• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Is just me or if any other member doesn't agree with your point of view, they are also liars:dunno::dunno:
    It's not a matter of agreeing with my point of view or not. Did you see me trashing other people that felt this was poorly executed or didn't like Kel-tec's reputation yet actually contributed to this thread?

You contributed ZERO information or discussion and I told that if you didn't have anything to contribute then to just leave the thread alone. You then came back with concocted information to make Kel-tec and the KSG look less desirable, only that concocted post flopped on you and you were proven wrong in short order not only by myself but several other members. No Kel-tec rep at Shot show was telling people the MSRP was $880. So that makes one of two things, #1 Your cousin lied to you, or #2 You lied in your post. Which is it? I didn't call anybody a liar where it wasn't deserved and the proof is all over this thread and the rest of the internet.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Then your cousin in lying to you or you're lying. I'm sorry that your cousin stretches the truth, but you've had absolutely zero to add to this thread so far and yet you keep posting. If you don't like Kel-tec, and don't want one then why are you posting?

My guess is that you have an ulterior motive to trash Kel-tec and new products; that would explain your lies as well.

:rolleyes:

Here's a link to one of the videos of someone at the Keltec booth quoting an MSRP of $880;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAQ8KvuuOk4&feature=related"]YouTube - Kel-Tec KSG 15 Round Shotgun (7+7+1) Shot Show 2011[/ame]

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    It's not a matter of agreeing with my point of view or not. Did you see me trashing other people that felt this was poorly executed or didn't like Kel-tec's reputation yet actually contributed to this thread?

You contributed ZERO information or discussion and I told that if you didn't have anything to contribute then to just leave the thread alone. You then came back with concocted information to make Kel-tec and the KSG look less desirable, only that concocted post flopped on you and you were proven wrong in short order not only by myself but several other members. No Kel-tec rep at Shot show was telling people the MSRP was $880. So that makes one of two things, #1 Your cousin lied to you, or #2 You lied in your post. Which is it? I didn't call anybody a liar where it wasn't deserved and the proof is all over this thread and the rest of the internet.

How do you know what the KEL-TEC rep at the shot show said:dunno: Were you there :dunno:, I don't know what your malfunction is with me:dunno:, Grow up & accept that every member on this site have their own opinons, So you think thrashing me makes you a big man:rolleyes: Please try to control your temper

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    How do you know what the KEL-TEC rep at the shot show said:dunno: Were you there :dunno:, I don't know what your malfunction is with me:dunno:, Grow up & accept that every member on this site have their own opinons, So you think thrashing me makes you a big man:rolleyes: Please try to control your temper
    Wow, you sound just like my high-school neighbor talking... when faced with adversity all you can come up with is a shallow insult that isn't even applicable to the situation at hand... :laugh:

You still haven't addressed the fact of why you haven't yet contributed any useful information to this thread. Why is that? Is it because you have an agenda?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    :rolleyes:

Here's a link to one of the videos of someone at the Keltec booth quoting an MSRP of $880;
    Well, guess I was wrong. Let's face it, that guys is self-admittedly and engineer and likely doesn't know squat about the financial end of it. He was wrong, because nowhere have I found in writing that Kel-tec has pinned down an MSRP, and ever indication from every other person representing them has said MSRP will be LESS THAN $800. it still stands that gunman said it would cost everybody $880 when we all clearly know that actual retail price on firearms is much lower than MSRP.

Gunman, I do apologize for calling you a liar; as I now believe it is likely your cousin was told wrong.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Wow, you sound just like my high-school neighbor talking... when faced with adversity all you can come up with is a shallow insult that isn't even applicable to the situation at hand... :laugh:

You still haven't addressed the fact of why you haven't yet contributed any useful information to this thread. Why is that? Is it because you have an agenda?

I was going to explain to you what is RESPECT & HONOR is all about, but I think that is best left for your parents. You have bad-mouth me & my cousin, you have even given me "NEGATIVE REP". Since I'm here to help my fellow members on this site, I will not let upset me with your immature behavior:twocents:

Last edited:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Well, guess I was wrong. Let's face it, that guys is self-admittedly and engineer and likely doesn't know squat about the financial end of it. He was wrong, because nowhere have I found in writing that Kel-tec has pinned down an MSRP, and ever indication from every other person representing them has said MSRP will be LESS THAN $800. it still stands that gunman said it would cost everybody $880 when we all clearly know that actual retail price on firearms is much lower than MSRP.

Gunman, I do apologize for calling you a liar; as I now believe it is likely your cousin was told wrong.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

CountryBoy19, I didn't join this site to look for a fight with any members, I will respect E V E R Y members comments, positive or negative, we can all learn from each other. This is what makes AMERICA:patriot:great, F R E E D O M

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I haven't seen this much passion and anti-passion about a brand since - hmmmmm... Glock or HiPoint maybe?

