• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I frequently AIWB a PM9. I try to avoid re-holstering were possible. I put the gun in the holster, and then put the holster on the belt. When training at the range, I am, to quote a guy on the internet, "reluctant to re-holster." I make conscious and deliberate re-holstering a part of the training cycle. I have considered buying the Glock 43 but I am on the fence about AIWB with a Glock. The PM9 has a long trigger pull which gives me small margin of error while re-holstering. I have never actually had to use that margin of error so I'm not sure if I am worried over nothing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I have seen the appendix carry method used for 40 years in my weapons history. The only accident noted was a detective/officer in the 70’s who shoved a Smith & Wesson model 59 series 9mm into his pants appendix without a holster.

Only one guy has shot himself in the junk in front of Paul? Talk about a charmed life. We can do appendix junk shooting all day.

I can totally see Mr. Vickers point. No time to deal with such liability issues. Makes good business sense.

In faaaacccctttt, just this weekend someone was being all tactical and stuff and shot himself in the Little Captain Tactical: The Captain's Journal » Man Shoots Himself In The Groin With Pistol

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Only one guy has shot himself in the junk in front of Paul? Talk about a charmed life. We can do appendix junk shooting all day.

I can totally see Mr. Vickers point. No time to deal with such liability issues. Makes good business sense.

In faaaacccctttt, just this weekend someone was being all tactical and stuff and shot himself in the Little Captain Tactical: The Captain's Journal » Man Shoots Himself In The Groin With Pistol

Maybe I didn't read closely enough or follow some other link (I am reading from a phone), but where does it say he was using an appendix holster? I read the he "picked up the gun to put it away" somewhere, but the link didn't mention a holster. So are random junk shootings now cause to avoid appendix holsters even if a holster wasn't involved in the junk shooting act?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Maybe I didn't read closely enough or follow some other link (I am reading from a phone), but where does it say he was using an appendix holster? I read the he "picked up the gun to put it away" somewhere, but the link didn't mention a holster. So are random junk shootings now cause to avoid appendix holsters even if a holster wasn't involved in the junk shooting act?

Hush, you! Don't let facts (or the lack of them) get in the way of the narrative!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I'm trying to figure out what other method affords you the opportunity to shoot yourself in the junk? :dunno:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I carry appendix but I can see the safety issues. I must say that appendix carry is more comfortable and accessible to me but if you don't train enough it could be bad for you if you under stress draw and aren't aware of your finger placement.

I HAVE to try this. I can't even imagine how this could be comfortable while sitting. Perhaps I drink too much beer...

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I'm trying to figure out what other method affords you the opportunity to shoot yourself in the junk? :dunno:

Going solely by the article, it doesn't say anything about reholstering. It says he picked up the weapon to put it away, placed his finger on the trigger while pointing the gun in an unsafe direction and shot himself in the groin. (I paraphrased a little)

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy

I don't know. The link didn't provide enough information to have any idea what actually happened. How was he gripping the gun? Does he even own a holster? Did he pick it up by the slide and stick his pinky in the trigger guard with the muzzle toward his junk? Did he actually get in to a fight with his wife who shot him in the junk for cheating with the neighbor, then just TOLD the police it was an accident?

I can make up any number of possible scenarios. Wait until you hear my magic bullet quadrouple ricochet theory. The fact remains, the article mentioned nothing about a holster, let alone appendix carry.

I don't even care about appendix carry. Shoot your junk, dont shoot your junk... Its your junk. Just don't shoot my junk and we're cool.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My marksmanship isn't that good.

193ef2ed9c38c0c9e7ec45d04f6ab0b05c19a69219da42c0d3673e023c343a3a.jpg

Top Bottom