• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Whitley County
    There was a post on here a few days ago with people asking about Libertys new PD ammo.. In the .45 there 78 grain HP claims to travel 1900 fps and delivery 625 fbe.. There were a lot of guys dogging on this particular round because of its weight.. So I decided to do my own little test.. I am telling ya size is not everything.. I tested these rounds and my PREVIOUS carry round a 200 grain XTP both rounds are +P, on a 5 inch thick hog roast sporting a old pair of jeans and a carhart coat at 35 yards and had devastating results with the liberty.. I have pictures of the tested hog but don't know if it qualifies as G rated material.. For my family it does, but to each his own.. So if your interested in seeing the results just PM me.. I am more than happy to send them to you.. The XTP basically just bore a very nice 3/4 inch hole through the hog breaking bone as you would expect. The liberty exploded on impact making a 3inch by 2inch cavity including exploding bone and having multiple exit's.. I have no problem carrying this ammo in my CCW after seeing what it is capable of..

gutpile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Sounds like a magsafe ammo copy.......they used to have a 52 grain AGENT load.....in 9mm @ 2100fps out of my sig226 it was hell on threat level 4 body armor and lower. I still have some had to put a Badly wounded dog down with one. 15 yards between the eyes brains went out the ears and flipped the 160+ pound dog end over end with NO exit......
    that being said I still carry 124 grain Fed Hydroshok..........

Top Bottom