with the bottom of the feed ramp impacting the front legs of the magazine follower, which occasionally caused the legs to break off. The followers are made of polymer. I would guess that this was fixed in later production models. The factory had to make a modification to the bottom of the feed ramp. YMMV
    I hadn't heard of this problem. I have heard of feeding problems with some 7 round magazines, which Kahr will exchange, no questions asked. Do you own a Kahr?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    What about 8 rounders?
    No personal experience here with 7 or 8 round magazines (just 6 round), but it looks like there haven't been any problems with 6 round or 8 round magazines. It goes without saying that every new magazine should be tested. There is always the possibility that the bugs have been worked out of the 7 rounders. Internet gossip seems like it is never stopped, even after the problems have been rectified.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    How how do you like the talon grips on the cm? Is it a considerable improvement in your opinion?
    I think they are a huge improvement. Being one of the smallest 9mm handguns out there, they really don't have too much recoil. But I found it to be a little rough on the hands when shooting more than a few mags. With the Talon grips there is none of that, and I feel like I have a much better grip on the little pistol. They only cost $17.95 last time I checked. They come in a little envelope. I bought the second set before the second pistol arrived. I carry one every day for the last 2-3 years, and I have not needed to replace them yet.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    What pocket holster are you using?

I too am curious. I have a Galco pocket holster that I never use since it's a square cut / flat bottom and doesn't fit properly in any pocket of mine since they all sorta taper to one end. This results in the Kahr sitting at an angle which makes me look like an excited Lebowski.

No, I'm not excited to see you and yes, yes that is a gun in my pocket. :D

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Got a chance to shoot the CM9 over the weekend, 200 rounds of various 9mm with no issues. I was able to slingshot it with no issues either, overall i was really pleased with the gun and how it performed and it will now be my new pocket gun! I installed the talon rubberized grips and picked up a sticky holster for pocket carry, it's extremely comfortable and it doesn't print too much. Now i just need to pickup a magazine or two, loading 200 rounds into one six round mag was not fun lol. Anyone know where to get mags for a decent price? Thanks for all the help guys, greatly appreciated.

23ubukg.jpg
    This looks like a good deal: Kahr Arms Handguns products for sale

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Got a chance to shoot the CM9 over the weekend, 200 rounds of various 9mm with no issues. I was able to slingshot it with no issues either, overall i was really pleased with the gun and how it performed and it will now be my new pocket gun! I installed the talon rubberized grips and picked up a sticky holster for pocket carry, it's extremely comfortable and it doesn't print too much. Now i just need to pickup a magazine or two, loading 200 rounds into one six round mag was not fun lol. Anyone know where to get mags for a decent price? Thanks for all the help guys, greatly appreciated.

Awesome. Glad you ended up liking it!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

23ubukg.jpg

I bought all my Kahr mags from Midway USA. I have a 7 rounder I would like to get rid of.:): Seeing as how you plan to pocket carry, I assume you will pocket carry a spare mag or 2. I am extremely pleased with the little leather mag pouches from "sneaky pete." They are great. I have 2 that work for the CM9 or P938 and one for my P238. I always have one in my pocket.

Top Bottom