Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Mindset
    Tactics
    Skills
    Equipment
    I thought this whole thread was specifically about triggers, as implied by the title.

Going off topic results in :hijack:

Not so say your points are not spot on, they are. But the thread is not about mindset, tactics or skills. This thread was specifically started to talk about triggers and trigger pulls. Just to remind everyone of the topic, here is the first post:
    As some of you already know I enjoy starting threads that get a little controversial. So....

Trigger Pull:
    What do you prefer: long, short, heavy 1st, heavy all the time,
    heavy first and light second, same all the time, light all the time.
    strengths/weaknesses. Lets hear it!

My Two cents:
    I prefer the same pull all the time!
    The Glock platform is excellent. It's not overly long. Long enough for safety, but short enough for accuracy (plus the reset is very short if you learn how to use it) and the pull stays the same.

I also prefer the 1911 platform with SAO. Same trigger pull every time.
    I think consistant trigger pull is the easiest for beginners to learn and yet offers the best results in combat shooting scenarios when things come into play like: nerves, stress, multiple targets, safety, and target acquisition.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I thought this whole thread was specifically about triggers, as implied by the title.

Going off topic results in :hijack:

Not so say your points are not spot on, they are. But the thread is not about mindset, tactics or skills. This thread was specifically started to talk about triggers and trigger pulls. Just to remind everyone of the topic, here is the first post:

sure. Now, go back and read the previous post I wrote that specifically talked about triggers......

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Oh noes!

Thread drift police!!!!

:rolleyesedit:

OH EXCUSE ME :bash:

Not every thread needs to turn into a tactics and training debate, especially when its whole purpose was to talk about a specific technical issue.

Not everyone here is a mall ninja with their tacticool weapons and laden down with knives and flashlights and back up magazines waiting for the apocalypse. This site, and specifically some of its members seems intent on chasing away collectors, trap shooters, hunters and others who may not be hostile toward the EBRs & tactical weapons, but are not really into those things either.

I'm old enough to remember a time before EBRs and can recall many conversations with trap shooters, hunters and others who felt that guns 'capable of holding more than 10 rounds' of ammunition were completely unneeded. They didn't see the need to have double stack pistols, magazine fed rifles, etc. That was a very large % of gun owners back then. Today it is probably still a larger % of gun owners than many realize and forums like the INGUNOWNERS.com should be welcoming to all gun owners, in hopes of getting the newbies, semi-auto anti's, the elitists and all other gun owners into one big happy family to develop common ground and understanding. Making fun of others who simply want to have a civil conversation about triggers is clearly not a way to develop harmony among gun owners, and it shows your bias.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    OH EXCUSE ME :bash:

Not every thread needs to turn into a tactics and training debate, especially when its whole purpose was to talk about a specific technical issue.

Not everyone here is a mall ninja with their tacticool weapons and laden down with knives and flashlights and back up magazines waiting for the apocalypse. This site, and specifically some of its members seems intent on chasing away collectors, trap shooters, hunters and others who may not be hostile toward the EBRs & tactical weapons, but are not really into those things either.

I'm old enough to remember a time before EBRs and can recall many conversations with trap shooters, hunters and others who felt that guns 'capable of holding more than 10 rounds' of ammunition were completely unneeded. They didn't see the need to have double stack pistols, magazine fed rifles, etc. That was a very large % of gun owners back then. Today it is probably still a larger % of gun owners than many realize and forums like the INGUNOWNERS.com should be welcoming to all gun owners, in hopes of getting the newbies, semi-auto anti's, the elitists and all other gun owners into one big happy family to develop common ground and understanding. Making fun of others who simply want to have a civil conversation about triggers is clearly not a way to develop harmony among gun owners, and it shows your bias.

What on earth are you going on about?

You should really stop posting off topic content in this thread.

Here is the original topic in case you've forgotten:
    As some of you already know I enjoy starting threads that get a little controversial. So....

Trigger Pull:
    What do you prefer: long, short, heavy 1st, heavy all the time,
    heavy first and light second, same all the time, light all the time.
    strengths/weaknesses. Lets hear it!

My Two cents:
    I prefer the same pull all the time!
    The Glock platform is excellent. It's not overly long. Long enough for safety, but short enough for accuracy (plus the reset is very short if you learn how to use it) and the pull stays the same.

I also prefer the 1911 platform with SAO. Same trigger pull every time.
    I think consistant trigger pull is the easiest for beginners to learn and yet offers the best results in combat shooting scenarios when things come into play like: nerves, stress, multiple targets, safety, and target acquisition.

I see what you like about being a self-appointed moderator. The power is AMAZING!!!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Ok guys, If things drift a bit on here that is fine with me but now we are getting a little off track.

As for triggers I don't really care as long as the gun goes bang every time. I have shot 1911s, Sigs, HKs, Glocks, etc etc etc and have never shot something where I absolutely hated the trigger. Never tried a sigma LOL

I would prefer to have the same pull each time but I think I could learn to live with anything.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    This looks like a perfectly fine gun to me.

C9.gif

:alcoholic::40oz::lmfao:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    For me to POOP on! :lmfao:

I own a Hi-Point carbine. Hi-Points are surprisingly reliable and accurate. Yes... they look rough and clunky and they are. They also fill a void in the gun market. Imagine it..... a firearm that almost anybody can afford to protect their family. I have never heard anybody bad-mouthing a Hi-Point after actually spending any time shooting one. And to top it all off, they have a unlimited lifetime warranty and are 100% US made. You can literally buy one (for example at a pawn-shop) that is worn-out, send it back to Hi-Point and they'll totally refurbish it and return it to you with a couple of free magazines for your "trouble"!!!! They even recommend sending your gun back from time to time for a free "cleaning & check-out"!!! :eek: I have a lot of nice, pretty, and expensive firearms but I'll never bad-mouth a Hi-Point again. I just shake my head at people who do as I'm about 99% sure that they haven't the slightest idea about what they speak (other than looks) which are admittedly crude. :rolleyesedit:

All I'm saying is that if you're looking for a cheap yet reliable firearm (to keep in a tackle box, tool box, or whatever) or if you've got a buddy who's tight on funds... keep your mind open to Hi-Point.

Read what owners say on Hi-Point's Owners Forum: Hi-Point Firearms Forums :: Index

Also... some Hi-Point reviews:

Hi-Point Firearms

GunWeek.com

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    You know, I was kinda expecting a post like this after I posted my comment. I was just joking... no need to get all excited....

I've fired a bunch of Hi-Points and they all went bang each time. ;)

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    You know, I was kinda expecting a post like this after I posted my comment. I was just joking... no need to get all excited....

I've fired a bunch of Hi-Points and they all went bang each time. ;)

No excitement here. I just wanted to spread the word. I used to be one of those "gun snobs" and I'm trying to set the record straight. And for the record... Yes... they ARE ugly!! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    You know guys, I had completley forgotten about my P9S from the gunmaker to the GODS, Heckler and Koch, which has the sweetest trigger I've ever fired.......It's right on par with a nice, smooth 1911. I had forgotten about it until I posted to Pami about it when she had inquried about the SIG P250

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom