• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    By the suggestion of about 10 Lafayette natives, we chose Riehle Plaza as the location for the counter rally. We don't always have to be so close to MDA, just as long as the public knows we're there. I doubt any of our group go up the bridge, never know though.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010

Completely awesome! Thank you so much for your support! With our combined efforts I am positive this will have a great outcome for the rally! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lafayette-2A-Defenders/288174957982982?fref=ts
    For those of you without facebook, you can read about the rally here.
    Topic: Lafayette rally (1/1) - Indiana Moms Against Gun Control - Indiana Moms Against Gun Control
    Again, Thanks Again Lafayett 2A Defenders and welcome to Ingo.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    We had some issues with obtaining a permit, so we have changed the location to the Tippecanoe County Courthouse. I have been in contact with the Sheriff's Department. I believe this location will work better for us because it is more public, and will help us get the word out. From comments we have been receiving from the forums, it seems Lafayette has not had a 2A rally. Lets get the word out and make this a big one. Our fliers will be updated by this evening.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    You can't yell "fire" in a crowded movie theater!:)

Um ok, not really sure what that has to do with gathering a group of people together to rally/protest. So you have to have permission to state your position on a topic? I also assume that there is a cost to this permit. "Free" speech my ass.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Can we gather enough people to cover the bridge? It would be a shame if they had nowhere to gather. We'd probably need a permit if we organized, but if everyone independently showed up and happened to just be there and stay for awhile, there's not much the law could do, is there?

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Can we gather enough people to cover the bridge? It would be a shame if they had nowhere to gather. We'd probably need a permit if we organized, but if everyone independently showed up and happened to just be there and stay for awhile, there's not much the law could do, is there?

when we had the counter protest in indy last week we got alot of negative press. not sure if we want that again

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    when we had the counter protest in indy last week we got alot of negative press. not sure if we want that again
    we do not want the negative press, we also will not give up because we have ruffled a few feathers.

Our founding fathers didn't give up, neither will we.

I personally have been downtown Indianapolis for 3 rallies. (I had to miss the last one). Every one of the 3 I have attended have been positive experiences. :dunno:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...very_hateful_comments_towards_gun_owners.html

You can also do an internet search for "demand action" intimidation.
    Thanks for that.

A member of Moms Demand Action said that she felt unsettled by their presence and said that the organizers would have to think twice before holding another event, particularly one where children could be present.
    So our presence will make them think twice about having another rally - negative press or not, that sounds like a win to me.

I'm not surprised they're unsettled, they are irrationally fearful of what they do not understand. I'm willing to bet if somebody neutral or pro-control asked that particular mom if she thought the gun could shoot her at any moment without human interaction she would probably say something along the lines of, 'Those things are dangerous! I am sure it could kill me!'

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    we do not want the negative press, we also will not give up because we have ruffled a few feathers.

Our founding fathers didn't give up, neither will we.

I personally have been downtown Indianapolis for 3 rallies. (I had to miss the last one). Every one of the 3 I have attended have been positive experiences. :dunno:

I not saying to give up, we just need to try to ensure we are viewed in a positive light. How? I dont know. I thought we did a pretty good last time until some one wanted to twist the facts.

Top Bottom