Karzai: Afghanistan Will Back Pakistan Against U.S.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, if the US keeps up its policy of not so covert war against Pakistan, or ratchets things up, American soldiers could well have another enemy at their backs. An enemy that the US has armed and trained. It's past time for the government to pack up their toys and come home. We're certainly not making friends or influencing people.

Afghanistan to back Pakistan if wars with U.S.: Karzai - Yahoo! News

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Takeaway: Karzai is a snake in the grass lacking any semblence of loyalty or integrity who will say and do anything in front of a crowd to appease and please. Not so much unlike the current occupant of the Oval Office.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    WTH??? You mean to tell me that our foreign policy isn't making us friends even in countries we've occupied for 10 years? That can't be right. We should send more bombs we can't afford and bomb this guy until he decides to like us.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I'm gonna go ahead and disagree that we flattened the place. I' also going to say that Karzai realizes that the US will one day not be there. Pakistan will however always be a regional neighbor. It;s not unreasonable to think that as a statesman, Karzai sees the benefit in positive relations with his regional states.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I'm gonna go ahead and disagree that we flattened the place. I' also going to say that Karzai realizes that the US will one day not be there. Pakistan will however always be a regional neighbor. It;s not unreasonable to think that as a statesman, Karzai sees the benefit in positive relations with his regional states.

+1, it looks good to his people.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    NYFelon;2273430 I' also going to say that Karzai realizes that the US will one day not be there. Pakistan will however always be a regional neighbor. It;s not unreasonable to think that as a statesman said:
    The US has a decades old policy of abandoning allies and turning on those we once propped up.

Karzai would be a fool to think it won't end the same way this time around. I can't blame him for wanting to be neighborly with a country that will still be an influence on them for centuries to come.

In any event, the US occupation of Afganistan has been a massive and colossal failure. The failure to spread 'democracy' all the way to the massive increases in heroin production... it's long past time to leave.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well look at it this way... all we have to do is look at India and say "India, we unleash you!". India has been sour towards Pakistan for decades... they would revel at the chance to smash the source of their terrorism problems! On a side note...you mean to tell me our foreign policy isn't working??? LIES!!!! Conform, and drop more bombs!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Scoring political points, nothing more. A nation as small and weak as his knows to score points with the locals, but in the event that we actually went to war with Pakistan he'd be tripping over himself to pledge his nation to our cause :rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Well look at it this way... all we have to do is look at India and say "India, we unleash you!". India has been sour towards Pakistan for decades... they would revel at the chance to smash the source of their terrorism problems! On a side note...you mean to tell me our foreign policy isn't working??? LIES!!!! Conform, and drop more bombs!

And then China jumps in, and the worlds two most populated countries are at war (not too mention India is pincered). Not sure where Russian would stand, but i imagine the outcome wouldnt be too good for us or our allies.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Takeaway: Karzai is a snake in the grass lacking any semblence of loyalty or integrity who will say and do anything in front of a crowd to appease and please. Not so much unlike the current occupant of the Oval Office.

No honor among thieves.

I know a few here would like to think this speaks volume about America's foreign policy, but let's be honest: nothing is ever as cut and dried as it seems or as we would like it to be. I'd bet money Karzai's decision is not a philosophical one, but a practical one. And make no mistake, the two are no where near the same thing.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    No honor among thieves.

I know a few here would like to think this speaks volume about America's foreign policy, but let's be honest: nothing is ever as cut and dried as it seems or as we would like it to be. I'd bet money Karzai's decision is not a philosophical one, but a practical one. And make no mistake, the two are no where near the same thing.

Nothing could be more cut and dry that our foreign policy has failed again. I know it's hard to imagine that foreigns in your country killing your people would eventually get on your nerves, but hey it just those crazy people in the middle east again right. They should be happy that we've had control of their country longer than we did Germany after WWII. He just must not be a team player.

:rolleyes:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The US has a decades old policy of abandoning allies and turning on those we once propped up.

Karzai would be a fool to think it won't end the same way this time around. I can't blame him for wanting to be neighborly with a country that will still be an influence on them for centuries to come.

In any event, the US occupation of Afganistan has been a massive and colossal failure. The failure to spread 'democracy' all the way to the massive increases in heroin production... it's long past time to leave.
    Exactly!!
    I will add that we have influenced the area in a good way.
    Sure, the power mongers that be in their country won't change their way of doing business or even change their thinking but...a lot of people have seen a bit of freedom since our occupation. It's a seed planted and it will grow.
    We are dealing with a culture of predators and prey but once you've had that taste of freedom it's hard to live without.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    They've got a better chance at democracy than we do. (Sarcasm)

Not really, look at it from their point of view. We say we're this great democracy, but if you were on the outside looking in all you'd see is a government that continues to get elected to start wars, and bail out the people who just screwed the middle class. Why would you want that if you were a foreign country. If we got back to minding our own business and becoming prosperous again, then we'd be something that other countries would want to copy. Until then, we have the status quo.

Top Bottom