• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    after trusting my life to a M9 Beretta 92FS while serving as a machinegunner in the Corps, i wouldnt want anything else now that im back in 1st CivDIV. i was issued a unit that had been around for a LONG time and was not a pretty piece, but i put thousands and thousands of rounds thru it in training and on combat deployments during OIF and never once did it fail me.

rb7152

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    N.W. Indpls
    If my life was on the line I would grab my Beretta 92 FS over my Glocks and Springfield 1911. It works everytime. Can't say that about any other gun I have ever owned.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I have two, I used to have a 92 but it was a little big.
    Now I have the PX4 in full and compact.
    Picture104.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I carried a 92FS in the service, and I also own one. The 92 is a solid gun, but it's a strictly a range gun for me. It's a little big for my taste, in terms of carry.

005.jpg

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I love my 92G. I've fired alot of M9's in my 18 years of service to the US Army and I've never had a problem with one. Beretta makes some of the finest weapons you'll ever hold in your hand. People today love to say the name "Glock" and brag about those plastic firearms. I've never felt the urge to buy one and I've shot plenty. There was a time though when the Beretta 92 Ruled! Back in the 80's it was in every movie and nearly every police car. Ahh the good ol' days!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    model 96 question

For those who have or had model 96 (40 cal);

I have never gotten the chance to shoot a .40 Beretta full sized pistol. People say they are hard recoiling. Is that in comparison to other .40 handguns, or in comparison to 9mm Berettas? Even in the 1911 frame, the full load .40 has a pretty significant snap on recoil. not brutal or uncontrollable, just noticable. I really like my 92, maybe a 96 could find it's way into my holster.

Thanks for the info

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

I have never gotten the chance to shoot a .40 Beretta full sized pistol. People say they are hard recoiling. Is that in comparison to other .40 handguns, or in comparison to 9mm Berettas? Even in the 1911 frame, the full load .40 has a pretty significant snap on recoil. not brutal or uncontrollable, just noticable. I really like my 92, maybe a 96 could find it's way into my holster.

Thanks for the info

I have not shot a 96. However, I assume it woud be snappy like other .40 platforms.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

Thanks for the info

Yes, compared to the 92 series, the 96 does have much more snap to it's recoil. The 9mm in such a large semi-auto, with a nice sized recoil spring, good heavy slide and just the mild 9mm itself lends the 92 being such a soft shooter.

The .40S&W in other firearms is also a handful. I know that the Kahr PM9 is a very nice shooter, but the PM40 is a handful with a good kick to it, yet the .45ACP PM45 is actually softer than the .40!!!

I would try the Beretta 96 before giving up on it as being too much because it is still a great pistol, just not as popular as it's smaller round brother.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Thanks Indykid, That is what I was thinking, the snappy recoil is not the fault of the Beretta it is just the characteristic of the caliber.

zigzag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    PX4-Storm-Sub-Compact-7.jpg

This is my daily carrier and i love this gun. Im new to shooting and this gun has never misfired or jammed( i have shot over 1000 rounds through it). Its ver compact and easy to carry. The action on it is so smooth and has a flared barrel which IMO really adds to the "Bang" when i shoot

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My wife's full sized PX4 in 9mm has a rotating barrel the really reduces the recoil to about .22 feel. A fun gun to shoot when she let's me. Funny how the CZ SP-01 is "our" gun and the PX4 is "her" gun. Anyone else get that from their SO?

She let's me shoot my CX4 too. Now that is a blast to shoot!

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    92F....still waiting for the slide to come back and hit me in the face.
    3032 Tomcat. Carry weapon.
    .22LR Bobcat. Carry around on the property for snakes, and for o'possums or coons that decide to come around the house in the middle of the night.

Want to have a PX4 Compact in 9mm as soon as someone can sell a new one at $450 and hope to get a CX4 storm one day.

I would try other guns but the Moto Guzzi, Sidi, Nolan and other stuff might get upset!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The 9000S is one of the most under-rated of all modern Berettas. It was designed by someone who is well know for designing some of the most fantastic cars ever to come out of Italy, but too much went into the looks and not enough into the grip ergo. Personally it is one of my go-to pistols, and I spent most of the first part of this week with one firmly attached to my soul.

And yes, my dear Kahr was there in my pocket as well, as it almost always is. ;)

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I have not shot a 96. However, I assume it woud be snappy like other .40 platforms.

I have the Beretta 96 Inox and I have to say it is not as snappy as other 40s I have shot. Maybe it is because the 96 is heavy and it fits my hand so well. I will say my 11 year old son loves to shoot it and does not complain about the recoil at all.

Top Bottom