• ...and so much more!
  • KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    In 2007 I had stones and passed them.
    I'm not going into details for fear of losing my man card. Two years ago I was getting ready to go on a 10 day fishing trip to Northern Wisconsin, I had a lot of blood in my urine , had a cat scan and I also had a 6mm stone. Knowing what I was in for I canceled out. The good news is I wasn't in any pain. Three weeks later I had another c scan the stone was gone, doc said it either broke up and I passed it or it dissolved. I hope ops outcome will be the same. Good luck.
    !

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Yup, kidney stones are, for men, the equivalent of child birth. I've had a few and have never in my life felt such pain even compared to some major surgery. The pain was excruciating. Ouch!

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    When I was in the ER for my last kidney stone the nurse told me that women who have kidney stones and have had children say they would rather have child birth to a kidney stone. I passed the first one, but the last two have had to be "blown up" with a laser. A rather humbling procedure to have. I now keep a few of the meds from my last kidney stone so I can go to the ER in less pain.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Intercourse is more effective than flomax at helping pass stones.

I know HIPAA is a big privacy concern, but i forgot to tell you this before i discharged you. While the stone isn't huge, the scan also revealed the size of your penis and there is very little chance you're going to pass it. Sorry. Make sure you follow-up with the urologist. I think Riley would be most appropriate

:):

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just stay away from the Hot Chicks Fishing and Women with Guns threads for a while, or you might put a hole through the wall.
    I saw a guy one night who had a stone Lodge right at the end of his urethra. Said felt like he got shot in the Wang. Went to pee, it sprayed everywhere. Came in because there was a "clot" at the tip.

Ended up doing a block to numb him and used forceps to pull the stone out. Felt amazing for both of us

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I saw a guy one night who had a stone Lodge right at the end of his urethra. Said felt like he got shot in the Wang. Went to pee, it sprayed everywhere. Came in because there was a "clot" at the tip.

Ended up doing a block to numb him and used forceps to pull the stone out. Felt amazing for both of us
    Mods: this requires at LEAST a 3 day vacation. We did NOT need to hear this story. :faint:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've only had one so far. It started up front and it felt like gas so I just tried to sleep it off. It got worse and a co-worker recently having appendicitis was on my mind so I drove myself to the ER, and it was more towards the back by the time I got there.

I was feeling around my abdomen on the way there wondering if maybe a bullet came through my wall because I lived in Gary at the time. At the ER they got me in immediately.

IV Saline and an oral painkiller that did nothing. Eventually they did CT scans and gave me morphine, which didn't kick in right away.

I passed out for a bit and when I woke up the pain was gone but they had me pee in a bottle and it came out looking like red wine.

They never actually found any actual stone on the scan, just some ureter inflammation. They figured it had broken up and dispersed in my bladder at that point and then I probably pissed it out with the blood pee and sent me home shortly after. The doctor said the "Kidney stone boogie" (less funny at the time)I was doing on the bed was a pretty common sign of kidney stones along with the ureter inflammation. I peed again when I got home and it was clear and I haven't had anything like that again thus far.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Most kidney stones are formed by Oxalate and Calcium that combine in the urine in the kidneys. Oxalates are most found in plant based foods. Lists can be found online detailing oxalate levels in foods. Some plant based foods have very high levels of oxalate.

Dietary calcium is good for minimizing oxalate kidney stone formation. Dietary Calcium will combine with oxalate in the digestive tract and prevent absorption of oxalate.

My first bad experience with kidney stones happened one evening starting to walk my dog. Felt a pain putting on my shoes. Didn’t think much of it. By the end of the driveway, the pain had me limping back to the house. Called up my Mom because I thought the end was near and was telling her of where my money accounts were after I was gone. Had no idea of how a pain could happen out of nowhere like that. I have to laugh thinking back on that.

I have had a couple bouts with them since. The last involving 2 separate lithotripsy procedures, one for each kidney. Doctor labeled me a “stone producer”. Some of them, due to size, had no hope of passing the ureters should they have tried. He said they could wait for them or get them out before they got stuck.

The pain from them is not due to the size of the stones. The ureters will rhythmically contract flowing urine to the bladder. A stone attempting to pass, sometimes getting stuck, can trigger spasms of the ureters. The spasms are the pain. Some stones can look like miniature medieval weapons that won’t pass easily. From the bladder to the exit is not nearly as painful. Straining for them to be later analyzed can be a great help for the doctors to advise you of how to modify your diet.

None of my parents or grandparents had kidney stones, but my sister and I have had them.

I one time felt very bad after being assisted into the ER screaming and cussing. She said they experience one or two people a week so they know what people go through. I have had kidney stone pain put me down on the ground not able to do much, and within that pain, bouts of intense pain like I have not felt. All I could do was close my eyes and scream on the ground, unaware of my surroundings. Only way I can describe it is the claw of Satan reached up into me, clenched my insides and twisting and tearing them mercilessly.

One ER visit, I told the doctor that I had been prescribed Oxycontin for them. He told me that the pain I had, nothing oral could touch that. Knowing that, on following ER visits, writhing in pain, I just concentrated holding my arm out so they could get the morphine started.

My sympathy to all that experience them.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Mine felt like I was being kicked in the groin and stomach simultaneously. First one happened when I was in Texas visiting my wife's extended family. I thought it was appendicitis so we went to the ER, where they said the inability to sit still is a strong sign of kidney stones.

CT scan showed one one the journey (ended up getting to my bladder while still in the ER) and one waiting in the wings that they said "should be able to pass". That one made its appearance a couple weeks later. Had one more bout a couple years later but that's been it.

I don't know which pain was worse, the stones or the sheared piece of a lumbar disc that lodged against my spinal cord but I do know that I'd rather not go through either again.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A coworker was having "capacity" problems that caused him to make trips to "the little room" constantly. After multiple noninvasive scans, tests, etc. they finally cut him open; they pulled out a single kidney stone that was over 3" in diameter!!! It was so big it completely filled his bladder, so it appeared to be normal on the scans. He carried it around for several days in a large specimen cup showing it off but for some reason he said nobody wanted to sniff it.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    First 1 in 1982. Hosptalized for 1 day. No more until 2003. Then I produced them like a kidney stone machine. Up to 4 at a time. Hospitalized a couple times multiple procedures. Multiple stents for up to 10 days at a time ( those are really “fun” ). Stents either to block too large of a stone from trying to pass until procedure can be done or following procedure to make sure pieces ( “gravel” ) can pass thru. Eventually abnormal calcium level found thru blood test during annual physical led to tests which found a para thyroid tumor. That was the cause. Also sapped my body/bones of calcium. I now have osteoporosi and am a high risk of one fractures, especially hips. Take calcium supplements daily, receive a $2,000 injection twice per year.

I feel for anyone suffering from stones.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Intercourse is more effective than flomax at helping pass stones.

I know HIPAA is a big privacy concern, but i forgot to tell you this before i discharged you. While the stone isn't huge, the scan also revealed the size of your penis and there is very little chance you're going to pass it. Sorry. Make sure you follow-up with the urologist. I think Riley would be most appropriate

:):
    Well played, Doc, well played.

Are you serious about the intercourse thing? /raised eyebrow

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well played, Doc, well played.

Are you serious about the intercourse thing? /raised eyebrow
    I mean, it cant hurt? LOL

"Seriously honey, Im sorry you have a headache, but I really need to pass this kidney stone. Doc said it would help!"

Top Bottom