• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I would assume that someone wanting to trade you a Wasr + a ton of ammo was selling you a problem gun. If we go back to pre hysteria prices that have been the same for years as a base and not use todays fluctuating hour by hour prices, Wasrs went for around $430.00 - $450.00 where as Saigas, except the 308 and S12 model, went for $250.00-$300-00. The appeal of the Saiga was that for $100 you could convert it and make a russian AK for less than the price of a Wasr. As far as ammo goes, you could buy 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 for $200.00 all day long. You don't mention how much ammo as you only say "a lot" so I'll guess he's offering 500rds ($100.00) plus his $430.00 Wasr for your $300.00 saiga.

Everyone who knows me knows i'm a fan of the saiga but i never got into the .223 as i considered it Epic fail to have all the worse features of 2 often compared guns AK vs AR. You get the crappy round of the Ar, and the Ergos and accuracy of the AK. That being said, i've still wanted one as there are some really cool conversion stuff you can do to the 223 AK to make it unique.

#1 spend 100.00 and convert it...they're pretty lame in their standard config.

#2 if you're gonna use a US round might as well use US drop free mags...(mag adapter)
    adapter1_zpsadcdafd4.jpg

There are a ton of parts for the Saiga to make something cool. I'd just keep it if it were me.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    ok, where do i get mag adapter
    I would assume that someone wanting to trade you a Wasr + a ton of ammo was selling you a problem gun. If we go back to pre hysteria prices that have been the same for years as a base and not use todays fluctuating hour by hour prices, Wasrs went for around $430.00 - $450.00 where as Saigas, except the 308 and S12 model, went for $250.00-$300-00. The appeal of the Saiga was that for $100 you could convert it and make a russian AK for less than the price of a Wasr. As far as ammo goes, you could buy 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 for $200.00 all day long. You don't mention how much ammo as you only say "a lot" so I'll guess he's offering 500rds ($100.00) plus his $430.00 Wasr for your $300.00 saiga.

Everyone who knows me knows i'm a fan of the saiga but i never got into the .223 as i considered it Epic fail to have all the worse features of 2 often compared guns AK vs AR. You get the crappy round of the Ar, and the Ergos and accuracy of the AK. That being said, i've still wanted one as there are some really cool conversion stuff you can do to the 223 AK to make it unique.

#1 spend 100.00 and convert it...they're pretty lame in their standard config.

#2 if you're gonna use a US round might as well use US drop free mags...(mag adapter)
    adapter1_zpsadcdafd4.jpg

There are a ton of parts for the Saiga to make something cool. I'd just keep it if it were me.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have to agree with Mr. "K", I have never seen much use for a .223 AK.
    It's not a "traditional" AK round. And another good point that that Mr. "K" mentioned is he could be trying to get rid of a problem rifle, this is one of the reasons I rarely trade firearms.
    Yes you can come out ahead by trading, but sooner or later you'll get burned.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    After the hysteria goes down and prices come back to normal, I plan to pickup a 223 Saiga and convert it to AK configuration. Plus use one of those Texas AK designs mag well adapter and get a bunch of cheap AR magazines. Then I can use all that cheap steel case 223 ammo that nobody wants to shoot in thier AR's.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom