• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    My grandma had a Astra 200 .25 that I had to get running again for her after gramps passed away. She'd had it stuff in a drawer for probably 50 years. It got stolen after she passed, still am pissed about that. I really wanted that one.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    Surely I am not the only one thinking, Drama Llama Go! Ya'll gonna make me lose my mind, up in here, up in here.... :lol2:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My grandma had a Astra 200 .25 that I had to get running again for her after gramps passed away. She'd had it stuff in a drawer for probably 50 years. It got stolen after she passed, still am pissed about that. I really wanted that one.
    Those were cool little guns. I have an Astra 400 (also 9mm Largo) but I guess I don't have any pics. I've also got an Astra Model 1916 (32 acp).

1650146328809.jpeg 1650146347931.jpeg

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Thanks everyone for your input. Church and everyone else who said leave it alone are probably right, that's probably exactly what I should do. 92fs your insight is right on also; I sell it and buy a pretty one and it'd probably burst into flames and the frame would crack 1st rd thru it. As far as all the different refinishing options suggested like Rust Bluing by DoggyDaddy, I just don't think I'd be happy with the outcome due to my inexperience and the learning curve. So as dumb as it may be I think I'm going to spend more on it than its worth. MrSmitty I'm going to put the new grips on it and take a few more shots. The new grips are wood and they just feel so much better than the original plastic grips. Before and after Pics to come. Thanks Again for your input.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a close friend that a has a max 1 45acp if that is the correct model name. He's shot over 500rds of 230gr ball through it without any problems.

I'll try to get a picture of it next time I'm visiting him.

Top Bottom