• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

whispers76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    A cc purse already takes a long time to draw, I'd hate to see someone ad the time of racking the slide. Another thought with kids, is she going to have a free hand to chamber a round or is she going to need that hand to control a child under stress?

EvilleT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Evansville
    That was a pretty good video. I agree with having one in the chamber and educating. I guess youd could ask a bad guy to wait while you chamber a round, but lets face it, bad guys dont fight fair. :)

Cottong2001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Down the road a piece...
    My wife is waiting for her CC permit to arrive. In the meantime she's been practicing. Plans to carry in the chamber with a belly holster. Did not like the purse carry since its off the body.

We also frequently let our little ones handle all the guns in the house. This helps satisfy curiosity and learn the rules of gun safety. They all shoot the SR22 (nothing larger yet as they are all pretty young). Still all guns are secured when not being used or carried.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've said before. The first gun I got, I kept it in condition 3...for 6 hours and then by the time I went to bed, I it had a round in the chamber and I wasn't bothered by. This was before I got my LTCH the next week.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    arg, Poll be closed. But I say do what you are most comfortable with and train for it. For me that is one in the tube.

Sidenote: I see it as every gun should be handled as being loaded if I keep one in tube then i'm re-enforcing those principles. If I get into a habit of unchambered it comes to "is it chambered or not?" ,if i assume its not because i never keep it chambered, I've just assumed and may cost a life or limb.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    OK I know for safety concerns about kids you worry about a chambered round, but if its on you than a chambered round is the only way to go. Most circumstances you will not have enough time to chamber a round before needing to fire one off at your enemy.

If you don't have the time to rack the slide, your handgun should already be at the low ready (at least). You won't have time to draw.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I'm all for keeping one in the chamber. Don't want to try to chamber one real fast when I really need the gun. The exception for that would be my 870 I keep at home. Tube full, chamber empty. Sidesaddle...also full.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    I always carry with one in the chamber. While I prefer no safety, I have been carrying my M&P SHIELD with the saftey on. Out of fear that if I accidently flipped the safety on. Atleast I will automatically train myself to flip it down when I draw, then assuming its off.

Good idea or bad? Really wish it had no safety to worry about.

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    Generally I would always want one in the chamber myself. Watching the video did two things for me. 1. Confirmed (for me) that chambered is the way to go 2. In the scenario of that video at that close range you better be able to handle yourself in a hand to hand combat situation

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    After watching this video, I will make sure to instruct my wife of the importance of have one in the pipe.
    I knew it would be a newbie that resurrected a 2 year old thread. I'm glad you know how to use the search tools. :D :welcome:

arg, Poll be closed.
    Cause it's a 2 year old thread!

If you are too nervous to carry one in the pipe, you probably shouldn't be carrying anyway.

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Carrying a revolver, chambered. Carrying a 1911, unchambered, learned to draw and rack slide in one motion many many moons ago as Uncle Sam didn't want me to carry chambered.

Top Bottom