• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I didn't buy it for its possible value. I found it in the shops online database, and after doing a little bit of research (enough to get me in trouble, lol) I decided to go look at it.

Just from the info I found on the internet, I knew it was close to 90 years old, and figured at the very least would make for a nice antique conversation piece. If it still fires, even better.
    I fired it today quite accurate from 5 yards will probably need to adjust elevation for further out.

Indyrubi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    This is my Savage 110 SA build. Got a MDT chassie, Vortex Razor scope, Harris bipod, and Omega 36m. Just after I got done with it there was a pic of the almost exact same rifle on my American Rifleman mag. I think they had a camera in my house...lol

Attachments

• savage.jpg
      savage.jpg
      256.7 KB · Views: 29

Shifty_85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2023
    Versailles, IN
    When I sold my house I had some extra money was looking for a semi auto PKM but those don't seem to exist. So I found this DTM with 3 63rd drums cleaning kit etc etc. This would have been the hull MG in a T34 they made the bipod to clamp on the same spot it would go into the T34 that way if the tank was knocked out they still had some firepower. It's a riot and at 25lbs almost no recoil! PXL_20220128_204633588.jpg

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Andro Corp Industries ACI15 - my first gun. 16" with a 15" free-float MLOK handguard and an "A2" flash hider. Works great and runs like a dream - although a handguard retention screw backed out and made a new home on the floor of the Top Guns Terre Haute range. Has an Olight Odin Mini with the pressure pad, Holosun HE503R-GD, and a Magpul MVG grip. Changed the stock and pistol grip to Magpul furniture. Other than that, all in sub $1000. Recommend the company for anyone who's in the market for AR15's, AR10's, or AR9's.
    IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0207.JPG

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Andro Corp Industries ACI15 - my first gun. 16" with a 15" free-float MLOK handguard and an "A2" flash hider. Works great and runs like a dream - although a handguard retention screw backed out and made a new home on the floor of the Top Guns Terre Haute range. Has an Olight Odin Mini with the pressure pad, Holosun HE503R-GD, and a Magpul MVG grip. Changed the stock and pistol grip to Magpul furniture. Other than that, all in sub $1000. Recommend the company for anyone who's in the market for AR15's, AR10's, or AR9's.
    View attachment 281732 View attachment 281733
    Clear finger nail polish on a small screw can often hold it in place without the worry of getting it out if need be.

jdfog2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    West Central Indiana
    View attachment 281732

View attachment 281733
    Your first gun is an awesome thing. Not because of the gun itself, but because it's yours! Congrats, and I hope your interest and enthusiasm continue!

By the way. That does look like a nice rig!

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Your first gun is an awesome thing. Not because of the gun itself, but because it's yours! Congrats, and I hope your interest and enthusiasm continue!

By the way. That does look like a nice rig!
    Thanks man! I've always been interested in firearms for many reasons. The idea was to get something to serve as a multiple role gun - home defense and a duty rifle. I work security and since I'm 20 I am not able to be an armed guard; however, when I turn 21 I plan on taking the first armed contract that is worth taking. Right now I'm on this site for many reasons, but the main attraction was the marketplace. I like my AR a bunch, but it's not as concealable as a handgun.

JonN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    IN
    69093172462__5092635A-A42A-4A8A-93C3-E3476F23EECF.jpeg
    Here's one of my occasional hunters. Model 94, pre-64 long-wood. This one's a little different being chambered in .32 Win Special. Been fortunate to grab a box of ammo here or there and may start reloading for it. It has a sibling 1938 long wood in .30WCF (successful harvest on that one's resume), a later short wood in 30-30Win (yes I know it's the same round), and they're flanked in the safe by a 1924 Savage 1899 30WCF.

For some reason, I fell in love with classic lever guns and have a goal to harvest a mature whitetail with each.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    New Marlin/Ruger 1895

TjUE1Wdl.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Finally got a Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39mm. I haven't got it shot in yet, but plan on doing so as soon as I am able.
    I changed magazine well to the AR well instead of the Mini 30. I played with it some in the house cycling 10rds from a 10rd magazine and 20rd magazine. It works fine.
    I love how light it is. If it's good and accurate I'm planning on using this for deer hunting this season.
    Nothing special but I think it'll work well for the intended purposes.
    Has a Bushnell AR optics 1-8× with Illumination which is helpful in early morning or late evening hunts.

20230922_165756.jpg
    20230922_165827.jpg
    1695619412516.png

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    1000008625.jpg

Was able to bet this Universal M1 Carbine back out on the range after some time of being in the safe.

The original operating slide had a small crack in it (pictures attached) and I just had a devil of a time attempting to find a replacement. I finally found a fella out of California that was making reproduction operating slides for the Universal Carbines.

The new op slide came and was quite a bit thicker than the previous one, and would properly fit into the channel. I used lapping compound to shave off enough metals to get the slide moving and functional.

Even still with the work, the slide is not quite there yet. I had hiccups every round or so, then when I'd get to last five rounds of the magazine, it would cycle all of them.

Needless to say, it's been a long process... but the Universal M1 Carbine is getting up and running again.

I know it would serve me better to just get a milsurp Carbine, but this thing is still in great functioning order and it would seem a shame to just let this sit without giving it some fun.

1000008623.jpg

1000008627.jpg
    1000008631.jpg

Here is the previous operating slide. You can see the very small crack down by my pinky.
    1000008687.jpg

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    After maybe 2 years of waiting I finally got my hands on one about 2 weeks ago. I've been told I need to shoot my guns more as the majority of the ones I've bought within the last 5-10 years have not been shot or have a very low round count. So far this one is unfired. It's currently wrapped in a towel in my safe so it at least won't take any hits for now. Now if the letter bois would just let me have my Primal that's been in jail for 9 months that would be even better.
    zBpAqVD.jpg

Top Bottom