• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Does anyone know why law enforcers have taken a sudden interest in poker? It was all kicked off with Black Friday (the 3 biggies going dark) and now this. Did they just figure out a way do get some easy money or is this some sort of new in initiative? Are we fighting another war?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    if they can make money on it and get votes from doing it they will do it. if they could make money and get votes for legalizing prostitution or bestiality they would do all that too. our laws are not based on a moral code anymore, its all about the benjamins and our public servants ability to make them for themselves.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    As a proud member of LE, this makes me sick. Theft and fraud are the only words I can think of to describe this "crackdown." If gambling laws need to be enforced, then charge people with crimes. If someone is not charged with a crime, why the hell is their money being taken? When the only thing motivating LE to crack down on a certain activity is the potential monetary reward that goes along with the enforcement action, the law needs to be changed.

If the government legalizes any gambling, then it should all be legalized. As soon as lottery tickets started being sold, all gambling should have been taken out of the criminal law books.:twocents:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We can thank Mark Souder and his cronies for the anti-online poker laws and travesties such as this. He was a cosponsor of the legislation, along with many of his soccon buddies. That's why I have no faith in any repeal ever getting passed by the house.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    We can thank Mark Souder and his cronies for the anti-online poker laws and travesties such as this. He was a cosponsor of the legislation, along with many of his soccon buddies. That's why I have no faith in any repeal ever getting passed by the house.
    Uhhh.....
    I don't recall any move to repeal it when the Dumocrats were in power either. :n00b:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Uhhh.....
    I don't recall any move to repeal it when the Dumocrats were in power either. :n00b:
    There wasn't one. And there won't be one now that their buddies in the gop dominate the house, either. But the gop brought the monster to life. No-one was being hurt but lots of people were having fun. The gop couldn't stand that.

Top Bottom