• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would have to disagree. Obama is very much on the side of police and their abuse of powers and it took the Supreme Court to get them both in check:
    Obama administration asks Supreme Court to allow warrantless cellphone searches - The Washington Post

High court: Police need warrant to search cell phones - CNN.com

The FOP was also against this and so they no longer receives their $100 a year contribution.

You reckon he did this for local law enforcement or because he wanted case law on his side for on going federal surveillance programs?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Obama had plenty to say in the days after Michael Brown was shot, and even more after the grand jury refused to indict the officer. After these public servants were shot at point blank range, in the head execution style, what has he brought to the conversation? Anyone still believe his claims of wanting to unite us?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Obama had plenty to say in the days after Michael Brown was shot, and even more after the grand jury refused to indict the officer. After these public servants were shot at point blank range, in the head execution style, what has he brought to the conversation? Anyone still believe his claims of wanting to unite us?

Rhetorical question. Plenty of INGOers apparently...

:rolleyes:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Obama chose his side against local law enforcement back with the "beer summit" ridiculous butting into local issues where he could race bait.

Only fair he gets called on it when his rhetoric erodes public trust in law enforcement and the rule of law. Same for other politicians and celebrities.
    1. I've discovered in my own life that if you've never walked in my shoes, you really have no clue about why I feel the way I do.
    :facepalm:

So... correct me if I'm wrong on your process here......

The president, attorney general, missouri governor, new york mayor (lefties, the lot of them) have been running down the police and grand jury and the criminal justice system for months....
    Something terrible happens as a result of the environment of hatred that they created.....
    They are rightfully called to the carpet for their rhetoric of divisiveness.... and somehow..... the people calling them out are the cause of the problem and not promoting healing..........

And you wonder why that line of thinking is being laughed at and rejected by more and more people every day......

If you believe that the "environment of hate" is caused by folks with some experience about what it is like to grow up a black man in America talking about it then you haven't been paying attention. Their comments are acknowledging what their experience is. They are reacting to "the climate of hate" not causing it. They are trying to start the 'conversation' we've been avoiding.

There can be no healing while people are still sticking knives in the wound. Obama has shown himself to be racist-in-chief and brought other well known race-baiters like Al Sharpton (and I really cannot use the title Rev. with him) to the forefront. In true Obama style, the blame lies anywhere and everywhere else.
    Everythng was just fine when no one talked about what was going on? If all you see is the racist/scared cop, or the crazies calling for blood, or the crazy who's taken blood, you are the fringe railing against the fringe. I'll take yer Al Sharpton and raise you one Ted Nugent.

How does one "heal" with a troop of Jacobins cavorting up and down howling for more blood?

"The crazies will always be with us" paraphrasing Jesus. What about the rest of us?

So well known authority figures expressing an opinion doesn't help spread and mainstream an idea? Huh. Think of all the billions wasted on celebrity endorsement deals.
    Wait? What?! The idea the mayor, governor, Atty Gen'l, president, is spreading is a conversation about what's been going on for years. I suppose if you don't have that problem, it doesn't exist. And if folks with a clue deign (sp?) to talk about it they're fanning the flames? The keg's gonna explode whether you talk about it or not. See #1.

Obama is weak if he says/does nothing, and racist/fascist if he does. Ahhhhh, got it.

Rhetorical question. Plenty of INGOers apparently...

:rolleyes:

GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....................................!!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    How does one "heal" with a troop of Jacobins cavorting up and down howling for more blood?

Is a "Jacobin" the same as a "Jacobite" and do both wear kilts and tartan?

What's a "Jacobin" and is it something I should try to put on my birding life list?

Remember...Rhetoric only causes violence when Sarah Palin does it......

[video=youtube;c8pQxhsjO58]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pQxhsjO58[/video]

[video=youtube;7sFXe6JkVR8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sFXe6JkVR8[/video]

[video=youtube;Kgjyq3IcwW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjyq3IcwW8[/video]

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ............If you believe that the "environment of hate" is caused by folks with some experience about what it is like to grow up a black man in America talking about it then you haven't been paying attention. Their comments are acknowledging what their experience is. They are reacting to "the climate of hate" not causing it. They are trying to start the 'conversation' we've been avoiding......

If you believe that starting a 'conversation' means burning down neighborhoods and shooting cops in the head execution style while they are eating lunch in their car.................
    I don't think they are going to get the result and consideration they are looking for.
    Call me crazy.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    1. I've discovered in my own life that if you've never walked in my shoes, you really have no clue about why I feel the way I do.

If you believe that the "environment of hate" is caused by folks with some experience about what it is like to grow up a black man in America talking about it then you haven't been paying attention. Their comments are acknowledging what their experience is. They are reacting to "the climate of hate" not causing it. They are trying to start the 'conversation' we've been avoiding.

Everythng was just fine when no one talked about what was going on? If all you see is the racist/scared cop, or the crazies calling for blood, or the crazy who's taken blood, you are the fringe railing against the fringe. I'll take yer Al Sharpton and raise you one Ted Nugent.

"The crazies will always be with us" paraphrasing Jesus. What about the rest of us?

Wait? What?! The idea the mayor, governor, Atty Gen'l, president, is spreading is a conversation about what's been going on for years. I suppose if you don't have that problem, it doesn't exist. And if folks with a clue deign (sp?) to talk about it they're fanning the flames? The keg's gonna explode whether you talk about it or not. See #1.

Obama is weak if he says/does nothing, and racist/fascist if he does. Ahhhhh, got it.

GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....................................!!!

If invoking the name of Ted Nugent is all the better I could do supporting my claims I'd bail on this thread too. Playing the Nugent card on top of the Sharpton card is a losing hand.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Protesting at memorials and funerals is the lowest use of free speech possible. But hey its legal, so if you don't exercise your right you lose it, right?

Zero decorum, me first, if things don't go my way it's tyranny.

Yeah, but remember all the people protesting at Mike Brown's funeral in support of the police? Oh yeah... me either. :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

After his 1st year in office we saw him expanding the rift between both racial and class.........He is a putz.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    1. 50's blame the Commies
    2. 60's blame the hippies
    3. 70's blame disco
    4. 80's blame deficits
    5. 90's blame Canada
    6. early 2000's blame Bush/Palin/Cheney
    7. mid 2000's to 2020 blame Obama

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    After his 1st year in office we saw him expanding the rift between both racial and class.........He is a putz.

He presents a look on issues that is different than the great majority. America has never had to see the President do this. It's different and for some frightening, but only a reason for some to act upon the division they want. For those who desire unity, it doesn't matter what the President has to say on the matter and it never has.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do understand what you are both saying. I had hopes that from his big boy chair he could narrow the rift that is always present. When the riots started, he did little if anything to quell the anger. If I had a son was another really good one. He is either clueless or there is purpose to his actions.
    I just want all this to end and stop feeding the media. I desire unity and it really does matter what POTUS has to say. He could be the healer but chooses not to be.

Top Bottom