• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emodude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hello I have always wanted to learn how to hunt, I'm looking for someone that would be willing to share their knowledge of hunting and field dressing.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I'm with you. Been a couple of times but never got anything. I've read up on field dressing but would like to have something there the first time I attempted it.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Looks like there is a lot of us. Maybe we can pitch in and hire someone to Guide us this fall?

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i'll just post the gist of the pm here. ACT's survival and emergency preparedness instructor, Granger Wilkins, is an experienced hunter and guide. if there is enough interest in a hunting class, i'm sure that ACT can accommodate. let me know of any interest by pm, put hunting in the body of the post somewhere and i'll get granger on board.

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    Deer Hunting

Anyone wanting to go deer hunting PM me. I use bow,shotgun & muzzleloader. I would be more than happy to take somone hunting. Bow season starts Oct 1st, Shotgun,Handgun & rifles. Nov 15th & muzzleloader Dec 6th.

Last edited:

Unoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I'd love to learn how to hunt and clean common animals, like bird, hog, deer ,etc. my father grew up doing it but never taught me a single thing except how to shoot.

Only rifles I own are a .270 bolt action.
    16" ar-15 .223 with irons.

and a 18" pistol gripped home defense shotgun. I have a Winchester 870 full barrel hunting shotgun but I think it has rusted somewhat badly.

So I'm limited in what I can do.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I have struggled with this problemn for years, and have come up with a solution i'd like to try.

Start an organization he promotes hunting, teaches hunter's ed, firearm safety, and a mentoring program where newbies can be taught by willing vetren in there area,

with this same program i'd likt to see a way for avid hunters to increase bag limits so long as the extra meat got donated to homeless shelters and organizations like the community harvest food bank. I know of a good deal of hunters with their own game processing equipment so a certification process that would allow them to be able to porcess game to be donated would probably be needed,

eventually i'd ike to see a list online of landowners that have their hunting grounds available o anyone who would ask, I was thinking of some sort of liability form that hunters would need to sign and some leel of training before the landowners would consent to loan out their lands, any thoughts on where to start?

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    > any thoughts on where to start?

Yeah -- create a new thread with a list of mentors and people looking for mentors. Group them by county and indicate what kind of hunting they're interested in. Add a section for people who have land they're willing to let others hunt. Try to go to the next level if you get lots of feedback and a good list/process going.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    There is a group out of West Terre Haute that has other chapters that Hunt and the meat goesto feeding local people. I can't find the website right now, but I will post it later. A great guy I know runs it locally his name is Frank. I'l post more details later.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Go to INHEA.COM and check out the hunter education courses available. Might be you have to have a card in order to hunt certain areas or even purchase a license.
    We have a class coming up in Nov on the 7th and 8th.
    You can get a lot of knowledge from those classes plus
    your hunter ed card. Best part.... It's free and all ya gotta pay is attention.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Go to INHEA.COM and check out the hunter education courses available. Might be you have to have a card in order to hunt certain areas or even purchase a license.
    We have a class coming up in Nov on the 7th and 8th.
    You can get a lot of knowledge from those classes plus
    your hunter ed card. Best part.... It's free and all ya gotta pay is attention.

Absolutely. I am a member of the INHEA and had the honor of being asked to teach at last years instructor academy. Outstanding program and outstanding folks. There is also a trapper program.

Regards,

Jim

Top Bottom