• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My first handgun was a Beretta 92 FS. Bought it around 20 yrs ago. Carried it through many security gigs. Fun to shoot. Can handle VERY hot rounds with no ill effects. Have probably shot several thousand rounds out of it:ar15: Still use the original magazines (early aftermarket one were junk). About the only downside to carrying it as a civilian is its weight. Near impossible to carry concealed. Need a strong belt and good holster to carry open. Still take it to the range every time I go.:cool:

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have both the Beretta 92 and 96. The 96 has more recoil that the 92, but it is definitely not an issue. The weight and size of the 96 make the recoil a fun thing, not a problem.

BTW, I would never sell either of these very fine arms.

Terry

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

If only the safety was a little more user friendly. I like the way that gun looks and feels in the hand and on those two counts would buy one over the PX4 series, but the safety felt very stiff and awkward to reach for me.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Yes folks I was blowing you crap...... edited with purple text. :): :mallninja:

My 92fs was the first gun I bought and still my favorite. Rarely talked about or even carryed anymore, but never misses a trip to the range. At around 4000 Rnds it shoots like a new gun. I was jokeing around with a freind that I shoot with alot the other day, I told him if he ever saw me pull out that beretta he mite aswell just tuck his head and stay down. He agreed. ;)
    302c291.jpg

Last edited:

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    First handgun was a 229R .40. Bought it lightly used. Put 3500+ rounds through it and sold for what I paid for it. They hold their value well. It was realible and quite accurate. Just heavy, carried it for about 2 yrs and once I carried something lighter I never went back. I might have to get another one day...but without the "R"

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I've been using 92's in competition since 2001, and an EII since 2005. I used it to come in 3rd in stock-service in idpa nationals in 2007, and made master w/ it in uspsa w/ a few small trophies along the way. People are always suprised to see a beretta in the matches.

Ben Stoeger used a 92G Elite II to win the uspsa production nationals this year. I -think- that's the first a beretta has been the gun used by a uspsa champ (not sure though). Ernest Langdon won idpa nationals w/ a 92 in the early '00s.

Unfortunately, I'm shopping around for a new production pistol, and will probably give a glock 34 a try. My EII has 7 seasons on it, and probably 60-70k rounds (would have been more, but I shot my STI open 2011 primarily a couple of those seasons). It could go another season or two, but I don't want to grenade it like I did my old 92FS practice gun (at ~120k rounds; more). Beretta's out of the competition market. I was shocked to see them sponsor a stage at nationals this year, I don't think they've sponsored anything for many years. They no longer make the elite models, and a regular FS is too too much of a disadvantage.

Unfortunately the 92 platform's reputation has been plagued by the problems it had during it's initial production, much like the AR. And the world wants plastic now. I have no experience w/ any other beretta pistol models.

The original 92G Elite was the first firearm I owned.
    I've got one each of the Elite models. My FS is no longer shoot-able, and I've got the factory .22 conversion (which I'll probably sell soon). I would like to get a new FS just to have on hand....
    Here's my Elite 1A...
    -rvb

fungun002gv4.jpg

himant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    love my 92f,,just picked up a px4 storm but havent got to the range to try it yet,, kind of a small little thing ??? hope its OK

Top Bottom