• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I have a saiga ak in 223 and somebody wants to trade me for a wasr ak in 7.62...& hes giving some ammo {quite a bit}...kind of want to but dont know enough about them..is this is a good trade...why or why not

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I see you've asked no questions in your post asking to learn something...

So, what is it that you want to learn?

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Me personally, I'd hold on to the Saiga. I don't think there's anything wrong with a quality WASR, they are out there. I have one, and really like it. However, at the end of the day, when all that x39 ammo (that sweetened the deal) is expended, the Saiga is going to be better quality, and of a higher value. You could end up missing it when it's gone.

I'd fight the temptation and hold on to the Saiga. My $.02

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The value of the Saiga is dependent on some factors such as if it is already converted.

I think the fit, finish, and quality of the Saiga is higher, but if you're looking for an AK in 7.62 then make the trade. From what I've seen with prices, the WASR is still going for a bit higher than a 223 Saiga (especially if it is unconverted), and also is the WASR has ammo with. I see more of a personal preference here.

:twocents:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    i'd do it because no one is going to pay your rediclous asking price for an unconverted gun.

well atleast no one on here i'd hope..

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Would you trade a Cadillac for a Buick?

actially if I was driving the Cadillac I sure would....

but good point proven :facepalm:
    20757910003_large.jpg

1959_Buick_Electra_225_Riviera_Sedan_front.JPG

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    dont u mean ri·dic·u·lous? It would probably seem ridiculous that i traded a kel-tec for this though..buy an econ book and get back to me...

great job catching that spelling error, and No need to buy a book just to understand your ignorance :D

It's still over priced.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is a weird thread. Everyone, come to reality. Forget yesterday's prices and what they may or may not be tomorrow. It doesn't apply. And no one has a crystal ball.

Max, the Saiga, even unconverted, is regarded as a nice sporting rifle. Usually excellent fit and finish and accurate.

The WASR is not the prettiest of beasts and is basically the entry level AK-47.

I think this comes down to personal preference for both style and ammo type here. I'm not an aficionado as many on here with regard to the classes of AK's and Saiga's, but I know there is some good explanation and introductions to the Saiga which I've read here. PM VitaminK (https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/vitamink.html). He has always helped me a lot with detailed understanding as well as others.

From what I have seen, the WASR's are going for a higher amount at today's rates. Long term, i expect the 7.62 x 39mm ammo will stay cheaper to shoot than the 223 so that is a plus as well.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I'd trade an uncoverted Saiga for a WASR-10 in a second. You'll have serveral hundred dollars wrapped up in getting the Saiga to its true configuration, the WASR is ready to go right out of the box.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'd trade an uncoverted Saiga for a WASR-10 in a second. You'll have serveral hundred dollars wrapped up in getting the Saiga to its true configuration, the WASR is ready to go right out of the box.

you can buy a conversion kit for right around $200 that just depends on what kind of stock and pistol grip that you'd like.

the thing is i have a ton of guns but never shot or owned an ak..a book isnt going to help me ...especially if u ponder the fact that i traded a pot metal kel tec for this gun

if you traded a cheap junky gun for the saiga, then buy a conversion kit, convert it and keep the gun!:dunno:
    no one is in your shoes, do you shoot .223 or 7.62x39?
    how much is his ammo worth to you?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    thanks for the good advice and valuable info...this is what i was looking for...if u dont have your item priced right then the market will tell u...
    This is a weird thread. Everyone, come to reality. Forget yesterday's prices and what they may or may not be tomorrow. It doesn't apply. And no one has a crystal ball.

Max, the Saiga, even unconverted, is regarded as a nice sporting rifle. Usually excellent fit and finish and accurate.

The WASR is not the prettiest of beasts and is basically the entry level AK-47.

I think this comes down to personal preference for both style and ammo type here. I'm not an aficionado as many on here with regard to the classes of AK's and Saiga's, but I know there is some good explanation and introductions to the Saiga which I've read here. PM VitaminK (INGunOwners - View Profile: vitamink). He has always helped me a lot with detailed understanding as well as others.

From what I have seen, the WASR's are going for a higher amount at today's rates. Long term, i expect the 7.62 x 39mm ammo will stay cheaper to shoot than the 223 so that is a plus as well.

Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    The market is telling you that nearly 1000$ for a used unconverted Saiga in .223 is double what it is realistically worth even in the current market.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Seems like it may be getting a little heated in here. Please keep to the topic and no name calling and such...

:mods:

Top Bottom