• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I have to agree about starting small. When we teach pistol classes we will start new shooters with a .22 and then (if they brought one) their own handgun. We offer them the opportunity to shoot larger calibers but don't pressure them about it.

A lot of ladies will initially say they don't want to shoot any large calibers. I never push them on it but most will eventually ask to try. It's a lot of fun to see the grins on their faces when they succeed - just like the grin the brunette had after shooting the shotgun. :)

I think the brunette is a convert, at least I hope so.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    The first gun my wife ever fired was my .45 and she's 5'2" and ~120 lbs. It's her favorite caliber to shoot. Though I do agree the 12 gauge might have been too much for them the first time. Took my wife a few times out before she would try the 12 gauge, now she loves it. However, she can only shoot a handful of shells out of it before her arm says quit.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I would have started with a .22 handgun and a 20 gauge shotgun. That's one of the reasons why I bought me Heritage .22 LR SAA pistol. It's a hoot to shoot and newbies love it because they can pretend to be cowboys.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Yeah, the 870 was kind of a dick move. If you want them to enjoy the feeling of cocking a shotgun, which certainly is incredibly pleasing, maybe a .410 would have been more appropriate.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    See, the thing is that there are LOTS of liberals who already ARE gun enthusiasts and DON'T want more gun control. Fact is that if they did, we'd be without this right already. Yeah, name calling helps too... I know about one Right-Wingnut for every Lefty-Loon acquaintance I have.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Would be nice if those liberals had some influence on the Democrat party to stop all of those anti-gun laws they are promulgating or even remove the anti-gun provisions of their party platform.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Not the best choices for guns for a first timer, but wow, some of them had fun!

No one is going to try to convince them that gun violence is 'good'. We all agree that 'gun violence' is bad. But protecting yourself from someone trying to harm you with a gun, or just going to the range and putting a few (or a ton) of holes in paper... hopefully they can see now see that is alright.

Only other thing I'd have done aside from change the guns they were shooting is maybe use a standard, non-silhouette target. I'm surprised they didn't comment about the fact they were shooting a target that was representative of a human.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Would be nice if those liberals had some influence on the Democrat party to stop all of those anti-gun laws they are promulgating or even remove the anti-gun provisions of their party platform.

The point is that they are doing just that. When funding disappears for their election coffers, they ask "why?" Answer is: Because You said this wouldn't be an issue, so stuffit.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thinking the same and he no doubt wears panty's. He is a little pansy. Nothing says liberal puke like a woman hurling the f bomb around for casual conversation. Hate that from a woman.
    They would make a perfect liberal couple. She won't need to get a bigger purse to carry his junk around in.

Top Bottom