• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I could care less about the fourteen rounds, five would be fine. What excites me is the prospect of a COMPACT shoulder fired home defense shotgun. I've always wanted an SBS for the home, but Indiana, in their wisdom, decided they are evil and us lower ranked citizens don't deserve them. I think this shotgun could fill the void. I won't be first in line, but I'm interested...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I could care less about the fourteen rounds, five would be fine. What excites me is the prospect of a COMPACT shoulder fired home defense shotgun. I've always wanted an SBS for the home, but Indiana, in their wisdom, decided they are evil and us lower ranked citizens don't deserve them. I think this shotgun could fill the void. I won't be first in line, but I'm interested...
    Exactly! That is a big selling point to me as well. I would love to have an SBS for HD, but if I can get a bull-pup that is reliable that would be even better. Longer barrel = less muzzle flash, and higher capacity.

Depending on the further execution and production numbers, I think Kel-tec hit the nail on the head with this one. I know there has been limited demand for the Neostead for a while, but ATF considered it a DD and banned it's importation. It's really good to see a domestic manufacturer making something similar.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I LIKE it!!!!:yesway::ar15:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA/VFW LIFE MEMBER

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Reminds me of the South African Neostead.

neostead.jpg

Oh, and that's nowhere near a "Saiga killer". It's not even a "Saiga annoyer". ;)

Did you happen to see it at Shot Show??

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    Hopefully this thing ends up working well. Who knows? If it gets popular enough, maybe aftermarket companies can start making parts for them (mostly certain things out of metal instead of composite so people wouldn't start worrying about durability and quality).

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The only problem is the side eject. Not lefty friendly or user friendly for clearing right hand corners.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Did you happen to see it at Shot Show??
    Were you talking about the Neostead he posted or the Kel-tec?

If you're talking about the former I can't answer that.

If it's the latter then no, because shot-show has not occurred yet this year and word about the new Kel-tec was just released a few days ago so it couldn't have been viewed at last years shot show.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Oh wow......now I know what to do with that old mossberg 500 I've been trying to think of something for. Never occurred to me to bullpup it.
    Unless I am mistaken the KSG is not a conventional pump shotgun with a bullpup stock, but a gun that was designed, from the word go, to be a bullpup. This should mean no sloppy trigger linkage. If so this gun has the opportunity to be something special!

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Were you talking about the Neostead he posted or the Kel-tec?

If you're talking about the former I can't answer that.

If it's the latter then no, because shot-show has not occurred yet this year and word about the new Kel-tec was just released a few days ago so it couldn't have been viewed at last years shot show.

The Kel Tec. I read Shooter521 was going and I thought it was this past weekend. :ugh:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The Kel Tec. I read Shooter521 was going and I thought it was this past weekend. :ugh:
    No problem... I just wanted to help answer your question in case shooter didn't make it back here.

I'm sure it'll be at shot show... Hopefully they'll let some people take it to the range and let loose with some ammo to 'run it through the ringer'.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I love these kel-tec novelties.

Keltec's response was that the XM193 I was shooting exceeded the parameters of the rifle (SU16), despite what the manual and barrel chamber indication said (5.56 NATO, not .223). At least, for the round count I reported to them...

I would be more apt to blame Keltec's DESIGN rather than the material. But the placement of the material in the rifle was exceeded by the usage. I did not abuse the rifle, did not rapid fire it. But the materials failed under normal condition. This isn't the first time. I had a PF9 crack on me (sent it back, sold it when it came back, I did purchase another one the other day) and had a P3AT polymer frame begin to stretch after 100 rounds (holes for the take down pin were elongated, the metal "reciever" could physically move front/back in the polymer frame). While I have had issues with some of their designs, I will still carry my PF9, but not going to put a ton of ammo through it, and nothing +P. :twocents:

I understand that many people have had a great deal more ammo and time through theirs. I am probably the VERY slim margin of failure their products have had. But I will not trust a high round count Keltec given my experience with them, or designs that have high recoil impulse.

Leash perfectly described the keltecs. Novelties.

These are NOT combat grade firearms and keltec has said in the past that their guns are only rated for 1,000 or 2,000 rounds depending on the model. Those posts are still on KTOG BTW.

I can't fathom how anyone could compare this to virtually any other shotgun. It's a toy/novelty. The Saiga-12 is a combat shotgun. Apples and oranges isn't even close. More like comparing a kiwi to a AK!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I want to dry fire one and see how that trigger feels. I'd be lying if I didn't say i was more than a little interested. In no way, shape, or form does this thing compare to a Saiga.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Oleg Volk (former owner of THR) took all the pictures of this for kel-tec, he and a few of his close friends apparently got to play with it a bit too. Over at his new forum, gunrightsmedia.com there is a thread about it. MSRP will come in around $700, avail after SHOT, bottom eject, designed as a bullpup form the ground up, can select any of 3 positions for feed options. Here is a link to the thread on his NEW site.Found some of Oleg's new pictures. Kel-Tec KSG - GunRightsMedia

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Oleg Volk (former owner of THR) took all the pictures of this for kel-tec, he and a few of his close friends apparently got to play with it a bit too. Over at his new forum, gunrightsmedia.com there is a thread about it. MSRP will come in around $700, avail after SHOT, bottom eject, designed as a bullpup form the ground up, can select any of 3 positions for feed options. Here is a link to the thread on his NEW site.Found some of Oleg's new pictures. Kel-Tec KSG - GunRightsMedia

Top Bottom