• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    It looks like he took our advice and instead of lowering the price to ballpark closed his thread.

For the second time. He's had the same rifle up before.

Best bet would be to wait until the next panic sets in and everyone that isn't prepared scrambles to play catch up. That would be the best way to recoup as much as possible. Sit on it until the election is closer (or over depending on who wins) or there is another mass shooting in a GFZ. Once the talking heads start mumbling about gun control again you should be able to squeak out some more $$$.

Bottom line for right now, the market is saturated and value is down. Wait until it's a sellers market.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I am very low on posts and would like to get my count up, but I see the feedback and the guy gets blasted makes a new person a little concerned with getting involved! I would give 600 hundred dollars for the gun by the way

Don't sweat it. We were all new at one time. We just are fairly protective of our forum. We don't really like people who don't contribute (either financially or through posts), yet use this site to practically run a gun business. I know that some aren't fond of me because I'm not a site supporter, but it is what it is. Just keep at it and soon you will have many posts and many friends. This is a great group of guys and they took me from being a complete gun idiot, to an incomplete gun idiot!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    For the second time. He's had the same rifle up before.

Best bet would be to wait until the next panic sets in and everyone that isn't prepared scrambles to play catch up. That would be the best way to recoup as much as possible. Sit on it until the election is closer (or over depending on who wins) or there is another mass shooting in a GFZ. Once the talking heads start mumbling about gun control again you should be able to squeak out some more $$$.

Bottom line for right now, the market is saturated and value is down. Wait until it's a sellers market.

I seen an upper that has 1200 rounds trough it and the guy wants close to retail as he posted the original advertisement for the upper and changed out the handguards for something else.

BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    I tend to look at things differently than some. Recently I wanted to sell a G27 that just sat around to partially fund something new. Instead of creating some story in an effort to get retail from that one in a million (clueless) buyer. And stretching it out for who knows how long. I accepted up front that I was willing to take a loss. And subsequently sold it for $400 in a day. It only had seven "flawless" rounds down the pipe.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I am very low on posts and would like to get my count up, but I see the feedback and the guy gets blasted makes a new person a little concerned with getting involved! I would give 600 hundred dollars for the gun by the way

As long as you contribute and don't just try to puff up your post count, we'll welcome you with open arms. You might wanna skip some of the arms though, I've smelled them at the 1500 in passing.

Just participate. If you have something to say, say it. If you have a question, ask it. My post count isn't that high compared to what it is on other forums that I've stopped visiting. My post count wouldn't be as high if I didn't post unneeded drivel in some threads. That's not all that common for me, but I do it on occasion. As I said, participate and learn and you'll be fine.

As for the OP, I would say I'd pay between $650 and $750 depending on whether an optic was included or not. I just sold a ST complete build with a cheap optic for $700. ;)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Someone plz post a pic of $1500 home build for the OP

307vkfn.jpg

Complete Spikes Tactical SBR. Without the optic or the stamp, it sits at about $1400. With the stamp and the optic, I sit at $2k on the nose.

Attachments

• 307vkfn.jpg
      307vkfn.jpg
      189.7 KB · Views: 1

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville

I had some of the same reservations, and I'm still not a huge post count guy. This forum is chocked full of good information. Don't be afraid to post, and don't be surprised if you get called out or flamed a time or 2 until you establish yourself. Pick your spots, add something productive to the conversation and have a thick skin. Don't get into the "race for 50". I question the OP's motives for posting this here. I'm certain it was to get some more exposure for the sale. It doesn't take an IQ of 150 to look at the classifieds and see what other AR's are going for and how many are available. He may have gotten hosed on parts, or didn't do his research before buying his parts. That's on him. The current value is what it is, and not hard to figure out.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Adding each individual part AT MSRP, I can see the $1500. However, without much effort and all the same parts he could have gotten it down to about $1000.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    $1k would still be massively overpaying to build that rifle brand new.

My last build was an AP matched receiver set, Larue barrel with SLR adjustable gas block, Toolcraft BCG, Geissele SD-E trigger, and SMOS rail for the big dollar parts. Total was right between $800 and $900 to build the whole thing.

I could build the equivalent or better of his rifle (maybe not the EXACT same parts since I'd shop for sales) for $650 easily.

Hell, I'd take a Colt 6920 before his build all day every day. And they can be found under $900 all day every day.

Adding each individual part AT MSRP, I can see the $1500. However, without much effort and all the same parts he could have gotten it down to about $1000.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    4 rounds down the pipe? Not saying it's not true, but man that's hard to believe. For me, that's a immediate red flag. But in any case $600-700. It has too much mix-matching going on; which is fine if you keep it for yourself, not so much if selling.

Top Bottom