• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Glad I ran into those thread. My wife and I visited Point Blank in Carmel last night and had a nice conversation with Joe, who let her handle and dry fire all sorts of different pistols. She liked the Sig 9mm (can't remember the number) the best, but it's a $700 gun. She theneeds got the CW9 and like it just about as well. Joe then tells us that there's the CM9 and it's a bit smaller. I hope I can find one for her to shoot before buying.

It's nice to see so many positive reviews.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Nick- The CM9 and CW9 are nearly identical. CM9 is the compact 6rd version. The CW9 has a longer grip to hold 7rds. I've had both. The CM9 is easier for pocket carry, but only a 2-finger grip which bothers some people. The CW9 has a three finger grip which some prefer. Kahrs have a unique trigger system. If you like one, you'll like both.

These are popular carry guns because of their relatively low price and easy concealment. It won't be hard to find one to test fire- either renting at a range or via an INGO member. One additional item to be aware of. Kahrs have tight springs as part of their design. Some people have a hard time racking the slide. If your wife has that problem, it is a simple matter of technique to handle it.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Nick- The CM9 and CW9 are nearly identical. CM9 is the compact 6rd version. The CW9 has a longer grip to hold 7rds. I've had both. The CM9 is easier for pocket carry, but only a 2-finger grip which bothers some people. The CW9 has a three finger grip which some prefer. Kahrs have a unique trigger system. If you like one, you'll like both.

These are popular carry guns because of their relatively low price and easy concealment. It won't be hard to find one to test fire- either renting at a range or via an INGO member. One additional item to be aware of. Kahrs have tight springs as part of their design. Some people have a hard time racking the slide. If your wife has that problem, it is a simple matter of technique to handle it.

Thanks for the reply! Our guy Joe was carrying a CM and he held it against the CW for us to see the size difference. With it going in a purse, definitely want the CM. Its funny you mention the slide... out of all the 9mm she tried on, she could rack and release the slide lock best on the Kahr. She really struggled with the Shield and XDs. Too bad as I was hoping she'd want an XDs and I'd give her my 9mm and buy myself the new .40. ;)

I going to call some ranges periodically to see if they have the CM or CW to rent. Worst case, maybe try to find a used one for a good price. If it doesn't work out I can either try to sell for what I have it it, or just keep it knowing I only have maybe $300 in it. Never hurts to have another gun in the house. :)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Don't give up on trying before buying. If you can't find one to rent, it is easy to put out a request on INGO for a test drive. You can usually find someone to help you for the cost of ammo and you'll meet an INGOer in the process. Good luck in your hunt.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Don't give up on trying before buying. If you can't find one to rent, it is easy to put out a request on INGO for a test drive. You can usually find someone to help you for the cost of ammo and you'll meet an INGOer in the process. Good luck in your hunt.
    Good tips. I appreciate it.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Very reliable, good fit and finish. Easy to carry, 9mm power.
    OK accuracy, but VERY difficult to shoot for all but experienced shooters.
    I would recommend the CW9, as their is more gun to grab hold of.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Glad I ran into those thread. My wife and I visited Point Blank in Carmel last night and had a nice conversation with Joe, who let her handle and dry fire all sorts of different pistols. She liked the Sig 9mm (can't remember the number) the best, but it's a $700 gun. She theneeds got the CW9 and like it just about as well. Joe then tells us that there's the CM9 and it's a bit smaller. I hope I can find one for her to shoot before buying.

It's nice to see so many positive reviews.

Exact same thing happened to my wife. She liked the Sig but bought the CW9. She now things the CW9 is a little too large for her to carry so she wants the CM9. I have been looking for a decent price on a CM9. I have been carrying the CW9 some. It conceals nicely!

I don't know where you are located but I'd be willing to let you shoot the CW9.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    It's already been discussed some but working at a range I'll give you a report from what I've seen purchase wise in the small compact 9mm handguns.

Kahr triggers may be one of the more polarizing topics for people to discuss, me personally I think they are better than most in the fact they are smooth throughout and constant until break....reset is long IMO but honestly that isn't a terrible thing so long as someone practices.

When it boils down to the CM9 specifically someone said it best, if you liked the trigger on the CW you will think the same of the CM. The only thing you'll notice is the noticeable difference in recoil felt by the shooter due to the size difference and the lack of as much grip in contact with the hand. Kahrs don't get returned or traded back in much, which is a good thing. In the micro/tiny 9mm the Kahr is hard to beat for price, trigger and consistency it seems.

If she decides to not go the CM route and liked the CW9 I would also attempt to find a Bersa BP9CC to try. They are basically spitting size images of eachother but the trigger and reset on the Bersa is my favorite stock trigger out of ANY single stack 9mm out there. I searched long and hard for a single stack small 9mm before knowing instantly search was over with it (Shield and LC9S and CM9 were other finalists)

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Where from and how much? I think I'm seeing them run in the $350 range?

I actually bought it from a guy and I feel that I got an awesome deal. I got the gun, 2 mags, Crimson Trace laser and IWB holster for $325. It included all boxes and paperwork. The seller said it has about 300 rounds through it.

My initial thought was to sell the Crimson Trace but I have to say it is nice and my wife likes it. This will be her new carry gun.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I actually bought it from a guy and I feel that I got an awesome deal. I got the gun, 2 mags, Crimson Trace laser and IWB holster for $325. It included all boxes and paperwork. The seller said it has about 300 rounds through it.

My initial thought was to sell the Crimson Trace but I have to say it is nice and my wife likes it. This will be her new carry gun.
    You stole that one. I have the same set up and I love it. The Crimson Trace laser makes shooting in low light conditions a breeze.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    there are a lot of people that hold these in high reguard. kind of a long break in from what ive heard

They have a very long break and reset. The triggers are smooth. We have a CW9 too. My thought was that I was going to sell the CW9 because I wanted a Shield or something else with a better trigger. The CW carries so well though. I didn't want to get rid of a gun just because the trigger is different. I want to learn to shoot it better.

dman424

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    They are super reliable and have superb DAO triggers. The biggest con is Kahrs have a notoriously stiff slide. It would not make a good gun for women or first time CCW unless the person has strength to properly put the gun into battery.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    They are super reliable and have superb DAO triggers. The biggest con is Kahrs have a notoriously stiff slide. It would not make a good gun for women or first time CCW unless the person has strength to properly put the gun into battery.

It's funny you say that because the CW9 she got her paws on was much easier than the xds and shield.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    This is hands down the best carry Ive carried!!! and Ive ran the whole line up. Pocket carry this gun daily.

Top Bottom