• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Hay! watch those Webley comments. My Mark VI isn't that bad. No worse than many modern double action wheel guns I've shot. I shoot it pretty well double action. No, it ain't as smooth as my polished up GP100 or an old S&W, but not too bad. I was thinking of using mine for a round of bowling pins now that I've got a stack of full moon clips and polished the burrs out of the chambers. Maybe mine has been well broken in since it was made in 1917.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hay! watch those Webley comments. My Mark VI isn't that bad. No worse than many modern double action wheel guns I've shot. I shoot it pretty well double action. No, it ain't as smooth as my polished up GP100 or an old S&W, but not too bad. I was thinking of using mine for a round of bowling pins now that I've got a stack of full moon clips and polished the burrs out of the chambers. Maybe mine has been well broken in since it was made in 1917.

Steve was nearly putting them through the same hole with it DA. Not bad for a 90 year old revolver. I shoot the Webley SA about as well as I do my Ruger Blackhawk.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The one I dry fired back in the mid 1990s felt like it was broken or it had some kind of safety "on," but it just had the heaviest trigger pull I've ever felt. I probably should not judge thousands of guns by that one sample, so I stand (sit) corrected!

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I like the DA/SA trigger pull. I have been carring it over 15 years. I have trained with it, the first DA pull is longer and heavier. I like it that way. To each their own. Some guns work for some and not others, that is why there are so many styles. Go with what you feel comfortable.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    "To each his own" is correct. Some people think the Glock trigger is wonderful. I think it feels like every component of the trigger group is rubber mounted and the trigger is connected to the sear by a rubber band, but that's just my opinion. I like the solid, crisp break of a single action like a good 1911 or a well polished Smith or Ruger. The trigger on my MagNaPort reworked Super Blackhawk is a thing of beauty. Nothing like shooting a big single action that has had a professional full action job. No pull (motion) noticeable, you just keep applying pressure and it breaks like the proverbial glass rod. wish I could have that action on all my guns. Another one I like is the set trigger on CZ rifles. Again, once set, just think about squeezing, no movement, just pressure, and snap (at about 1 lb.) and no over-travel either. They do caution that you never set the trigger till you are ready to make thew shot. Once set, a sharp knock to the gun could set it off.

Top Bottom