• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I like the INGO folks that will post or send a PM stating that they want an item, then either refuse to return a PM or even acknowledge that they received it.

Then there are the guys that you make an agreement on time and place, and then at the last minute either back out or not even bother to let you know that they are changing their mind.

Got stood up by a buyer in Avon a while back. Sat around for an hour or so waiting. Didn't respond to voicemails (left a couple while waiting) or PM when I got home. Matter of fact, I don't know that I've seen much of him at all on INGO since then. Hmmmm....

EDIT: Yeah, he's still lurking around.

Last edited:

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    this is a forum.. not gunbroker.. if you want TOP DOLLAR for CRAPPY guns.. go to gunbroker or some other "selling site"
    btw your gun probably isn't worth what you're asking:D

The majority of the lowball offers I get are from the guys with 51 posts using this as only a selling site.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    How in the world did this thread make it to 17 pages? That's crazy. This isn't complicated and everything that needs to be said has been said a dozen times over.

Edit to add: damn...now I am part of the problem having posted that and keeping is thread bumped up to the top.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I just love walking around the 1500 with my old, beat up Taurus Model 85 on my hip and having all the vultures run up and ask " what r u sellin there ? " ... old model 85..." how much? " ...I'm looking for $ 750 cash...." :-)

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Email works both ways. If you get a silly offer just delete it like spam. I have given up on selling on Craigslist or Armslist since it is full of a bunch of idiots who think everything is work 30% of asking price. The INGO classifieds is the only place I sell my guns and stuff.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Im seeing some of that right now. I don't jack prices up to be talked down. I set what I believe to be a fair price. And undercut if I can, but my margin for negotiations is eaten up by the fuel costs of FTF.

Inyomau5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    seller sets price higher expecting lowball offers, buyer gives lowball offer, seller counter-offers, buyer accepts. that's how it usually goes.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I love the low ballers that have the nerve to ask you to wait until next Friday. If I send someone an offer I have the cash in hand and willing to meet on the spot.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I love the low ballers that have the nerve to ask you to wait until next Friday. If I send someone an offer I have the cash in hand and willing to meet on the spot.
    That's a good one. Another good one is a lowball offer and they want you to travel to meet them halfway for that offer.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I have issues when I meet someone to buy a gun and it looks nothing like the pics they posted and then get mad when you want to renegotiate the price because they didn't tell the whole truth or hid something....they cry that we had a deal over the phone and emails but they bs about the gun in the phone and emails....

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Its not hard to just say no thank you, if you put OBO then of course you are going to get people trying to get it at a low price.

Ridiculous offers will be ignored until it's been up for sale 3-4 weeks and has not sold, then lowballers will be considered.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have issues when I meet someone to buy a gun and it looks nothing like the pics they posted and then get mad when you want to renegotiate the price because they didn't tell the whole truth or hid something....they cry that we had a deal over the phone and emails but they bs about the gun in the phone and emails....

I always say pending inspection

I have yet to find one that failed here.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Its not hard to just say no thank you, if you put OBO then of course you are going to get people trying to get it at a low price.

Exactly. Unless you list the price as being "firm," I see no harm in any offer. If its too low then don't sell. :dunno:

I tend not to buy used guns unless I get them at a significant discount from new. In my mind, a used gun has a greater likelihood of being broken or damaged and there may be a reason that it is up for sale.

I have found that many guns in the INGO classifieds have an asking price only slightly below the new price at an LGS. I always assume the "asking price" is not firm unless specifically stated as "firm".

Top Bottom