• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    After other chains in California made it policy to bar gun owners Starbucks stepped up and welcomed them. Good on Starbucks!

Via The Gun Rights Examiner (video at source)

The Brady Campaign is having a fit, trying to whip up a petition protest campaign against Starbucks to pressure the company into prohibiting open carry of firearms by non-"Only Ones" on its premises:
    The practice of packing heat in places like Starbucks is intimidating and could be potentially dangerous to our families and communities – and it must be stopped.
    Ah, here we go with "potential" again. Better lock us all in rubber rooms.

From ABC7 News, KGO-TV San Francisco:
    Read the rest and watch the video at the source.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    At 1:02 "This myth that these people are somehow superheroes. . . . . ." where the hell did she pull that out of?:poop: I quit wearing my cape and tights years/pounds ago:rockwoot:

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well good on Starbucks for allowing excersizing ones rights in their stores. I've OC'd in ours before, usually during hunting season, but I'm married to the manager!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    A good comment there - taught me something about the origins of "Packing Heat":

And on that note:
    "The practice of packing heat in places like Starbucks is intimidating and could be potentially dangerous to our families and communities – and it must be stopped."

I'm not sure when or how "heist", the german word for "hot", became a synonym for "steal". But it is and from that we have the usage of "hot" to describe stolen goods and "heater" to describe a gun used to steal said goods. Therefore, carrying a gun with the intent to steal became "packing heat". Since responsible, law abiding gun owners do not carry with the intent to commit larceny, they do not "pack heat". Ms. Brady and the "lame stream media" should leave that phrase with the old Jimmy Cagney and Edward G. Robinson gangster movies where it belongs.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Cars are potentially dangerous, stairways are potentially dangerous, showers and bathtubs are potentially dangerous, electricity is potentially dangerous, water is potentially dangerous.

Idiots are definately dangerous!

Heading to Starbucks to show them my thanks for realizing our rights.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Starbucks refusing to pander to gun grabbers

Over the past few months, more and more gun owners have been gathering at restaurants and coffee shops like Starbucks with guns strapped to their hips, intimidating fellow patrons.

Businesses can legally create policies to prohibit guns from being carried in their establishments -- and so far, Peet's Coffee & Tea and California Pizza Kitchen have heeded customer concerns and barred open carrying.

But Starbucks is refusing to prohibit the open carrying of firearms in its stores, despite protests from loyal customers.

The practice of packing heat in places like Starbucks is intimidating and could be potentially dangerous to our families and communities -- and it must be stopped at Starbucks.

It's everyone's right to be able to sit in a restaurant or coffee shop with their families without intimidation or fear of guns, either concealed or openly carried. Under the law, Starbucks has the right to adopt a gun-free policy, with an exception for uniformed police officers. Such a policy can easily be implemented in most cases by putting up signs at store entrances.

It is critical that we tell Starbucks to bar guns in its stores. These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law enforcement training.

Sign the petition and let Starbucks know that you want them to stand up for the safety of their customers and adopt a nationwide, gun-free policy in all Starbucks stores.
    http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/...guns/?rc=brady

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    You know Starbucks is a place you can work 20 hours a week and receive full health benefits?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom