• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I do understand what you are both saying. I had hopes that from his big boy chair he could narrow the rift that is always present. When the riots started, he did little if anything to quell the anger. If I had a son was another really good one. He is either clueless or there is purpose to his actions.
    I just want all this to end and stop feeding the media. I desire unity and it really does matter what POTUS has to say. He could be the healer but chooses not to be.

We all have a "big boy chair". Is it "clueless" for me to look at what is happening around me and to express my concern that my son could one day encounter the same? Like everything else, that was just another excuse for some to seek division. What was the reason for the division prior to President Obama coming on the scene?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    He presents a look on issues that is different than the great majority. America has never had to see the President do this. It's different and for some frightening, but only a reason for some to act upon the division they want. For those who desire unity, it doesn't matter what the President has to say on the matter and it never has.

For those who desire Unity, I beg to differ...it does matter what the President says, and always has. I think maybe what's being referred to is the opinion of some, including myself, that the President's statements on the subject never offer any concrete solutions, just generalities. And so, it's fair to opine that like many politicians, he's simply pandering to the inclination of some "groups" to engage in an unproductive group-orgy of feeling sorry for themselves, and as such, the Prez is not provoking anybody to "think great thoughts" about any subject, and possibly making "it" worse (the quotations are so that I can emulate your style of carefully obscuring what we're really talking about, since that seems to be a house requirement on INGO).

Bottom line, the Prez and First Lady are not improving anything, just pandering and likely hoping to benefit personally in terms of their image. It begins to look like the idea of "Unity" is just another dog-whistle buzzword for the political class, or a job-title for someone to make a living off of. The "People" interview, referenced in a different thread, appears to be a good example. Nothing concrete...just Bill Clinton-style "I feel your pain" stuff. You know - standard politician behavior, and therefore subject to standard politician criticism from us peasants.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    For those who desire Unity, I beg to differ...it does matter what the President says, and always has. I think maybe what's being referred to is the opinion of some, including myself, that the President's statements on the subject never offer any concrete solutions, just generalities. And so, it's fair to opine that like many politicians, he's simply pandering to the inclination of some "groups" to engage in an unproductive group-orgy of feeling sorry for themselves, and as such, the Prez is not provoking anybody to "think great thoughts" about any subject, and possibly making "it" worse (the quotations are so that I can emulate your style of carefully obscuring what we're really talking about, since that seems to be a house requirement on INGO).

Bottom line, the Prez and First Lady are not improving anything, just pandering and likely hoping to benefit personally in terms of their image. It begins to look like the idea of "Unity" is just another dog-whistle buzzword for the political class, or a job-title for someone to make a living off of. The "People" interview, referenced in a different thread, appears to be a good example. Nothing concrete...just Bill Clinton-style "I feel your pain" stuff. You know - standard politician behavior, and therefore subject to standard politician criticism from us peasants.

Cool. Merry Christmas to everyone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We all have a "big boy chair". Is it "clueless" for me to look at what is happening around me and to express my concern that my son could one day encounter the same? Like everything else, that was just another excuse for some to seek division. What was the reason for the division prior to President Obama coming on the scene?

I am not saying he started it "Q". I would hope you meant that in purple.
    I am saying his election was historic. His focus could have been one of healing this nation. Speaking to all sides in an attempt to get everyone on track. Instead it has been left leaning and a power grab. Chicago politics behind closed doors.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do know you are doing more than your part to open the eyes of those who are in your classes. I applaud and support this. POTUS has really done nothing but grab some photo ops and make some empty and aimed speeches. I had higher hopes for him.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I had higher hopes for him.

That little sentence speaks volumes and sums up my thoughts better than I could have expressed.

I remember the night he won the election; the first one; and I said to my wife "I really hope he's serious and that he's up for it." If the first was true, I don't think the second was.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Was he expressing concern for an imaginary son or was he saying it happened because of racism? Did his imaginary son die because he looked like him or because he physically attacked a guy with a gun?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Was he expressing concern for an imaginary son or was he saying it happened because of racism? Did his imaginary son die because he looked like him or because he physically attacked a guy with a gun?

Or maybe he was just trying to put himself in the position of a father who got "that phone call" late some night.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    This mess is manufactured. This mess is done on purpose by the left and the media. There mess is created for political reasons. What a sick political system this country has.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am not sure what the answer is for your questions. I just know that I've lived through eight years of people inventing reasons to call one of my favorite Presidents a racist and I didn't agree. Now I will live another eight years listening to people calling President Obama a racist and I don't agree. Ina few years we get to start the cycle over again.

The he question is, what are we doing as individuals to bring healing? If all we do is politicize everything and find reasons why we cannot positively effect our sphere of influence, things are destined to remain the same or get worse. We have to allow different points of view and stop demanding we all assimilate and become this imaginary place where everyone agrees.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Or maybe he was just trying to put himself in the position of a father who got "that phone call" late some night.

Then why does "look like me" matter? Can you not empathize as a father if your hypothetical son didn't look like the real person?

You can't empathize with an Asian family that lost a son? Of course you can. The only reason appearance enters is to play up race.

My first wife was black. If I had a son with her, maybe he'd look like Obama. Does that give me special empathy with him over Bush?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Then why does "look like me" matter? Can you not empathize as a father if your hypothetical son didn't look like the real person?

You can't empathize with an Asian family that lost a son? Of course you can. The only reason appearance enters is to play up race.

My first wife was black. If I had a son with her, maybe he'd look like Obama. Does that give me special empathy with him over Bush?

I just think it's possible that the resemblance struck a chord, that's all.

My wife used to work in the ER years ago and one night they brought in a small boy that had been accidentally shot with a .22 pellet gun in the eye and the pellet lodged in his brain. That little blond-haired boy looked like our son, and that was the beginning of the end of her career in the ER.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The reason Obama says things like this is to keep people focused on color rather than on real events affecting our liberty.

He has political strategists sitting in some back room figuring out the most effective talking points to put on the teleprompter. They are very good at their jobs.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just think it's possible that the resemblance struck a chord, that's all.

My wife used to work in the ER years ago and one night they brought in a small boy that had been accidentally shot with a .22 pellet gun in the eye and the pellet lodged in his brain. That little blond-haired boy looked like our son, and that was the beginning of the end of her career in the ER.

Hardest thing I have ever seen as a cop was a little black girl shot in the neck. Horrible experience. I'm tearing up right now with just this little reminder. I don't think her appearance is what got me.

Enough for me. Merry Christmas.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If you believe it's his rhetoric that's been eroding public trust in law enforcement. Especially in black neighborhoods, than you been living in a cave.
    The Liar-In-Chief's continuous anti-LEO rhetoric, beginning with the 'beer summit' incident (as noted) has absolutely contributed to the erosion of public trust in law enforcement. Further, the persistent :poop: spewing from his mouth has, without doubt, given 'justification' to the violent actions (rioting, looting, arson, murder) we've recently seen perpetrated by those stupid enough to give credibility to the most anti-American POTUS in history.

Further, he has not, nor will not, hold accountable any person who has committed these violent acts. Why? Because, he believes these actions are 'harsh but necessary' and further his agenda. His background and associations (Wright, Ayers, to name a but a couple) prove that, unequivocally.

ALL of this has been deemed 'acceptable' to the lefty-loon liberals so far. For these psychos, all this garbage has been 'necessary and justifiable' until Brinsley took it one step too far, and murdered 2 NYPD LEO's. With the Brinsley incident, they finally pushed things over the edge, starting an actual 'war' against law enforcement, and those who support law enforcement, the majority of citizens.

What is truly mind-numbing is that these self-professed 'intellectual' anti-law enforcement / anti-gun whackjobs chose to actually perpetrate a 'war' against those who train with and carry guns as a matter of profession and/or lifestyle. THESE are the folks the lefty-loon liberals want to engage in gun battles??? :nuts:

So, they've just realized they've put themselves in a precarious position with their incessant, violent actions, and are now calling to 'let the healing begin'? The ONLY reason these nuts would want to do that is so they have an opportunity to regroup, that's all. Just one more in a long line of lefty-loon liberal subversive tactics. No member of law enforcement, nor armed citizen, should fall for such an obvious ploy.

Want to really 'let the healing begin'? Then get out there, spread that message to their own 'side' and put a FULL STOP to the looters, rioters, and anti-law enforcement / anti-gun loons. WHEN that happens (doubful), only then should the law enforcement / law-abiding gun owner consider 'letting the healing begin'. Until that point, it's best to maintain high situational awareness and not drop their guard for one second.

JMO.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am not sure what the answer is for your questions. I just know that I've lived through eight years of people inventing reasons to call one of my favorite Presidents a racist and I didn't agree. Now I will live another eight years listening to people calling President Obama a racist and I don't agree. Ina few years we get to start the cycle over again.

The he question is, what are we doing as individuals to bring healing? If all we do is politicize everything and find reasons why we cannot positively effect our sphere of influence, things are destined to remain the same or get worse. We have to allow different points of view and stop demanding we all assimilate and become this imaginary place where everyone agrees.

Obama has been a terrible disappointment and will go down in history (if there's truth left in history) as a terrible president. Such a shame, such a wasted opportunity to be a uniter and a healer but instead he's an ideologue, demagogue, and a divider. I didn't vote for him either time but I wanted his to be a great presidency. Instead...

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Obama has been a terrible disappointment and will go down in history (if there's truth left in history) as a terrible president.

You might be right about that, I don't know. But what I suspect, and what I fear, is that our culture and our political process has evolved into one where it's inevitable that about half of the people are going to think that very same thing about the next (at least) several, no matter who they are or what their qualifications, gender, race, or character be.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I think part of my own personal cynicism on this issue, is related to Bill and Hillary Clinton, whom I believe to be two of the most ruthless and self-serving politicians we've ever seen. They came into office in 1993 with Bill making, what, 32k a year as Governor of Arkansas or something like that? The press made a big deal about how they were forced to live in the Governor's mansion because they didn't even own their own house at the time...made them sound like paupers. Fast forward to today. They are bazillionaires as a result of their first 8 years at the public trough, and are getting ready to belly up to the table for 8 more. A lot of that loot was generated in the form of speaker's fees. In fact, it's a level bet that the whole reason Hillary hasn't announced her candidacy yet, is because she wants to be able to keep collecting those speaking fees as personal wealth right up until the time she announces, and not have it look like campaign contributions from fawning interests who want something from her.

It would not be fair to judge Barack and Michelle Obama in relation to the Clintons. I think the Obamas are mainly nice but misguided people with wacky, destructive ideas, whereas the Clintons have a shade of evil in them. But I also have to be realistic, in that the wealth the Clintons have amassed since they left office is surely not lost on the Obamas. They still enjoy 80% approval among black folks, even despite the fact many of them have seen their economic fortunes decrease during the Obama years like many of the rest of us. Why do we continue to get this (what I consider to be) pandering PR from the Obamas on these racial police issues? Are they playing to somebody's special world-view? Are they setting themselves up to receive a lifetime of speaking fees from the SCLC, Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, etc., etc., etc. on the "role of race in America," with their credentials burnished and given extra credibility because they were the first Black couple in the White House?

As I said, it's unfair to assume the Obamas are just like the Clintons. But, I'm a cynical bastard with regard to pretty much all politics now. To me, this is very much about people profiting from public life, and how the potential of that profit affects the decisions they make to do good - or ill - while they're in that office.

I hope I'm wrong about this. But I seriously doubt it. It's fashionable to eulogize the Obama Presidency as a "Squandered Opportunity" with regard to race relations. But...maybe we're just not looking at the "opportunity" the same way they are?

All right, the pie is calling my name...good night and Merry Christmas everybody (even you Obama and future Clinton voters)!

Last edited:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Que, I'm out, GERONIMOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......lol.....thanks for taking over....it was getting lonely out there. See you on the ground....or Union Jack whichever comes first.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Uh, I never called him that. It would defeat the argument. I understand but I have been let down. Maybe I set the bar to high for him "Q". I told the wife when he was sworn in that the opportunity to be one of the most influential POTUS was right there to be taken. He went in a totally political direction. One that from my point of view (just mine and mine alone) has further divided this country. He has used that influence to bury and attack.

Top Bottom