• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I hate it also but it is apart of the game, I don't know why but usually when I started getting asked alot of questions about what I am selling I know I am about to get low balled.

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Just throwing in my two cents.... Some items I have viewed here have been priced very high. Glocks are 550 new at most lgs', so why would some want to pay that for a used one? I have made a purchase or two on here and have sold a handgun (at a very reasonable price). I would never have thought of people buying cheap and reselling, guess I was being naive.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I might have to post something in the classifieds soon. :nailbite:

I guess I'll come here to complain after I get some low offers. I'll counter with EVEN higher offers!

I'm done complaining about something that is given for free.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I am also looking forward to meeting the other half of INGO. You know, the half that doesn't post anywhere but the classifieds....

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Wow! No one can force you to sell you item at a loss. It's not a realized loss until you sell it. If you're not willing to pay what they're asking, or you're not willing to take what they are offering, MOVE ALONG. Simple. A product is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. If there is no agreement on price, there is no deal. You shouldn't take these things personally.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    No, wait...

I demand everyone sells me all their gear for 50%, no 75% less then the lowest known internet transaction price in the last 10 years. I will be waiting for your lists of items I will be buying from you. And that means ALL of you.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Sad affairs

I like the INGO folks that will post or send a PM stating that they want an item, then either refuse to return a PM or even acknowledge that they received it.

Then there are the guys that you make an agreement on time and place, and then at the last minute either back out or not even bother to let you know that they are changing their mind.

indianaarsenal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    valparaiso IN
    lowballers

what is even more low is when they come and tell you it is not as you described and want you to pay for their gas.... after you emailed them 20+ pics of the items .. been there had that done ...

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't understand why there is so much hussle about used gun prices. Everyone has different acceptable prices for different condition levels of different guns and that varies even more on the region it's located and the area's pricing. I know that I'm close enough to a gun shop that sells things for much cheaper than 95% of anyone in the surrounding areas. So, when I see a used gun posted for what seems like a high price I'm not that surpised because they likely paid a little more for it than what I'm used to if they live out in the middle of no where, where their LGS has little competition.

Negotiating is just part of selling anything. If you are offended by offers, then I guess you shouldn't be selling anything. It's just part of dealing. No reason for people to get panties in a bunch. Those sellers do the EXACT SAME THING when they go to buy. It's human nature to want to get the most out of your hard earned money. Likewise, when you go to sell. You want to make back as much of your initial investment as possible. It's just how we are.

Some people just need to get the sand out of their crack.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I like the INGO folks that will post or send a PM stating that they want an item, then either refuse to return a PM or even acknowledge that they received it.

Then there are the guys that you make an agreement on time and place, and then at the last minute either back out or not even bother to let you know that they are changing their mind.
    Guilty as charged. But typically for me this is because I honestly get busy and forget to reply to the email which I read earlier. LOL

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Wanting an item can be different then wanting to buy an item.

^^^Sometimes it's hard to read in-between the lines.^^^

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I don't understand why there is so much hussle about used gun prices. Everyone has different acceptable prices for different condition levels of different guns and that varies even more on the region it's located and the area's pricing. I know that I'm close enough to a gun shop that sells things for much cheaper than 95% of anyone in the surrounding areas. So, when I see a used gun posted for what seems like a high price I'm not that surpised because they likely paid a little more for it than what I'm used to if they live out in the middle of no where, where their LGS has little competition.

Negotiating is just part of selling anything. If you are offended by offers, then I guess you shouldn't be selling anything. It's just part of dealing. No reason for people to get panties in a bunch. Those sellers do the EXACT SAME THING when they go to buy. It's human nature to want to get the most out of your hard earned money. Likewise, when you go to sell. You want to make back as much of your initial investment as possible. It's just how we are.

Some people just need to get the sand out of their crack.

What he said

Dave

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    I recently just made an offer on here on a harris bipod for $50. This could be considered border line lowball I guess. New ones retail between $80-129. I thought it was a reasonable offer on a used bipod. That was suppose to be the start of the negotiation. But the only response I got was NO.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I recently just made an offer on here on a harris bipod for $50. This could be considered border line lowball I guess. New ones retail between $80-129. I thought it was a reasonable offer on a used bipod. That was suppose to be the start of the negotiation. But the only response I got was NO.

I'd consider that a lowball too.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Admission of using the classifieds before 50 posts. :)

But I hate that idea of "starting negotiations". I guess some people love haggling, I'd just as soon set a price and that be it. Likewise when someone tells me no that's it, I wasn't offering what I was expecting you to counter and me to come up, etc.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3LL338aGA[/ame]

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Times must be hard, people must be desperate. I've never had so many lowball offers on here. I'm not sure if they can't afford what they want to buy, or if they are trying to buy cheap to sell for a profit. Maybe they think EVERYONE selling on here desperately needs the money? Anything I sell/trade goes back into my "gun fund". Gun collecting/shooting/hunting, etc is not a PROFIT hobby. I don't know why so many people think they can make a buck slitting another hobbyist's throat. The concepts of "Pay it forward",etc are long gone. It's like herpes, a guy buys a used Glock and throws it up for $550. Next thing you know, everyone is trying to buy $400 Glocks and list them for $550. It's that 95% of people....

this is a forum.. not gunbroker.. if you want TOP DOLLAR for CRAPPY guns.. go to gunbroker or some other "selling site"
    btw your gun probably isn't worth what you're asking:D

Top Bottom