• ...and so much more!
  • Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I have tossed around the idea of selling it and getting two smaller safes. This would get expensive due to buying my safe 15 years ago. But I do have a sentimental side on this one. It was one of my first adult purchases once I moved into my first house. We will see. The stairway is actually large and is right off the front door. If had access to the proper tools and had some experience moving safes it to me does not seem like that large of a job. That said I am looking for someone else to do it so I could be gravely mistaken. The guy from professional safe and vault said it would be no problem to move it. Thanks for the suggestions. If Professional safe and vault gets back to me and moves it I will update the thread with cost and how it went.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Heres some advice from a guy that built elevators and escalators for a living for a long time. Everything we moved was heavy.
    Ever see a 1,000 go down the stairs unaccompanied?

Moving a 1,000 lb six ft box down a flight of stairs without being a professional is a foolish mistake. Its all good till one looses Center of Balance with that stair climber.
    OP. Dont do it.

Edit. And Ive done it a few times by myself.
    Heres a few yrs ago bringing home a 1,100 lb Liberty.
    20201103_121118.jpg

Last edited:

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County

We have used these guys a few times moving several safes that are 3,000 to 4,000# each. They are not cheap but they know how to move massive safes (and park them EXACTLY where you want them), 1,100# would be a walk in the park for them. If you are in a big hurry I wouldn't bother calling though, they are usually backed up a while.

They would also be my first call if I was ever locked out of a safe.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Professional safe and vault did an amazing job for me. Moved my safe down a dozen stairs and into a back room in my basement. They worked clean, did not scratch my hard wood floors or make one bit of damage. His price was fair, he showed up on time, and was quick and professional. Would recommend if anyone needs a large item moved.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Professional safe and vault did an amazing job for me. Moved my safe down a dozen stairs and into a back room in my basement. They worked clean, did not scratch my hard wood floors or make one bit of damage. His price was fair, he showed up on time, and was quick and professional. Would recommend if anyone needs a large item moved.
    This is excellent to hear for future reference.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Heres some advice from a guy that built elevators and escalators for a living for a long time. Everything we moved was heavy.
    Ever see a 1,000 go down the stairs unaccompanied?

Moving a 1,000 lb six ft box down a flight of stairs without being a professional is a foolish mistake. Its all good till one looses Center of Balance with that stair climber.
    OP. Dont do it.

Edit. And Ive done it a few times by myself.
    Heres a few yrs ago bringing home a 1,100 lb Liberty.
    View attachment 301612
    Just seeing this thread but in just to say a friend just rented one of these yesterday and we moved an 800ish lb safe from one house to another, and up one story but stairs had a turn in it.
    Worked like a charm.
    We are not professionals, unless professional redneck is a thing.

Top Bottom