• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I thought the OP mentioned something back a page or two about something being too short for his hand. If that's the case, the Kahr's probably aren't going to satisfy since they are pretty short. If you insist on a full, 3-finger grip your options are going to be quite limited.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I use a two finger grip, so I'm not against shorter guns. They just can't fatigue my hand. For whatever reason, the P2000SK was very uncomfortable. That's something I won't tolerate in a firearm. The glock 23, the subcompact 9mm, whatever its designation is, works fine, I just don't care much for glocks. I'm not saying they're bad, because they're excellent firearms. I just have a propensity for different, but extremely reliable, firearms. I don't know, I like being different. :D maybe I should look at a few XDM suby's and see if I like them. I picked up a sub compact XDM .45 a little while back and liked it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I. . .dont. . .know. . . :D can I just have them all?

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Hey, I've seen some CW-9s for sale recently in the classifieds! ;)

Anyway, for small CCW firearm, check out the Ruger LC9, offerings from Kahr, CZ 2075. For me, with conceal-ability, I wanted a single-stack 9. The LC9 fit the bill for me....prior to that I carried the CW9 for about 6 months (I just prefer a hammer over striker-fire....personal preference, not that one is superior to the other. Like the whole Poly/Alloy debate.....personal preference.)

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    Very pleased Kahr cm9 owner here. It is my first Kahr and I couldn't be happier. Very slim ad it has a nice smooth double action trigger for such a small gun.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I use a two finger grip, so I'm not against shorter guns. They just can't fatigue my hand. For whatever reason, the P2000SK was very uncomfortable. That's something I won't tolerate in a firearm. The glock 23, the subcompact 9mm, whatever its designation is, works fine, I just don't care much for glocks. I'm not saying they're bad, because they're excellent firearms. I just have a propensity for different, but extremely reliable, firearms. I don't know, I like being different. :D maybe I should look at a few XDM suby's and see if I like them. I picked up a sub compact XDM .45 a little while back and liked it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I. . .dont. . .know. . . :D can I just have them all?

If you want to be different, find a Nano and fondle it. I sold my PM9 and kept the Nano. It has a very smooth trigger pull (a little shorter than the Kahr) and shoots really nice.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I like my G26, but I think a LC9 would get my vote now. The G26 is thick - some folks are "brand miopic" and ignore this fact. I love Glock, but for CCW there are plenty of good options.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    The best one... the one that fits your hand well, and is small and light enough that you'll carry it. Once you find the ones that fit those needs research them online & at INGO for reliability, and manufacture support if a problem should arise.

I've gone to gun shops certain that I'll buy a particular gun, only to pick it up and realize only 1 1/3 fingers fit on the grip, or that the handle is so narrow due to being single stack that I can't grip it comfortably. There isn't one gun that's perfect for everyone... too many variables... you need to handle a lot of guns, figure out what's best for you. Good Luck! :twocents:

ps.- the M&P 40c and the LCR work for me

Last edited:

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    What are you carrying now that you want this to be smaller than?

If you liked the Steyr, what didn't you like about it? Which model was it? If you want to go in that direction, you might try to check out the new Caracals - Caracal 9mm Pistol Review - YouTube - they were designed by the same guy who designed the Steyr M.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I dislike Caracals. I think the feel cheap, and I despise the ultra crappy after thought they call a slide release. Though, I believe Steyr has a hand in them as well. Their forums have a separate thread for it. If I go with the Steyr route I would buy the S9-A1. It's a 3.5" 9mm. Though looking through their forums you see thread after thread after thread of recalls and malfunctions. It doesn't sound like a particularly reliable hand gun to trust your life with. Range bait? Sure. Carry safe? I'm not sure at all.

Currently, I carry a Walther PPQ 4.1", and love it. Think about a gun a tad larger than a G 19, and youve got the right idea. But, it's a hair large on my frame. I'm 6'1", 180lbs, and the gun is about half as wide as my torso. :D I recently came across something that's grabbed my interest, though finding one may be a miracle. The Walther P99C AS. It's the perfect size, and I love the P99. I takes an inch off the height, .6" off the length, and can use all of my PPQ mags. It's no where to be found, however. :S

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Ruger sr9c. About the same size as a Glock 19 but not as square and boxie. Comes with a 10 and 17 round mag. carries well with the 10 shot and factory included pinky extension. 400 rounds thru mine never a malfunction.

Barua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Eagle Creek
    Walter PPS. I'm 5' 8" 150lbs and I can conceal it in a t-shirt and jeans no problem. Plus it's spot on accurate and has the best factory sights I've ever seen on a pistol.

Top Bottom