Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It's a Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum.....I have always thought of those as a "better gun" but then again I shop at Walmart and drive a 20+ year old truck with 163,000 miles....Point being, when it comes to class, taste and wealth I ain't got much of any....

Right there with you on the points you made. From your earlier comment I just thought you were making the point that your penis deserves a better gun. I must have misunderstood:)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The rest of the story goes like this: if my belly dunlapped over my belt, and is quickly gaining ground below my zipper, aiwb is probably not how I should carry. It's a perfectly safe mode of carry, as long as the operator of said system has all of the synapses firing, and doesn't have to take into account using the offhand to lift and tuck. I'm a self admitted fat kid, I've got more belly than butt, but in the last 20+ years of aiwb,(I know it wasn't invented until a few years back), I've managed not to shoot my junk, nor anyone else that didn't need shootin? Don't see the problem, nor the solution in banning it in a class?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I've managed not to shoot my junk, nor anyone else that didn't need shootin? Don't see the problem, nor the solution in banning it in a class?

In all the times you carry and practice on your own, how many times per day do you reholster your loaded gun? At what speed?

Compare that to re-holstering in class where there are a lot of things going on and other people might be waiting for you.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's a Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum.....I have always thought of those as a "better gun" but then again I shop at Walmart and drive a 20+ year old truck with 163,000 miles....Point being, when it comes to class, taste and wealth I ain't got much of any....

No, you're right. It's certainly a "better gun." Better than Taurus. Better than Charter Arms. Better than Iver Johnson.

Personally, I prefer a "best gun" in my revolvers, so I carry Rugers....

:D

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You must now suffer a loss of 5 Cool Points for your refusal to point your gun at your junk.

There once was a time,
    I thought I was cool,
    Carrying a loaded gun,
    Pointed at my favorite tool

Jeff Cooper said,
    "Don't be as fools,
    'Cause it's tough to
    be manly if you've
    shot off your jewels"

So to my hip my Smith went,
    Loaded with care..
    It sometimes prints
    But I really don't care...

I have accepted the fact,
    An operator I shall not be,
    No Tats nor shaved head,
    Just my Smith, jewels and me...

:)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm still wondering why AIWB carry is an either-or situation.

It's not....I have a friend that was undercover narco for Louisville and when he was working deep cover he carried AIWB......When he was not he moved it back on his rear hip....I think AIWB still has its place but that place is no longer against my appendix....This after 15 years of carrying AIWB...I did it (AIWB) to keep my weapon hidden better and now I don't worry about that as much as I used to...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    No, you're right. It's certainly a "better gun." Better than Taurus. Better than Charter Arms. Better than Iver Johnson.

Personally, I prefer a "best gun" in my revolvers, so I carry Rugers....

You kids and your Rugers.......:)

BTW...I just picked up a Police Service Six 4 inch 357 Magnum in Stainless.....For a clunky weapon made from MIM parts it ain't half bad....I will take it to the farm on days when I don't feel the need to carry one of my BETTER Smiths.......:)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's not....I have a friend that was undercover narco for Louisville and when he was working deep cover he carried AIWB......When he was not he moved it back on his rear hip....I think AIWB still has its place but that place is no longer against my appendix....This after 15 years of carrying AIWB...I did it (AIWB) to keep my weapon hidden better and now I don't worry about that as much as I used to...

I meant at the same time. Heh.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You kids and your Rugers.......:)

BTW...I just picked up a Police Service Six 4 inch 357 Magnum in Stainless.....For a clunky weapon made from MIM parts it ain't half bad....I will take it to the farm on days when I don't feel the need to carry one of my BETTER Smiths.......:)

As much as I like the Six series, they aren't the current standard of Ruger awesomeness. The Six guns were single action guns that could be fired double action if need be. I sold my Security Six after I picked up my GP100s, and haven't missed it yet. I think I'd cry if I lost my Wiley Clapp.

dibdee83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    indiana
    I carry appendix but I can see the safety issues. I must say that appendix carry is more comfortable and accessable to me but if you don't train enough it could be bad for you if you under stress draw and aren't aware of your finger placement.

Top Bottom