• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Objects that obstruct Another visitor's view.... Like all those signs we see. Next time ask them to refuse all those people entry. Either enforce all the rules, or none of them.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Last fall my son and were went to Indy for a 'mini' vaca. One of our stops was Lucas Oil. We went on a stadium tour that they give. We entered through the 'pro shop'. Carried the whole time; didn't even see a sign on the entrance to the shop.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'll help educate one more time and then I'm done in this thread. I am a contractor for Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indiana Convention Center. Neither facility has a policy that forbids guns. Such policy is at the sole discretion of the entity that is leasing the facility. Stop, let all of that sink in, try to understand it, and then, if you must, respond. Thanks.

You have been nothing but arrogant since you arrived on this board. It's truly incredible.:rolleyes:

Tell me, all knowing Pinchaser, is there anything you DON'T know? It's amazing how you are able to speak for all of us because you are an expert in literally every area.

Last edited:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    You have been nothing but arrogant since you arrived on this board. It's truly incredible.:rolleyes:

Tell me, all knowing Pinchaser, is there anything you DON'T know. It's amazing how you are able to speak for all of us because you are an expert in literally every area.

I keep wanting to add him to my ignore list but his arrogance has become amusing to me. I can't wait to see what "us guys" do to tick him off next.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Interesting... the LOS is operated by the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board. As a "Local Governmental Entity", would they not be restricted by State Law on what weapons policies they may have?

Current state law would allow those that lease/rent the facility for an event to have their own policies, but as I understand it, the CIB may NOT have a policy on firearms.

Yeah, I see what their website says, but I have also read Indiana Code 35-47-11.1

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    We also went to the Monster Jam.

I did something I've never done for a colts game. We walked into the convention center, and went in that way. I didn't realize you could get to LOS through the convention center, but you can. There were people checking tickets right before you went down stairs to Lucas Oil. No checks, wands, or anything. Makes me wish I had my CC with me since Im used to Colts game security measures.

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Interesting... the LOS is operated by the Indianapolis Capital Improvement Board. As a "Local Governmental Entity", would they not be restricted by State Law on what weapons policies they may have?

Current state law would allow those that lease/rent the facility for an event to have their own policies, but as I understand it, the CIB may NOT have a policy on firearms.

Yeah, I see what their website says, but I have also read Indiana Code 35-47-11.1

Actually, and trust me am I in no way sticking up for Mr. Know it all.
    according to this.

http://www.lucasoilstadium.com/pdf/ICCLOSFacilityGuide.pdf

The way I read it, it is up to the promoter or organizer on whether to allow firearms or not. Still, exactly like I said earlier. It doesn't matter whose policy it is if they constantly announce it over the PA it's not allowed.

Doesn't mean you necessarily have to hear it or obey it. Just don't roll up there printing and pitch a ***** if they ask you (or me) to leave for not following the rules.

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I also attended monster jam. However, I did not carry which i usually do. Come to find out while I was enjoying the show there were shots fired at Maryland & Capitol and that was where I parked.

Needless to say I will be cc from now on.

I'm pretty sure it is up to the venue as to whether or not you can carry. I thought that the convention center hosted the shot show many many years ago?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I also attended monster jam. However, I did not carry which i usually do. Come to find out while I was enjoying the show there were shots fired at Maryland & Capitol and that was where I parked.

Needless to say I will be cc from now on.

I'm pretty sure it is up to the venue as to whether or not you can carry. I thought that the convention center hosted the shot show many many years ago?

Reviewing everything, they have a policy on firearms listed on their website. However, due to them being owned by the City Improvement Board, which I did not know, they cannot enforce such policies and they know it. I have sent them an email asking them to clarify their specific policy on firearms for not only LOS, but ICC, Banker's Life Fieldhouse, and Victory Field, which they also own. I expect the email to say something about due to SB292 they have no official stance however they encourage the lessors to enact a policy. I will post the official reply when I get it.

