• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Exactly why I do not agree with what this guy did, but feel that it does NOT bear a felony. Agree?

OR do you think it is OK to charge people for crimes because you do not like how they store their firearms?
    I'd first argue he didn't "store" it....he abandoned it. Admittedly he forgot where it was. Rationally speaking, I don't care where you store your arms in your own home or vehicle, but if you are storing them in publicly owned buildings...then yes....he should be charged.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I left my keys in my truck, it is a very big truck and very dangerous in the wrong hands. Oh, and I have been drinking adult beverages, but I am scared to get my keys out of the truck for fear of being charged with DUI :ingo:
    Really Bunny?? Apparently you are not one for a rational conversation.:dunno:
    Your analogy is severely lacking in this discussion...come up with something that pertains to the subject.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Just checking. It's not the fact that it's a felony. It's the fact that he was charged at all...correct?

I really can't think of anything I would be OK with charging this guy with. Perhaps branding him with "DUMBASS," but not a crime.

Any suggestions?

I'd first argue he didn't "store" it....he abandoned it. Admittedly he forgot where it was. Rationally speaking, I don't care where you store your arms in your own home or vehicle, but if you are storing them in publicly owned buildings...then yes....he should be charged.

Charged with what? The "crime" he is charged with is possession on school property correct? Are you OK with that? To charge someone with a crime for having a tool on government property?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I really can't think of anything I would be OK with charging this guy with. Perhaps branding him with "DUMBASS," but not a crime.

Any suggestions?

Charged with what? The "crime" he is charged with is possession on school property correct? Are you OK with that? To charge someone with a crime for having a tool on government property?
    People are always quick to want to charge others with crimes for things they do not like. If there is no victim, why is there a crime?

Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I doubt he forgot where it was really. When I read the story I figured he probably forgot to grab it before he left the day he resigned and had yet to figure out how to get back into the classroom,and into the ceiling tiles, without having to admit he brought his gun to class. Probably waiting every day to hear he's busted.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    Many years ago the shop teacher at our local high school had a heart attack in class. An ambulance was called and he was taken to the hospital, where a small revolver fell out of his pocket onto the gurney.
    "Officials" at the school searched his office and found another pistol locked in his desk. He was given the opportunity to retire and faced some legal problems. I think the only thing that really kept him out of jail was the fact that he was a part time LEO.
    I don't blame him. He is a great guy. He taught some classes when I was in school and I always liked him and his style.

Top Bottom