• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have an AR 15 that I built. I am contemplating selling the rifle as I am a little short on money right now.

I have in this rifle about $1500.

Anderson stripped lowers
    Spikes Tactical LPK
    Magpul K2 pistol grip
    Mil-spec buffer tube
    Magpul collapsible stock
    Spikes Upper
    Fortis Hammer charging handle
    Nickle boron full auto bcg
    Midwest Industries M1 iron sights
    Troy low profile gas block
    Fortis rev 2 12" rail
    CMMG gas tube
    Green Mountain 1:9 twist barrel
    Vortex Sparc 2 red dot
    Midwest Industries flash hider.

Just trying to figure out a fair price to sell it at. I am not stupid though and I know approximately how much to ask for. The gun has 4 rounds through it for function testing after it was built.

20160417_095328_zpspnwva4kd.jpg

Attachments

• 20160417_095328_zpspnwva4kd.jpg
      20160417_095328_zpspnwva4kd.jpg
      276.7 KB · Views: 6

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Take the optic off and sell it separate. You will get more money that way.
    Bare rifle, you will likely get around 800...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was thinking $600-700.

OP, the market is flooded with AR-15s, so you won't get top dollar when trying to sell.

Sorry.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    No way. People troll the classified forums waiting for prices to drop.

OP, I wouldn't pay more than $600 for that rifle without the optic. With optic, Maybe $700-750. Sorry, but it's just not a premium build, and it's probably not going to sell for much more than that. Mil-spec trigger, GM barrel, no name (that you've listed yet) BCG, built on an Anderson lower.....That's a budget build and shouldn't sell used for more than $600.

And the knowledgeable members here will either think you're a liar for saying you have $1500 in that.....or that you don't know what you're doing and got ripped off on every single component you bought. Either way, you saying you have $1500 in that isn't going to attract anyone on here that knows anything about AR's.

You've lost many people who have looked at the price and walked away.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    No way. People troll the classified forums waiting for prices to drop.

OP, I wouldn't pay more than $600 for that rifle without the optic. With optic, Maybe $700-750. Sorry, but it's just not a premium build, and it's probably not going to sell for much more than that. Mil-spec trigger, GM barrel, no name (that you've listed yet) BCG, built on an Anderson lower.....That's a budget build and shouldn't sell used for more than $600.

And the knowledgeable members here will either think you're a liar for saying you have $1500 in that.....or that you don't know what you're doing and got ripped off on every single component you bought. Either way, you saying you have $1500 in that isn't going to attract anyone on here that knows anything about AR's.

:yesway:

In addition to this the OP should remember that there are lots of members here that look at other things besides the actual item when deciding to deal with someone. Things such as their history and participation. Just from a quick look I can see that the OP has been a member for over 5 years but doesn't participate in discussions. With only a couple exceptions every post you have made since September 2013 has been a WTS or WTT ad. Over three pages of items for sale but yet you've not given back to the forum with either participation or become a site supporter. It shows your post count at 150 (regular posts) but you have 145 in the classifieds.

Even if the price was right on this rifle I would pass on it for the above reasons. What it looks like to me is that you are here only to sell things. Believe me, I'm not the only one who looks at things like this. Participation helps and goes a long way.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was offered a used Daniel Defense in good condition last week for less than you're asking for your build. AR market is mashed potato soft at the moment. I'd hold on to it until the Hillary Panic of 2016! and then trade it for a new Corvette.

Speaking of which, better start socking up on P-mags. I'm figuring this time around I'll get a jump on things and trade a few for some icky ol revolvers when the pendulum swings.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Brutal comments. Mostly true but brutal.

If you were to look at my history, I wonder if I would meet your standards...?

Without a doubt you do. I don't even need to look at your history. You've been around a long time, have a good post count and most importantly you contribute to the forum. I see you in a wide variety of threads and taking part in lots of conversations. You offer advice and interact with people. It's very clear you are NOT just here for the classifieds.

I wouldn't really classify my thought process as a 'set of standards' though. There isn't really a checklist or anything like that. INGO is a forum and a very close knit one at that. If someone decides to isolate themselves from the rest of the populace by squatting in the classifieds then I feel they should be a site supporter at the very least. Participation in the forum is better. I'd rather have conversations and learn from others than see them as nothing more than a seller. That's there prerogative if they choose to do that.

I do have a list of members I won't deal with in any form. The ones that have admitted to criminal activity, stolen valor, pure classified squatters, those who have discussed problems with a firearm then put it up for sale here without disclosing the problems, etc. The OP is not on this list. I am not opposed to doing business with him, but it would have to be something unique. A run of the mill AR-15 is not one of those items, especially when there are other members that actively support the site that have them for sale as well.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was offered a used Daniel Defense in good condition last week for less than you're asking for your build. AR market is mashed potato soft at the moment. I'd hold on to it until the Hillary Panic of 2016! and then trade it for a new Corvette.

Speaking of which, better start socking up on P-mags. I'm figuring this time around I'll get a jump on things and trade a few for some icky ol revolvers when the pendulum swings.
    I can't trade for a new Corvette. There's not room in the garage with the other Corvette that I traded for the last go around.

Noday345

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Plymouth
    I am very low on posts and would like to get my count up, but I see the feedback and the guy gets blasted makes a new person a little concerned with getting involved! I would give 600 hundred dollars for the gun by the way

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I would guess a lot of that $1500 came from buying individual parts either at full retail or with a lot of added shipping costs.

It's certainly not worth more used (and 4 rounds is still used) than it would be to build new, and it can be built new for under $800 right now.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    He asked :dunno:

I still can't / don't believe that cost him $1500 to build. I have less than that in my DD / CMC frankenrifle and my Larue / Geissele frankenrifle combined.....and they're a hell of a lot nicer.

For reference, OP had his rifle listed for $1100 and $1250 with optic

Here's a DD brand new from the factory for $1200
    https://www.westernsport.com/product/daniel-defense-black-friday-custom-rifle/
    Here's a brand new BCM for $1128
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MID-16-MOD0
    Heres a brand new Colt LE6920 for $750 (someone needs to buy this before I do)
    http://tssoutfitters.com/shop/colt-...-56-nato-16-1-30-1-magpul-highlander-stk-blk/

OP is out of his mind.

Brutal comments. Mostly true but brutal.

If you were to look at my history, I wonder if I would meet your standards...?

Last edited:

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Even through the last "scare", I was only able to get about 80-85% of a Seekins build and Noveske build. With the abundance of ARs in the market today, on entry level stuff, I would say 60% of his asking price is the fair going rate.

Top Bottom