Ridgeman4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Middletown
    I had no idea of the kind of controversy that I would stir up on this subject!!

Regardless of their policy, I did carry and will continue to do so in the future. I suppose if I end up attending a Colts game then I will have to find a way to deep cc so that it is not found.

I wish everyone luck that is going to be going downtown for events!

:draw:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Colts games aren't as difficult as you'd think. Most of the security there doesn't give a fire truck. Most of them scan either your front and back or your sides. I've gone to a game in STL and a game in IND, and both of their securities are laughable at best. STL had me throw my stuff in my hat but didn't check what was in there. IND had me hold all of my stuff while they wanded me. They did the same to my cousin and when he beeped they didn't say anything.

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    So does anyone know for certain if they will be wanding people at the supercross today? I'm planning to have my lcp in a front pocket with a pocket holster, hopefully they just think I have change in my pocket if it beeps.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    So does anyone know for certain if they will be wanding people at the supercross today? I'm planning to have my lcp in a front pocket with a pocket holster, hopefully they just think I have change in my pocket if it beeps.

Even if they wand you I have never seen anyone be stopped for the wand going off. You can put your cell phone (if you have a clip-case for it) onto the pocket and they will just think it is the cell phone.

The best way I found to get into events is as follows:
    1. carry the gun in a belly band set at the height of your belt and position the gun as close to your belt buckle as you can stand. If the gun is small enough you can even pull the pants just over the grips so it is ultra-concealed.
    2. Put your phone right on your pants or belt very close to your gun. This plus the belt buckle will be what is making the wand go off in their minds.
    3. (THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ONE!) Pick out a line with a security guard who looks like they are NOT an off-duty LEO. Lots of times they have younger guys/gals, or people who are obviously not paying attention to what they are doing. You can probably just carry normally past these folks.
    4. Once you get in go to the bathroom and position the firearm wherever you desire. I usually carry my kahr cm-9 in like this and throw it in a pocket holster once I get in.

I have not had a problem at colts games, pacers games or concerts or anything else.

Another more season specific way is to have your gun in a holster tucked up the sleeve of your jacket. Obviously it will have to be something small but they will typically just be wanding your torso and waist areas so the arms can be a place to sneak something in.

Happy trails!

redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    Even if they wand you I have never seen anyone be stopped for the wand going off. You can put your cell phone (if you have a clip-case for it) onto the pocket and they will just think it is the cell phone.

The best way I found to get into events is as follows:
    1. carry the gun in a belly band set at the height of your belt and position the gun as close to your belt buckle as you can stand. If the gun is small enough you can even pull the pants just over the grips so it is ultra-concealed.
    2. Put your phone right on your pants or belt very close to your gun. This plus the belt buckle will be what is making the wand go off in their minds.
    3. (THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ONE!) Pick out a line with a security guard who looks like they are NOT an off-duty LEO. Lots of times they have younger guys/gals, or people who are obviously not paying attention to what they are doing. You can probably just carry normally past these folks.
    4. Once you get in go to the bathroom and position the firearm wherever you desire. I usually carry my kahr cm-9 in like this and throw it in a pocket holster once I get in.

I have not had a problem at colts games, pacers games or concerts or anything else.

Another more season specific way is to have your gun in a holster tucked up the sleeve of your jacket. Obviously it will have to be something small but they will typically just be wanding your torso and waist areas so the arms can be a place to sneak something in.

Happy trails!

Good idea on the cell phone clipped to my pocket. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'll help educate one more time and then I'm done in this thread. I am a contractor for Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indiana Convention Center. Neither facility has a policy that forbids guns. Such policy is at the sole discretion of the entity that is leasing the facility. Stop, let all of that sink in, try to understand it, and then, if you must, respond. Thanks.

Just ignore this guy entirely.

Don't know why, but he feels the need to be a huge dick to everyone he talks to.

Considering that fact I think I understand why he is on INGO. He likes guns but has no friends in real life (due to his being a dbag and all), thus he has to come to INGO to find people to abuse.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom