• ...and so much more!
  • COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Bought a Weber Spirit in a stainless cabinet 15 years ago. Replaced all the guts 2 years ago and still performing.
    The frame, however is coated steel and that will rust. I do not move it around anymore as one wheel connection is failing.
    Read some good reviews on the Napoleon brand who are in direct competition with Weber.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    This will w/b my next one (Waiting for my Old Char-Broil to Rust out):

SIL has the Four-Burner version & it's Great!
    A Lot more options on the Griddle & Easier to Clean. IMO

Last edited:

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    This will w/b my next one (Waiting for my Old Char=Broil to Rust out):

SIL has the Four-Burner version & it's Great!
    A Lot more options on the Griddle & Easier to Clean. IMO
    Get the 4 burner version. The temp control will be worth it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have a Weber Genesis that is 20+ years old. Kept outdoors year round. Never had to rebuild anything. Always use a Weber kettle charcoal grill or a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker these days so I gave it to my daughter. She's been using it with no problems for about three years.
    This. ours is now 13 years old. Last summer I replaced the ignitor, flavor savers and grille surface. It's nice that the parts are available for years. Every cheaper grille we had would rust out in about 4-5 years and parts wouldn't be available unless you went random universal stuff that sorta worked, sorta sucked. We were spending $200-250 every 4-5 years, instead we spent $400 and will have it for another decade plus. Pay up front, save in the long run.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A $350 4-burner 36" Blackstone griddle from the Costco is what I suggest.

All the convenience and ease of propane plus the ability to cook just about anything that you could want on it.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I purchased a Weber Spirit grill 6 yrs ago, I haven't replaced any parts yet but I will need to replace the flavor bars soon. I like this grill mainly for two reasons, I don’t have to rely on briquettes nor propane, as I connected to natural gas.

Reactions: Leo

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I'd say in the $500 and under range, they don't build them like they used to unfortunately... I'm on a 4 year turn i think on my charbroil/nexgrill or whatever it is. 4 burner + side. Needs new burners, direct fits have proven not that easy to find for the model. did have to change an ignitor. Frame is janky compared to the last one i had. Everything gets thinner over time except me. Have a weber ketel i use once in a while, but wife does not prefer charcoal "taste". May jump to a weber next year if the current home depot special give up the goat.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I loved cooking on my Dad's Holland gas grill growing up, but since they don't make them anymore, I would go with a Victory gas grill. I love the stainless and the lifetime warranty.

I am a certified pellet head though, I love my Green Mountain pellet grills.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I got away from gas about 5 years ago. Burner covers rust out and then the so called stainless burners rusted out in 4 years and got expensive to replace. My grill was also a 4 burner stainless with side burner charbroil brand. Lil over $400 for it. I ended up putting a tray in the bottom to use charcoal. I finally scraped it last year. My daughter got me into the pitboss wood pellet smoker grulls. I wouldn't go back to gas or charcoal for anything.
    I have a 10 year old pitboss. Wouldn’t buy anything else. The parts that are exposed to the fire will give out and I found a parts replacement site that has stainless replacements for a few extra bucks. I use it more than the stove.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Another Weber Genesis happy customer here too..............10+ years old and still looks and operates like new .
    ( obviously not this years photo :) , but all the green is on the way )

But for the record , we do have a Traeger pellet , electric smoker grill on the way .
    Some friends of our has one and it puts out some tasty meals ......

ISp5hyywllk2vp1000000000.jpg

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I have a 10 year old pitboss. Wouldn’t buy anything else. The parts that are exposed to the fire will give out and I found a parts replacement site that has stainless replacements for a few extra bucks. I use it more than the stove.
    Ive bought a few really messed up smoker, brought them back to life and sold to make a few bucks. I haven't trued any of the stainless stuff for fear of it being "false" stainless. I have only rebuilt with pitboss parts. Alot from Amazon are actually stock parts of course made in China or Taiwan. When i did warranty on the austin xl, sportsman 1100 or the lil table top 150 grill..pitboss was pretty good at sending out the wrong parts, so i have a few important parts i can use later. Last month my ignitor melted down on the end, i talk to tech along with showing pics inside the fire pot. He sent me a new ignitor, firepot and rtd temp probe.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I got away from gas about 5 years ago. Burner covers rust out and then the so called stainless burners rusted out in 4 years and got expensive to replace. My grill was also a 4 burner stainless with side burner charbroil brand. Lil over $400 for it. I ended up putting a tray in the bottom to use charcoal. I finally scraped it last year. My daughter got me into the pitboss wood pellet smoker grulls. I wouldn't go back to gas or charcoal for anything.
    I think this is what we are getting ready to find out . Although our Weber has been great , the food we have eaten from the Traeger pellet smoker has been awesome ......( We have a Traeger on the way )

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    On my second Weber kettle in 35 years. I’ve replaced the charcoal and cooking grates a couple times, but that is all.

Will never return to gas or propane. Many people mention how fast gas grills are, but I just don’t see it. I can be up and running in just about 10 minutes, same time it takes to preheat a gas grill.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I think this is what we are getting ready to find out . Although our Weber has been great , the food we have eaten from the Traeger pellet smoker has been awesome ......( We have a Traeger on the way )
    I'd probably be using traeger since they are pretty much the same as pitboss, but the cost is the turnoff. The guy that started traeger has worked for pitboss for along time now..can't think of the parent company, so i just say pitboss.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Don't like gas grills at all. Use a weber kettle for steaks, burgers, etc. Have a Z Grill that gets the smoking duties. Currently loaded with four 8# pork butts and a Slab of ribs

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Ive bought a few really messed up smoker, brought them back to life and sold to make a few bucks. I haven't trued any of the stainless stuff for fear of it being "false" stainless. I have only rebuilt with pitboss parts. Alot from Amazon are actually stock parts of course made in China or Taiwan. When i did warranty on the austin xl, sportsman 1100 or the lil table top 150 grill..pitboss was pretty good at sending out the wrong parts, so i have a few important parts i can use later. Last month my ignitor melted down on the end, i talk to tech along with showing pics inside the fire pot. He sent me a new ignitor, firepot and rtd temp probe.
    If you want to check out another source for parts…

Top Bottom