Personally, I like their stuff. I had a pf9 that was great for what it is, and wish I didn't trade it. And still have the sub2000 that has held together and continues to be fun and reliable. I will get a SU16 if my favorite store can get them in.

Now this KSG, it's a neat idea. Clever, tidy, but unproven. And the price projected probably won't make me anticipate one. Never say never, but if the price is right...

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    personally, Im not a huge keltec fan but this looks sweet. wonder when itll hit the shelves near me.

oh and guys, lets knock off the arguing, no need to get this thread locked

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I know a lot of people seem to knock bullpups, and sometimes they don't make much sense. However, I really like the compactness of this weapon, the ammo capacity, and its flexibility to switch ammo types. I would probably love to have one. The only question for me would be potential reliability issues. I would think a pump-action design should be pretty straightforward though, even if it is a two-tube bullpup.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know a lot of people seem to knock bullpups, and sometimes they don't make much sense. However, I really like the compactness of this weapon, the ammo capacity, and its flexibility to switch ammo types. I would probably love to have one. The only question for me would be potential reliability issues. I would think a pump-action design should be pretty straightforward though, even if it is a two-tube bullpup.

If you want a bullpup, get an MSAR.

It's a proven design, it's quite refined and functions flawlessly. Mine has also proven to outshoot my heavy barrel AR15 with a target crown and match trigger.

15812g.jpg

No complaints about the trigger either, it's miles beyond most gun's triggers and feels brilliant. It's not quite a match trigger but it's very very close.
    Only downside to the gun is that it's beefy. Everything is over-built 10x over, but since it's balanced exactly at the grip so your strong hand supports it, you don't feel the weight.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    If you want a bullpup, get an MSAR.

It's a proven design, it's quite refined and functions flawlessly. Mine has also proven to outshoot my heavy barrel AR15 with a target crown and match trigger.

15812g.jpg

No complaints about the trigger either, it's miles beyond most gun's triggers and feels brilliant. It's not quite a match trigger but it's very very close.
    Only downside to the gun is that it's beefy. Everything is over-built 10x over, but since it's balanced exactly at the grip so your strong hand supports it, you don't feel the weight.
    And that shoots 12 ga? :dunno:

purduepurdy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Saiga Killer my %&@! I am done shooting half a drum in the time it takes to find the changeover switch buried inside that Kel-Tec. :ar15:They really should have looked into an autoloader. With the BATF scare in the S12 community we need a cheap American alternative.

000_0035.jpg

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I have an 870 w/extended mag... very nose heavy. I'd love to hold one with a full load
    to compare balance. I'm guessing by moving the tubes and action closer to the shoulder
    it would actually feel lighter than the Saiga with a 10 rnd tube.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Posted the following in another thread about the Kel Tec KSG. Just adding it here also...

Hey guys,

I work over at Midwest Gun Exchange and got the pleasure of shooting the Kel Tec KSG out at Kingsburry's range this week. It is a very easy gun to handle. The recoil seems to be a little less than a typical 12 gauge pump shotgun and also the muzzle climb isn't as bad. This is a very good candidate for a home defense shotgun. In short, I HIGHLY recommend the gun if your looking for a short combat style shot gun. It would be perfect for police work, self defense and home defense.

KSG Features to note:

1. Easier handling. Its a bullpup configuration, so the weight of the receiver is back at the rear towards your shoulder. It sits nice in your arms. BIG selling point for people with problems having enough upper body strength to manipulate a full size pump shotgun. I let my senior parents handle the gun and they were quite impressed. Being in their late 60s, they felt they were comfortable with it, could manipulate the controls easily.

2. Easy to pump. The unlock lever for the pump is right on the front of the trigger guard it is easily pressed down with your trigger finger. The gun pumps easy too. The one we had pumped easier than my Remington 870.

3. Slightly less muzzle climb than traditional shotgun. The bullpup configuration helps drive the recoil more into your shoulder and there is less muzzle climb as you shoot.

4. Lots of ammo. 14 Shots in two tubes that run underneath the barrel. There is a level which switches between which tube you use.

5. Picatinny Rails already on the gun for accessories. No need to replace forends.

I have a few short videos of us shooting the gun and I tried to get a few close ups of the underside ejection port in operation and also loading the gun. Nothing you probably have not seen in other videos. However, I'll look into getting those posted up in this thread. I'm Adam, if your in the shop I'd be glad to talk about the gun more if you have questions or are interested in getting one when they get into production.

Top Bottom