• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As of now Trinity has lost: Walmart Beats Out Church In Court Fight Over Gun Sales

However, as Trinity may appeal perhaps Walmart is trying to "box" them into a corner by removing the firearms upfront and not allowing it to go further up the chain to SCOTUS.

Personally, I think Trinity should be able to put any question to a vote. They are an owner of the company, and a vote isn't a guarantee one way or the other, it is only a vote. While I disagree with the particular issue Trinity is pushing, I believe the owner(s) of a company can do anything they want with their company that is within the law. While this could become counterproductive if every single item were voted on, so what? It will be the stockholder, aka OWNERS, who should be the ones making that decision, not the board or directors or middle management (aka EMPLOYEES.)

I don't know if this is the reason for Walmart cutting back, but I would think it would be a good, preemptive defense against Trinity if, on appeal, Trinity is trying to go appeal for a vote to remove a product that is already not being sold. The court will probably not want to waste its time with this. Once the time for appeals runs out, Walmart could simply start re-offering the "offending" item again.

Regards,

Doug

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Columbus west side WW does not have any. They have marked down every after market product for AR 15's.

Walmart has publicly announced they will no longer sell AR-15's. They will still sell long guns.

Last edited:

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    My local walmart had colt bushmaster and windham ARS marked way down and now there gone their slots in the rotating shelf have been filled with other rifles and shotguns.

dibdee83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    indiana
    I was in my local Scottsburg Walmart and noticed there were no ARs but I didn't ask the employee about it, I was heading to the range so I was a bit preoccupied.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I don't buy that for a second, slow sales my rear, they caved. All I ever saw being sold was AR type rifles.

There is hardly ever anyone at the local Walmart gun counter. If there is they are buying ammo. By contrast the local Rural King always has at least 1 if not 2 people manning the gun counter and they are busy.

All Walmart wants is fast moving merchandise.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    The rumor around Bloomington has always been that it is up to the manager of any given store -- thus no ARs ever in Bloomington that I can remember. In fact, they only sell a few black powder models in the Bloomington Walmart, and those might not even be there anymore

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The rumor around Bloomington has always been that it is up to the manager of any given store

It's up to the CFO. Wal-Mart has its finger right on the pulse and right now the pulse is no one is buying enough AR-15s for Wal-Mart to be bothered.

It's all about the flow, boys. ARs sit on the shelves too long. Ditch that SKU. Wal-Mart does not sell high end 1911s either. Same reason.

Now is the time to be buying AR-15s. As many as you can before November 2016, but Wal-Mart ain't in business to keep stuff on the shelf.

ITS OFFICIAL: Wal-Mart Abandons AR-15 Shooters For Good! - The Firearm Blog

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    A buddy of mine picked up two AR's at the Martinsville Walmart. One was a little over $300 and the other was a dpms sportacle he got for around $250.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Found one of the colts was left and I paid much less than 499. They lost the box the mag and instructions, if I told you my cost was 289 for my trouble would you be shocked...

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I have seen some Walmart ARs for sale by flippers on a few forums. It is real tempting to ask if they lied on their 4473 about being for them and if I buy it would it be considered a straw purchase? Sometimes I just like to irk flippers.

Top Bottom