• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I haven't had much experience with one but my brother has a Draco, Century Arms made. I think it is the 12.5" version. It is fairly accurate and is a pretty fun gun at the range. I've been thinking about the 7.75" Draco for a future SBR.

All of the Century ones I've seen are Romanian AKs. My brother's Draco has been 100% reliable so far and we're going to be taking it out with his drum magazine to put it to a little bit of a test. The drum and all magazines fit nicely, fit and finish of the gun is as expected for a Romanian AK.

Bottom is what I want for an SBR.

dracominiv.jpg

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I haven't had much experience with one but my brother has a Draco, Century Arms made. I think it is the 12.5" version. It is fairly accurate and is a pretty fun gun at the range. I've been thinking about the 7.75" Draco for a future SBR.

All of the Century ones I've seen are Romanian AKs. My brother's Draco has been 100% reliable so far and we're going to be taking it out with his drum magazine to put it to a little bit of a test. The drum and all magazines fit nicely, fit and finish of the gun is as expected for a Romanian AK.

Bottom is what I want for an SBR.

dracominiv.jpg
    So you want one of the micros?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think one of the Micros in 7.62x39 would not really be that enjoyable. However, if I could get one in 5.45. That might be interesting...

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I think one of the Micros in 7.62x39 would not really be that enjoyable. However, if I could get one in 5.45. That might be interesting...
    The 5.45 version would be a butt kicker. The benefits are the ammo is dirt cheap, slide fire stocks are out for it (or coming out). For those of us never graced with the pleasure of having a full auto wepon, the slide fire sure gets you close.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yep, I want the micro. As far as Century stuff, everyone has heard to stay away from it but I've got a few Century rifles. While they do have a reputation and they deserved it for quite awhile, they kind of go in waves as far as quality. I honestly don't have any issues buying something marked CAI if I've done my homework and know what to look for prior to buying.

As far as I know, Century just imports the Dracos.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Yeah, I don't think I would care for the mini's either....but the other's are fun....a forward grip is a little more comfortable (for me) and helps me with stability for actually aiming......look on you tube for videos of guys "aiming" with one and busting themselves in the face...lol...pretty funny, just don't be that guy.....my wife wants one bad....I was making fun of her after she said she'd carry it..."In what a drop leg? it's bigger than your leg!" lol ....................as far as century stuff, I haven't found any proof behind their bad rep.....maybe if you really want to nitpick, but it's an AK...as long as it goes boom who cares about other little "issues" IMO....it's made cheap and designed to take a beating.....too many people try to make jewels out of a lump of coal

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

That would be nice. Only seen them in 7.62x39 and .223. Have read about them in .22lr too but that wouldn't be much fun.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Not to mention where can one lay hands on one?!
    And How much do they typically run?!

My brother got his at Midwest in Mishawaka when they had them on sale for $399 or $419, can't remember. I know you can lay your hands on it but Classicarms has them from $429.99 unless you want hard chrome, they're out of stock but they run $529.99.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Bradis DID have some before Xmas.....$450....I haven't really shopped them out but I can't find them online cheaper than that, which is HIGHLY unusual that a local shop is cheaper than web.....you might also talk to Indy Tactical Supply in Mooresville.....he doesn't have any on hand, but I'd almost guarantee he will order you one cheaper than whatever Bradis' or anyone's price is...he just doesn't have a big selection

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    My brother got his at Midwest in Mishawaka when they had them on sale for $399 or $419, can't remember. I know you can lay your hands on it but Classicarms has them from $429.99 unless you want hard chrome, they're out of stock but they run $529.99.

those are good prices....even online auctions they run up to $450 so after shipping and transfer you're even higher

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I have both versions. They both have been 100% reliable. That being said the Draco has about 250 down the pipe and the mini about 200. My intentions are to sbr the mini. I hoped to have it started by now but some other things came up.

Top Bottom