• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I remember a story about a liberal feminist chick who went shooting for the first time. She said afterwards she had been searching for power most of her life, and now she knew she had finally found it. She could stand on her own and defend herself without the need for anyone to come to her rescue.

Now that is a changed mind.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    "It was so much work, after one shot, I felt I needed a nap." LOL!! "It was so badass, cocking the shotgun." LOL!! At least one of them was being honest abut how they felt, the others seemed to enjoy it, but not fully understand why they enjoyed it. Then dismissing that enjoyment.

The gun is not The Power, The Power is within. For some though the gun brings The Inner Power out.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I bet they would have been a lot happier had they not thrown full on centerfire firearms at them.

Start them out on a 10/22 and see how they handle it before throwing a 12 gauge at them and scaring them away, geez.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Interesting video. I was glad to see one lady seemed to have her mind changed, at least a little, right off the bat. Plus, it appears maybe another one could be persuaded. Sometimes we're so invested in our beliefs, even when presented with knowledge/experience that rocks those beliefs, we're slow to changing our minds. Who knows, with a little more positive reinforcement, another one or two could be turned.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I enjoyed the video. I am not so sure that the 870 was a good choice for introducing shooting to novices. The one gal was done right after firing the shotgun. A 1022 might have been more enjoyable and less intimidating.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I enjoyed the video. I am not so sure that the 870 was a good choice for introducing shooting to novices. The one gal was done right after firing the shotgun. A 1022 might have been more enjoyable and less intimidating.

Good point. My wife is good with firearms and stuff but after one shot with my 870, she was done with it. I did talk her into "getting up on the horse" a couple more times but after that, she was still done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bet they would have been a lot happier had they not thrown full on centerfire firearms at them.

Start them out on a 10/22 and see how they handle it before throwing a 12 gauge at them and scaring them away, geez.

.22 pistol rifle then step up from there. I have found that if you get the on target with the .22 and let the ladies they will get so competitive it is funny to watch.
    After that a smooth running 9mm and even a .45 is a smile bringer especially if you put them on some steel.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    My first shot when I came to this was with an 870 with 00 buck. The range I shot at has some deep bays and the pressure-wave from the blast was... substantial as was the kick. I had bruises on my shoulder the following day. First timer's mistakes? Likely, but it left an impression on me non-the-less. Having seen the performance of the weapon told me it was the right choice for the application, but I had to get a better stock than the standard crap-tastic one on the 870 express. New Knoxx stock on it and she shoots much nicer.

I can see why the one lady was put off by the 870.

I will give all of them credit for at least trying something new. Several shifted their views to some degree, one who was pretty drastic. Some people will not change their views no matter the evidence, a trait all too common to humanity.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I thought it was a poor choice of firearms for first time shooters. I believe they should have been started with .22 rifle & handgun.

I thought the same thing.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Nice video.

I'm taking a couple of liberal friends shooting for the first time this week. I'm pretty excited about it. They're coming over tonight for a safety briefing. Husband and wife team.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Hate the title of this thread.
    A firearm is not a weapon unless the user makes it so.

And as far as liberals go...............changes of heart over the gun stuff will be forgotten before the next fundraiser.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Californians, need I say more :): It's a shame that they couldn't actually accept that they had enjoyed it

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    OK, so, I can agree maybe with the "don't start with a 12 ga. crowd", but the other was a huge, heavy 9MM, with virtually NO RECOIL, even for the smallest framed girl the military can get to handgun training. Even the big bad .45 doesn't scare small female shooters!

Top Bottom